Random Stuff

Arthmoor

Really? It is a separate file, but it's usually in the profile folder. Did you back up your profile folder? If so, you can copy that back in and start up firefox in the mode that allows you to switch profiles. Then you can switch to your restored profile and your passwords should be there. Have a look at the Mozilla site - search for switching profiles.I'd be totally dead if I lost my password list...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Sigurð Stormhand

• AndalayBay

Yes, I did back up the profile folder. Apparently that folder did not contain the password file or the cookie file because neither data set survived this. Restoring forum passwords is a major pain in the ass but I've got most of them back in working order.Also, apparently Thunderbird maintains two different profile folders now and I only managed to copy the one containing the cache and nothing else. Mozilla should be shot for pulling shit like that. They only used to have one profile folder that stored everything and it's always worked before.

Part of it is Windows 7. There are also two sets of profiles. If you just backed up the one in AppdataLocalMozillaFirefoxProfiles, you'll only get your cache. If you backed up the one in AppdataRoamingMozillaFirefoxProfiles, you'll get your passwords and extensions. There are a couple of extensions out there to backup your profile and I guess that's why - it's a mess now.

Either way, at the end of the day, I lost a shitload of email stuff. Microsoft is what it is, so I have to blame Mozilla for being too stubborn to adapt to it.

Considered it, but Chrome doesn't allow UI customization and I don't like where they jammed the bookmarks menu.Anyway. OB is back online. Wrye Bash is happy. Standalone works wonders btw, no Python installed yet and it's happy as a clam :PCSE 5.1 is happy. And I figured out why I bothered with .NET 4. MOM requires it. I am of course hesitant to put that back in now since .NET 4 seems to have caused most of the grief to start with.

Chrome has extensions actually - they just don't advertise them as much as FF does. I'm still debating which I like better...Uploaded full package of CSE.We've been fine with .NET 4. I really wonder if VS 2008 was the root cause of your problem...

Extensions aren't the issue. The UI itself will not allow customization. Meaning I can't move the bookmarks menu to the menu bar where I want it. Chrome locks it to the right side of the screen, which is just plain stupid.I dunno. The VS 2008 was in there for quite a bit longer than the .NET 4 and no issues cropped up because of it. All of the shit hit the fan with .NET 4 and started with those clr.dll errors.

I use microschlock because it comes with the computer. I can't say I like everything it does, but..... I'm too lazy to learn Linux.I'm glad you are getting up and running again Arthmoor.

Okay, after trying and trying and trying... I cannot find a single solution to RST's Better Cities conflict in the Waterfront. The shrine entrance cannot move from where it is, but there is no room to move the tavern blocking the doorway, and it can't be deleted because a quest-essential NPC is in there.I'm stumped. I give up. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Let Vorians deal with it. He'll know best how to move things around if possible.

So, in the latest annals of "Wow, I'm a freaking idiot," suppose we have a function, like so:

Function ConvertNewLineToCR(ByVal Input As String) As String        Dim Output As String        Output = Input.Replace(vbNewLine, "$CR")        ConvertNewLineToCR = Input    End Function

And then suppose that we have me, wondering why this function doesn't seem to be doing anything, and returns precisely the same value as I put into it.Spot the mistake, win a prize.In other news, while one might expect, if one is working with VB .NET's XML reader, for XMLReader.ReadElementContentAsString to, you know, read the value of an element as a string, which is what it says it does, what you actually want for that is XMLReader.ReadString. XMLReader.ReadElementContentAsString actually reads said value, then apparently skips over a whole node, whereas XMLReader.ReadString, which sounds like it would do the node skipping bit, actually needs to be manually forced.In conclusion, MSDN needs to die in a fire.

Dingdingding, give the lady a prize!*hands you a clannfear plushie*Also turns out that I was doing things with functions I didn't need to do, but really it was the input/output thing. If you code while tired you get what you pay for.

Had I been here 20 minutes ago I'd have won that instead :PI suspect there's a lot to do with MSDN that warrants purging by flame.

Boy do I want to talk about RST. Boy do I want to talk about RST without being almost completely and utterly negative. Boy do I feel like a dick for feeling the need to be negative in the first place.Fortunately, I'm only like a quest and a half in, so I expect that to change here relatively soon.[edit] Oh, and you know that thing I put in the readme for AFK_Weye 2.0 about not just throwing it in on top of 1.21? Yeah. Turns out I really meant that.

I hear you. Trust me though, it gets better.Also yes, that warning you put in for Weye? Faregyl has one too, and I was dead serious about doing a clean save with it. :)

I'd IM you to probe for the reason, but, well, I haven't reinstalled Trillian yet :P

Here all night.I'd just come out with it, but I'm not really able to talk about it without copious profanity, and I'd feel bad for DarkRider and Hanaisse among other people if I did.

If you have opinions about RST, it would immensely help if you would post them on TESA for DarkRider to see. Bitching about it here doesn't help to understand if you're coming across bugs that he could fix or just don't like the way he's laid it out.

Yeah, I'm aware of that, and that's coming in due time (I'm trying to get far enough ahead so I can get perspective on whether a few things are issues, instead of things just not revealed yet), but trust me, last night was not that time. Picture the harshest critique I have ever given you, times it by 5, and insert a shitassfuckton of profanity. I was literally screaming at my monitor at one point. Waiting for me to have a modicum of diplomacy is best for everyone. I'm merciless, but not that merciless, and I like you guys too much to subject you to it.