Son of Random Stuff

Arthmoor

Two of my mods being on the front page of Steam's library entry for Skyrim. It's attracting dozens of link spammers posting referral links to pirated Steam games.I guess nobody pays enough attention to the Steam screen when they launch it to have noticed that? :P

Your picture, of course, is displaying as a small red X currently, which I imagine inhibits comprehension of the issue.Also, awesome. Also kind of awesome, Steam apparently sticks in a little box with the author's avatar if the author of the mod is on your friends list. Nice touch.

Try the direct link?http://s18.postimage.org/k1rctnt6v/Front_Page.jpgI wonder if the image tag is fubar, but it shows up properly for me.

No, the direct link works, insofar as it directs me to an actual webpage with the image on it. Which would tend to suggest that whatever scripting they're doing there isn't going to work with image embeds.Which is to say that IE is displaying a red X for the embed, and Firefox doesn't even display anything at all.

That makes absolutely no sense because I see it just fine using Firefox. Yet as you say, IE isn't working for shit. Neither is Opera for that matter. WTF.Unless it somehow knows it was me who posted the pic and is letting ME see it, but that's just lame. Or perhaps this Ghostery add-on I installed has neutered their script as a byproduct of its tracker blocking.Oh well, they can eat shit now that I've switched it to an image attachment.

I truly hate it when life turns into a soap opera. I stopped watching them back in 1977 because my life was actually worse than being shown on the one I was watching at the time.
I never liked soaps, not even in the 70s, and I certainly don't like 'em when I'm one of the co-stars. :headbang:

I guess nobody pays enough attention to the Steam screen when they launch it to have noticed that?
Actually' date=' that's not the screen it displays for me when I launch it, so, no, I don't ever see that one. :shrug:Congratulations, all the same though. :)
That makes absolutely no sense because I see it just fine using Firefox. Yet as you say' date=' IE isn't working for shit. Neither is Opera for that matter. WTF.[/quote']Again :shrug:, it shows up just fine for me in Opera. Maybe Steam just knows I'm that special. ;)Or not :redface:, I hadn't noticed this last line:
Oh well' date=' they can eat shit now that I've switched it to an image attachment.[/quote']

Well this explains why I'm suddenly getting so much spam in two of my comment sections:
When I visited earlier, that was all I saw. Now the image is showing up.All sorted now though, as you've determined.

Oh how I wish we could like posts on Beth:http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1378149-forms-unsafe-to-touch-with-tesvsnip/page__view__findpost__p__20970257Thanks Arthmoor, that's beautiful. rofl.gif Now, how long do you think the silence will last? I give it a few hours until one of those guys is repeating the same crap again!

Heh. Glad you liked it :PThat's priceless enough to immortalize as an add-on to my sig over there for now too.

So on the subject of Steam Workshop, Civ 5 just got actual Steam Workshop support today.I find the following image interesting.SteamWorkshopCiv5.jpg

What the... I'm being credited as the author of a modpack for a game I don't even own? How amusing :)

Some dude. Gone now after a random Steam update, so.Although much more amusing to think Samson is just such a prolific mod author, he's now making mods he doesn't know about for games he doesn't have. :PSpeaking of Civ, did you ever actually do the free weekend thing?

No, I didn't. Maybe if they offer it up again I'll bite. I don't really remember why I didn't this last time.

Although much more amusing to think Samson is just such a prolific mod author' date=' he's now making mods he doesn't know about for games he doesn't have. :P[/quote']Why does that sound like a sailor with a girl in every port? With kids. whistle.gif

Perhaps its a case of stolen identity. Someone is using Samson's reputation to sell their mods :ninja: Also, on a completely different note that will probably be meaningless to everyone other than Dwip, I got to see a completely awesome bust of Horemheb (as a scribe) a couple of days ago. Although he did look rather girly and the missing nose didn't help either.

Technically its actually a statue for that matter. But the jackass who found it felt that only the head was worth keeping and smashed the rest.