Random Stuff

Arthmoor

Note to self: Fast Exit doesn't work if you quit the game normally while in the console.
Been fighting a lot in Mount and Blade recently, that's unpredictable, the number of times my heavily armoured king has been bopped on the head by a peasent with a mace, spontanious shield-charges with my companions, cavalry sythed down when spear-armed enemy reinforcements suddenly arrive, standing in the line while arrows fall like rain, only to be down by an unridden horse and then knocked out by some idot with a sledge hammer.Ahhhhhhhhhh.War.If only I could duel wield and form wedge, I wouldn't need any other games.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Sigurð Stormhand

• AndalayBay

Went and did something I normally wouldn't do - yanked Windfall from my load order after completing it. Good quest, story, etc, but absolutely zero reason to return later other than to just wander around. I have new goodies to devote all that lost AI processing to now :P

What, is there some mod that got released recently that we should care about or something?:PSpeaking of, is this where we start saying things about Hanaisse like "I knew her back when..." ? Pretty glowing mention in that readme, there.Also speaking of, this is the most conveniently timed illness ever. Sure, I feel like crap, but at least while I'm skipping out of work I can be all "Well, at least I can play Oblivion to make me feel better!"

What does suck though is when you are so sick that you can't concentrate well enough to play Oblivion (or any other game).

I was going to axe it regardless of our new found RST. I just couldn't see myself bothering to take a second character over and there was no reward stuff to hang on to after it was done. There's A LOT of NPCs there just twiddling away in the background for no real reason. At least Tamriel stuff you see every now and then as you're playing other stuff.

Yes, Dwip, you may worship me now. :lol:I'm waiting for Arthmoor to one day do the same. Oh, I guess I should finish Sutch and maybe he will. Good news is, I can work on it this weekend.(I yanked Windfall out of my order recently too. I never did make it to be ruler on either of my chars so yeah, no point going back)Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot .... OMFGsomeonereadthereadme!! :tongue:

I always read the readme. Obsessively. Besides, I was looking for my own credit. :PSo, yeah, Windfall. I dunno. It's pretty and all, but a couple hours in and it's 90% boring ass fetch quests for 10 gold.

Heh. Just as soon as my followers begin to gather in my temples I have left for them :)Yes, I read the readme too. Very well put together I must say. If only I had a fraction of the artistic talent that took. Very nice special thanks section too, I certainly wasn't expecting to see that.Also, I hate it when load order screw ups result in massive land tearing even though you know you fixed it. Or worse yet, when you know it worked in the CS and now you look again and something has obviously changed requiring the creation of a combo patch you shouldn't have needed.

And that was when both my character and Windfall made the fatal mistake of annoying the crap out of me at the same time.

I seriously hope (but am not truly expecting) that Skyrim's landscape editing system doesn't turn out to be the same levels of bullshit as Oblivion.

Well one can hope, right? Seriously, there has to be a better way to do this.Also, why is it every landscape patch ever always manages to land right on the 4 corners?

To vex you, clearly.Good thing the horse you get from Geldall Septim's house is never owned by you, meaning no horse armor, and Ruined-Tail can jack it at will. That's vexing me. That and the inventory crash I just had.

Clearly.Funny thing about ALB. I also ran into a dialogue bug where Captain Montora tells you to get your ass back to the palace. Um.... I think you're a bit late :P

Well clearly CSE hates me now. No matter which version I try and use. Just about had enough of this crap.

Probably a stupid question here, but when you stripped out all the .net stuff, did you also strip out all the C++ redist stuff? The two are rather tightly coupled and you need to remove both if you want to start clean. Also when you reinstalled, you grabbed the 32-bit version of C++ 2010 right? CSE requires that and I don't think it gives an error if it's not present - it just crashes.

Yes, I stripped the C++ Redistributable down as far as the system would let me - my video driver components require it and thus it can't be 100% uninstalled.I have 32-bit and 64-bit versions of C++ 2010 and only .NET 4 installed. It doesn't much matter at this point because even the 5.1 version that was working fine before (except for a few annoyances) crashes in exactly the same manner. Which leaves my only recourse as going back to using just the plain old CS itself with no extensions. Which is a massive pain in the ass when you're trying to work on patches. Right now I can't get jack shit done at all though because it crashes whenever I switch worldspaces, into or out of an interior, delete a path node, and even just scroll the render window too far in one direction.I'm no longer in the mood to put up with this crap either. I've been fighting it for weeks as it is and purging .NET and replacing it only made things 100x worse than they were before. If I have to, yes, I can get by on the vanilla CS supplemented by TES4Edit but I'd really rather not have to do that at all.

About the only thing I could do is to install the CSE on hubby's machine. He lets Win update run, so everything would be the latest. And he's got a Radeon 5970. Not sure that would help, but if it works for him, then maybe we could start comparing driver versions... And he just upgraded Catalyst yesterday. Give me a couple of days to get some mod stuff done.