Random Stuff

Arthmoor

People need to have a bit of patience. UOP 3.4.0 is still marked as beta, but it will replace the Supplemental entirely.Kivan pushed the UOMP update without bothering with a beta period, and there's a few problems that need fixing, but it will replace the part of the UOPS that covered it. All of the changes were ported over.He hasn't done the USIP yet though.What little he's not taking into the UOP directly is being set aside in a small supplement file, which ends up being more or less not worth it because what's left there is trivial. Plus some of what's currently in it needs to be removed because it turned out to be wrong anyway.I will be pulling the UOPS offline once the UOP is out of beta and the USIP update is up. There won't be any need for it at that point.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Sigurð Stormhand

• AndalayBay

Yeah, that's the confusing part, it's not all done. So I don't see the point of updating the UOMP when still running the the -not yet deprecated- supplemental.*goes back to lurking*

Well the guy is doing his best. :)He's pretty much assuring people it will be done before Skyrim. So 5 days at most. He's uploaded a corrected UOMP so that part of the Supplementals is now totally obsolete.I'm not anticipating anything more on the UOP either except for some sort of thing with head tracking Daedroth and Clanfears.

So, perhaps you have wondered to yourself on occasion "What happens if Dwip is prevented from playing Oblivion for some reason? What happens then?" Or maybe you haven't.Either way, the answer is: madness and insanity.legopirateshiphalftrack_big.jpgUnfortunately topheavy, but can totally conquer stacks of books.

Curious Iguanadons want to know what prevents Dwip from playing the game.Also, legos rule. I have no idea what happened to mine. I used them to build road systems for my Hot Wheels cars.

Only reason I'm playing is RST, and DarkRider pleaded with me not to do the next part until after 1.0.4 releases, so...[edit] Also, sometimes I think things to myself like "You know, a lego pirate ship halftrack would be AWESOME." I try to listen to myself when these moments come.

I want one.That also has got to be the first Lego collection I've seen that looks like it might be bigger than the two generations of gradually acquired Lego stored in various boxes in my house (excluding people who build stuff with it for a living).

Figure that's a good 10-11 years worth of accumulation, during which Legos were my main toy, and I had a mother who liked to spoil me and who did Christmases big. Pretty sure I had almost all the Pirate legos, and a really good chunk of the Castle and a bunch of Space stuff. I also had the giant Technic truck with the working steering and the compressor-driven pneumatic crane. That blue box is the original Mindstorms set, and I would have tried to make a Robot Lego Pirate Ship Halftrack with Sensors and LEDs and Stuff, except the IR connection for the computer needs 9-pin serial, and my computer doesn't even know what that is.Most of the dumping started because I'm missing the sixth wheel for the tracks. Kind of angry about that. Could have cut out the wheels entirely if I could have angled the tracks a bit.

Everybody seen this?http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=40549s'awsome.Also, you guys say "legos" heh.

I'd be more impressed with the screenshots if I could actually tell the difference.And the plural of Lego is Legos, obviously. Any other belief is ignorant savagery, of course.(yes, this makes the actual maker of the toy ignorant savages. It all makes sense.)

I'd be more impressed with the screenshots if I could actually tell the difference.
It makes a difference in game, because all the distant cells fit together, the transition is a lot smoother as well because LOD and normal view match up. Not to mention, yuh know, no more floating objects or need to manually regenerate quads for your mods.In the pics the difference is most obvious on the waterline.

Oh good, it wasn't just me that couldn't see the difference. But then, I'm really not one to go apeshit with "OMG A FLOATING TREE, AHHHH"It's probably a good concept, but seriously need a programming degree to use it. (and no, aryuga's new gui doesn't help either)And I want a lego Pirate ship too!

I'm chuckling at the discussion of Lego because we got into the game rather late. My husband had Lego as a kid, but my family was too poor. So I bought hubby the Lego Mindstorms a few years ago and now I've been buying him Technics kits each Christmas! I also bought him the new Mindstorms last Christmas, so he has two controllers now (the first kit I bought him was the 2.0 or whatever they called it). He's got most of the sensors now too.Anyway definitely second childhood around here. He's building a robot that will chase the cats around the house :tongue: Oh, and as is perhaps typical when adults take up a past-time like this, all the parts are neatly stored in tackle boxes and plastic divided trays... :lol:This isn't a kids toy though. Universities actually use them to teach robotics. And hubby is programming his in C#...

Seriously? How does the new GUI not help? It made the process so simple there should be no excuse for not being able to use it. Well, other than the fact that the flags don't actually work right that is, but that's beside the point :PI envy the lego play too.

I started off with a couple of boxes from when my parents were kids. But then, who would've guessed it, my mum liked to spoil me (particularly at christmas). I started off on an old space station series, then rescue series, before pretty much moving straight star wars lego for the new six or seven years, as well a few creator kits. And my brothers were also big on it, which added to the collection. I never got much electronic stuff though, and the mindstorms kit I got had the tower broken so I never really used that.

Oh good' date=' it wasn't just me that couldn't see the difference. But then, I'm really not one to go apeshit with "OMG A FLOATING TREE, AHHHH"

It's probably a good concept, but seriously need a programming degree to use it. (and no, aryuga's new gui doesn't help either)

And I want a lego Pirate ship too![/quote']I just ran the BAT file he included. Sure, it's not a huge jump in quality, but it's nice not to have those jaggy edges and it means never having to match up LOD files again, or make them.As to Lego, I was all about the castles, with occasional sidetracks into space lego. I found brick links about 2 years ago and wasted about $200US on new shields and bits for my men.

So I made a guess as to how much stuff I have. Answer: a lot. I have an entire 3" deep baseplate just full of castle guys.When I saw the NXT 2.0 stuff, I had to restrain myself from immediately buying some. As it is, the only thing that kept from it was the fact that the kit is $250. Looks awesome.And you know, I remember as a kid one of the joys of playing with Legos was dumping them out on the floor and spreading them around and looking for pieces. As an adult, I kept thinking "I'd totally kill somebody for a set of parts bins right about now. Argh." This was especially aggravating when I was looking for some of those 2x1x3 tall slope pieces, barely found enough, then once I was looking for something else immediately found 8 more. Argh.

Note to self: Never promise people indoor weather boxes again. God damn this is tedious.

I concur - although if you switch the UI back to the larger icons it isn't quite as bad. Seriously, I wonder WTF it is Mozilla is thinking these days. Clearly they're having a massive case of Chrome envy. Which is dumb, because Chrome sucks.

Is that why my Firefox insists that 7.01 is as far up as it's going? It's like "No, no, if we do this, he'll hate us more than he already does, and we might die a horrible death"?

Frankly I'm surprised you even have a Firefox anything considering you're rabid support for IE :P

Yeah, I finally had enough of Chrome and have switched back to FF. TESA was hideously slow with Chrome and other sites weren't much better. If I wasn't going to get lightning speed out of the damned thing, I wasn't going to put up with the interface any longer. I haven't let my FF update to 8 yet...

Just did some serious cleaning of my 2nd HD, and happily came away with an extra 88.3GB of space. Pretty sweet for a small 250GB HD.Had to laugh when I came across 3 installs of SMAUG, 3 installs of LOP, and one SMAUGFUSS. Also found area editor, a ton of area files and mushclient sitting in the corner gathering dust. Goodbye to that time of my life.Now to fill it back up with Ob backups. :lol: