Random Stuff

Arthmoor

Well, significant progress has been made on my homebuild project. At this point, the PC is fully constructed, operational, and I have completed the installation of Windows 7 x64 and the MoBo driver set.The next phase, however, requires an internet connection, and my previous wireless adapter is incompatible with Win7, so I need to put things on hold until my new wireless networking card arrives. I ordered it about two days ago, but I can probably expect weekend delivery on it, since it is shipping via USPS.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Sigurð Stormhand

• AndalayBay

Well at least it's not printers. I hate printers.

Yup, printers and Slipstream drives.(Finished Andromeda Marathon)

I note we have a WoT thread' date=' but:

While not wholly without merit (Jason Isaacs as Taim I can get behind, a couple others), most of that is just...yeah, what?

I'm not sure who I'd cast as the three boys, but not whoever those people are.

[edit'] Hrm. Nicole Kidman as Morgase is pretty pro. Judi Dench amuses me as well. Paul Bettany as pretty much anybody, though maybe he'd be a better Mat than Gaul. Kind of wasted as Gaul. Liam Neeson WOULD make a good Bashere, though Liam Neeson would probably make a good anybody. Alternately Gareth Bryne. John Rhys-Davies as Bayle Domon FTW, also Danny Trejo as Uno.

A lot of the lesser cast are pretty good. Just the main ones are whack.

Yeah, it's a rag bag of peoplefrom all over the place, I agree with all your picks except Nicole Kidman.Actually Liam Neeson would make a good Bryne, Bashere, not so much. Tamsin Egerton as Elaine is actually a good pick, she's blonde and pretty, but her turn as Guenivere was pretty bland - perfect.Two things bother me though.1. Ron Perlman is obviously Elyas.2. Why isn't Lan played by SEAN BEAN

Well at least it's not printers. I hate printers.
Ugh... printers. I can't even tell you how long my PC has not been hooked up to the home printer anymore.But, they said our printer would not work with Windows 7... too bad they were wrong. :innocent:Good thing, too. That printer was expensive.

Okay, it is time for the initial verdict... my previous Oblivion install, with all mods and all data, has been imported to my new system and is now up and running (along with Bash, OBMM, etc., but not yet on the CS). As far as I can tell, nothing has gone amiss at this time, but I didn't stick around in the game world for very long. Just checking to make sure things were working and to get the INI file regenerated (precautionary delete due to significant hardware changes).Performance has improved noticeably, I would wager the new system is running my fully modded install at my previous graphics settings about 6-7 FPS faster than my old one. Stuttering seems to have improved, as well.I still have yet to seriously playtest the game and install the LAA patch, but at this point, initial results show a lot of promise. :)

I'm feeling somewhat frustrated with the Fallout 3 engine right now. It might be a lot better optimized than Oblivion, but it also seems to like to become laggy for no apparent reason periodically. Still, at least the lag isn't a crippling as it was on my PS3. Though for that note I'm starting to get crashes every so and so often, which I think must be a sign from the gods (gamebryo) that I shouldn't install any more mods (and perhaps look for ways to solve these issues as well).

Assholes like Arkngt really bug the shit out of me, and no I don't care if he sees this. What the hell is wrong with that guy anyway?

He does seem to really have a problem with you, doesn't he? The argument in the UOP thread, well, ok. The FastExit2 thing? You're not really saying controversial stuff there.On another note, Portal 2 was pretty great. More on that later.

Assholes like Arkngt really bug the shit out of me' date=' and no I don't care if he sees this. What the hell is wrong with that guy anyway?[/quote']Ignore him! He's baiting you. Everybody else ignored him - you should too. Easy for me to say, I know. The guy is clearly insecure and you really shouldn't waste your time on him.

You might notice I didn't bother with him this last time. Not worth it. I've been told though, by someone who saw it go down, that he's uber-pissed about me proving him wrong about OC performance issues awhile back and has had it in for me ever since.The UOP thing is entirely moot now btw, Lojack cooked up some hacks in Bash so that OOO/Frans users don't have to deal with whatever the supposed issue was. I still think the whole issue over yelling like babies over fixes of that nature is completely stupid, and of course no examples of how the UOP has become my personal playground were ever forthcoming, so yeah.The dude really should know better than to make patently false statements about crash-on-exit though. Even he knows better. So I guess the only logical conclusion is that he's out to troll me at every opportunity. Might have to ignore-list the idiot if he keeps it up.

Yeah, I did notice you didn't bother with his troll. We all see what's going on - don't worry. Doesn't help much, but we know.

Dear CSE script editor: Why oh why can't you act more like VS2008? *sigh*Dear RST: Diediedie (not really)Dear self, re: first comment: This probably applies to you.

Hey kids, protip: If somebody reports a bug, and you're like "Oh yeah I should totally fix that!" and you know what the deal is? Bloody well fix it right then instead of waiting 3 months, coming back, and being all "Man, what was even going on here I don't even know"Which is to say do as I say, most definitely not as I do.

:lol: Not quite like that, but I did have one today. Question about Oblivion XP: guy asked how he could increase his other skills - he could only increase three of his majors. Well I recognized this as "I can only increase my combat skills - what about the rest?" Answer: those arrows next to "Combat Skills" are buttons, not just decoration, click on them to switch to your magic skills, then stealth skills. But I did thank him: for reminding me that I had intended to add that to the readme three months ago...

Well, it seems the Skyrim board is not a complete cesspool...I just had a very good discussion about console hardware with someone who was actually intelligent enough to understand the difference between "objective comparison" and "bashing."Did I just turn the moon blue or something? :biggrin:

It's the gunpowder in the air. Heightens the sense and the mind.I think I just commented (or rather lamented) in the thread you're talking about :P

Whats with NMC texture pack for Fallout 3 having such low res rocks? They're so terrible that I'm actually downloading the full version to get the larger texture. But then if I hadn't been a dumbass and brought a 2gb graphics card in the first place I'd be using that whole texture pack anyway. :tongue:

Got me. I haven't looked at any of that FO3 stuff in ages. Isn't there a better pack now anyway?Also, why am I suddenly struck with the urge to do something about the ever-burning fires of the destroyed Bruma mage guild? Oh wait, I know, cause I teleported in there without thinking and the place is still fully involved. Selections to fix this on Nexus just don't seen all that well done either.

Well I'll certainly grab it when you're done. Not sure about J'Skar as the head - most of the rebuild mods do that. But definitely agree he should be reinstated and return to help with the restoration or something. Then a good position of some sort.

For that matter, I've cleaned out the Oblivion install on my gaming rig and created a new one based around TIE. Though so far my character has been having limited luck battling deadroths in Kvatch Oblivion world. :tongue:

Fuck off QSFP, why the hell did you go and do that?

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!11111ONE! Your mod told me I robbed a caravan! My life is ruined! :rolleyes: