Son of Random Stuff

Arthmoor

Scriptname BattlehornTrophyHallReceiptSCRIPTshort Dooncebegin OnAdd player	if ( Doonce == 0 )		SetItemValue 0		BattlehornFurnishingsTaxidermist.Enable		set DLCBattlehornCastle.TotalBought to DLCBattlehornCastle.TotalBought + 1		[color=red]if DLCBattlehornCastle.TotalBought >= 9			SetStage DLCBattlehornCastle 100		endif[/color]		set Doonce to 1	endifend

The red part of the script - do I need that?It's a pain to add that to every object script, and it's in the Quest script anyway.

Meanwhile, I swear Mass Effect 3 is trolling me.Me: Man, I'm tired of my shitty Human Infiltrator. He sucks. But I can't get any new race/class unlocks from buying stuff. Argh. Well, I'll try spending some of my mission credits on a couple more packs anyway.ME3: Here, you need to have 5 more class/race unlocks. At super high level.Me: What the shit? ...Me: Well, this Krogan Soldier looks super cool. I've seen these guys play, and they're pretty badass. I'll give it a shot.ME3: And now you must ride the Fail Train...to DEATH.Me: What, you're a cartoon supervillain now? This is terrible! I suck at krogan!ME3: Me: Oh bite me. And stop petting that white cat. How about if I try this Geth Engineer out? Robots are sweet. I hear this Hunter Mode power is kind of crazy looking, but let's see how it plays.ME3: oh god oh god oh godMe: HOLY SHIT I AM A MONSTROUS KILLER OF MEN AND MACHINES AND GENETICALLY-MODIFIED MISSILE-FIRING SPACE SPIDERS NOTHING CAN STOP ME HUNTER MODE LETS ME SEE THROUGH WALLS WHAT THE HELL CONQUESTPreferred playstyles. Apparently a thing now.

@Sigurd - Well, that depends. Can you buy stuff after the quest script shuts down? Does the quest script ever shut down? If you can't and if it doesn't, you can probably get rid of either that block in the item scripts, or the one in the quest script. Quest script is easier, adds a tiny bit of overhead. Take your pick.

@Sigurd -

Well' date=' that depends. Can you buy stuff after the quest script shuts down? Does the quest script ever shut down? If you can't and if it doesn't, you can probably get rid of either that block in the item scripts, or the one in the quest script. Quest script is easier, adds a tiny bit of overhead. Take your pick.[/quote']I don't quite understand.You have to buy the upgrade reciepts to finish the quest, two quests actually. You can't finish the quest until they're all bought.Both quests just have "Begin gamemode" blocks - the various blocks trigger on "if" conditions that are dependant on completed quest stages.

Well, ok. So you need to have that red bit of script in one of two places:1. Right where it is in that OnAdd block;2. Somewhere in the gamemode block of a quest script, presumably DLCBattlehornCastle.In normal circumstances, either of these is fine. #1 is a bit more work on the front end, but ever so slightly reduces the amount of gamemode stuff going on because you're not calling that block every 5 seconds.However, in your specific case, you need to ask yourself two questions:1. Do those quest scripts ever stop running via StopQuest?2. Is it possible to buy things after said scripts stop running?If both those things are true, then keeping that red bit solely in the quest script creates a possibility where you buy your 9th thing, the quest should update, and it never does. Thus, you'd want the OnAdd block version over the gamemode version.If not, it's like I said - a little easier to implement in the quest script, for the slight cost of keeping a gamemode block running. Up to you.Does that make any more sense?

Well' date=' ok. So you need to have that red bit of script in one of two places:1. Right where it is in that OnAdd block;2. Somewhere in the gamemode block of a quest script, presumably DLCBattlehornCastle.In normal circumstances, either of these is fine. #1 is a bit more work on the front end, but ever so slightly reduces the amount of gamemode stuff going on because you're not calling that block every 5 seconds.However, in your specific case, you need to ask yourself two questions:1. Do those quest scripts ever stop running via StopQuest?2. Is it possible to buy things after said scripts stop running?If both those things are true, then keeping that red bit solely in the quest script creates a possibility where you buy your 9th thing, the quest should update, and it never does. Thus, you'd want the OnAdd block version over the gamemode version.If not, it's like I said - a little easier to implement in the quest script, for the slight cost of keeping a gamemode block running. Up to you.Does that make any more sense?
Oh right, I get it, yes that does make sense. So the cleaner way to do it is in the onAdd block, oh well, I'll do that then. It's just a piece of code that needs copying.For the other quest though, that needs multiple stages so I'm thinking that had best go in the quest script.

Satan used to be interested in the apocalypse, until he took an arrow to the knee?

Satan used to be interested in the apocalypse' date=' until he took an arrow to the knee?[/quote']Shit, it's too bad we can't like posts here... LIKE! rofl.gif

Satan used to be interested in the apocalypse' date=' until he took an arrow to the knee?[/quote']Too bad he wasn't wearing knee armor.

I like it - it's like a deconstruction of EVERY RPG ever.Especially with the leveled guards in Oblivion always being ten levels above you.

Ahh, how lovely to see the general Steam Workshop populace is wising up to my presence. Comments such as:"I got ideas add me and I'll tell you them." (Not interested. Either tell me in the comments or don't bother.)Or the ever-popular:"Mod makes my game crash." (Sorry to hear that, but if you want my help, I kinda need more info than that.)Have appeared in my inbox overnight. This is one of those moments I'm really glad I can delete comments from my mod pages. :rolleyes:

Yes, I too am happy to find that deleting such useless stuff is possible. Especially when people will say "mod makes my game crash" on every mod they use in the slim hope that they'll somehow find a cure to the problem they likely caused themselves anyway.If only we could delete such crap from Nexus too.

I like it - it's like a deconstruction of EVERY RPG ever.

Especially with the leveled guards in Oblivion always being ten levels above you.

The best part was that I showed that video to my husband, who has never played a single TES game and never will. But he's heard me playing them for several thousand hours and even he recognized all the references. He actually laughed rather heartily.

ABC News[/url]]Anders Breivik' date=' the right-wing extremist who has confessed to killing 77 people during a murder spree in Norway last summer, played the violent computer game World of Warcraft nearly seven hours a day for several consecutive months before his attack, prosecutors say.[/quote']Oh boy, here we go with the violent video games crap again.

Man, between all the blog politics forcing me to murder dudes, and my violent video game addiction forcing me to murder dudes, I just don't have enough time in my day anymore.

You know, I was going to respond further last week (the next day, in fact) when the discussion exploded into this whole convoluted religious contention that included absurd statements like Purgatory is a Jewish concept, and every organized religion has managed to start wars... so I blew it off and dealt with matters that I felt were considerably more important...Just to indicate that I haven't completely disappeared on y'all again here, even if I very much expect to be absent much more than not for the next few weeks or so, I will throw in my two cents on today's brief exchange between Arthmoor & Dwip: rofl.gif Well played, Gents. :)

Anders Breivik' date=' the right-wing extremist who has confessed to killing 77 people during a murder spree in Norway last summer' date=' played the violent computer game World of Warcraft nearly seven hours a day for several consecutive months before his attack, prosecutors say.[/quote'']

Oh boy, here we go with the violent video games crap again.

That wasn't what they said in the trial - what they said was that he entered World of Warcraft as a slayer of evil and then brought that belief back out into the real world. It was litterally all he did for six months. It's about his mental state, not his violence.

Anders Breivik' date=' the right-wing extremist who has confessed to killing 77 people during a murder spree in Norway last summer' date=' played the violent computer game World of Warcraft nearly seven hours a day for several consecutive months before his attack, prosecutors say.[/quote'']

Oh boy, here we go with the violent video games crap again.

That wasn't what they said in the trial - what they said was that he entered World of Warcraft as a slayer of evil and then brought that belief back out into the real world. It was litterally all he did for six months. It's about his mental state, not his violence.

In other words, WOW had no effect on him mental state or violence wise.

So... Prometheus. (Spoilers ahead, read at own risk)

While a good movie, the plot was all over the place, like Ridley Scott didn't exactly know what movie he wanted to make. Is it a sci-fi thriller, an Avatar bastard-child, an Alien knock-off, or an Alien prequel? This movie tries to be all of those at once, and in the end it results in you not really knowing what the hell is going on and why. We start with a science expedition to a strange facility where they keep vases full of black stuff which are apparently a biological weapon. Maggots are exposed and become GIANT WOOOOOORMS and then the expedition lead ingests some (because Michael Fassbender is a douche) and turns into a caveman (no, really, he does), but not before getting nice and comfy with Noomi Rapace (who is sterile). She then finds out she is pregnant (dun dun DUN!!!) with what essentially becomes the first face-hugger.The reason they were there? So Generic Corporate Assholeâ„¢ #238845 can become immortal. I think you already know how that ends.Okay... so the Xenomorphs were created by (well, technically an unfortunate side-effect of) a biological WMD created by supermen (I shit you not) because... well, they didn't like us, I guess, and they wanted to kill off humanity. It's never really explained why that stuff was made and why the supermen wanted us dead. Because....Sequel-baiting! The ending has sequel written all over it, as Sigourney Weaver Noomi Rapace flies off with Micheal Fassbender (who is now a beheaded ex-douche) recording the "Last Survivor of the Nostromo Prometheus" monologue.And, of course, Charlize Theron had to die, otherwise Noomi Rapace couldn't perform her Sigourney Weaver imitation. Her death struck me as kinda cheap, it was pretty obvious she died because she was scripted to.Final sequence was pretty fun, a nice re-imagining of Alien's twist ending.

Should you go see it? Yes. But don't expect to be wowed by the story, as it's a muddled mess.

Glad I went and saw it already. I came away with a much better impression than "a muddled mess".