Random Stuff

Arthmoor

Here's the synopsis:Two NPCs enter conversation with each other.I enter menu mode in the middle of the conversation.When I exit, whoever was speaking finishes, and then they just stand there and stare at each other until...A: The actors are unloaded.B: I initiate conversation with someone else myself.Removing ALchemy from the equation stops this from happening, but then I'm left with waterfalls and Oblivion Gates and such going silent every time I need to check the map or quaff a potion.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Sigurð Stormhand

• AndalayBay

God... I love Creative software. :headbang:I have no idea what I did, but I just fixed the NPC conversation issues I was having. As an added benefit, my footsteps are now sounding better, as well.

And you did nothing?One thing I have noticed that I'm not sure is actually sound related. Sometimes when ending conversation, an NPC fails to use their goodbye line. Sometimes standing still for some time before resuming their normal activities. I've always assumed this was from AI overloading. Perhaps not though. I can live with them being rude jerks though :P

No, I did something, but I have no clue what it was I did that fixed the problem.It's a fairly common trend for me when managing things in the Creative console. Once I get things just the way I want them, I don't have a clue how to get back because the steps I went through to get there are too convoluted for anyone to even hope to remember.

Sounds like me installing Wrye Bash from scratch - especially the Python part...I've been thinking of getting a proper sound card...

Yeah, BASH is not fun to use - I'm still having issues with it.

The Lost Spires is prejudiced against Argonians!

Why'd the lizard have to die first?!

Wurst mod evar!

He was a martyr for the cause and his memory can never be defeated now.

I think gramps is getting sentimental in his old age...
:lol:

So:1. Dear Breakneck Lair door: Were you planning on joining the rest of us any time soon?2. Dear Clan Oda: Really, assaulting my epic samurai army _in a castle_ with your legions of peasant ashigaru? That's your best plan? No wonder you have one province.3. Relatedly, Dear The Shogun: Your idea of how to run an alliance of all Japan versus me needs some help. Just saying.

Watching a video comparing FO3 to NV. Pity the guy that make the video has got the story in FO3 significantly wrong (he thinks that Autumn wanted to inject FEV into the purifier; that might explain why he doesn't complain about the whole business of forcing you to work with the 'good' BOS to fight the 'evil' enclave) and only played through NV once, consequentially ending up thinking for some strange reason that you can only side with the Legion and NCR.Pity.

• 2 weeks later...

So today I finally managed to finish Nehrim's main quest. It was a fun ride, but there were a lot of choices made in the game that are damaging to roleplayers. Namely:- Nehrim is biased towards swordfighting and magic. Blunt weapons and Archery really got the short end of the stick here, which hurts the player's ability to roleplay.- The story is difficult to digest. It gets pretty messy at the end.- Not a lot of replay value, the Main Quest takes up about 75% of the game, and there really isn't much left to do once you've completed it. In a sense, Nehrim actually feels like a medieval version of Mass Effect.- Feels like there were a lot of missed opportunities here. Treomar, for instance, only needs to be visited twice in the entire game for quests and considering how huge it is and how much history the site has, surely there would have been more people looking to probe its secrets? I would have liked to have seen some side questlines (rather than just individual miscellaneous quests) that took me to even more interesting places.- On that topic, a lot of the places in Nehrim just feel like they are there in order to be there. You can visit them if you want, but you are never given any reason to go there aside from farming experience and obtaining loot to translate into money with which to buy even more experience (in skills). Sorry, but I'm not a fan of grinding, and I'd also prefer some more interesting ways to spend my cash than on skill-ups (there's only one house for sale in the entire game).I'm not sure if I'm going to be giving it a second go, maybe after I've let it rest and returned to Oblivion for a while. Anyways, it feels good to have finally finished it.

Well, that's totally unsurprising, for all the reasons mentioned. A self-selecting minority well-versed in the subject matter scores higher? No way!Am I the only one who's just kind of meh about Nehrim? Probably for no reason, but.

Eh, I might try Nehrim when I finish with Mothership Zeta Crew (plus whatever else I can think of in Fallout 3) and FarCry 2.But those two games are probably going to take me all the way up to Skyrim.

All of the FO3 DLC was good stuff. Way better than a bunch of rehashed house mods for Oblivion.

Reminds me I need to check out the first two FNV DLCs. Picked them up, haven't played them yet. So many games, so little time.

No matter what you do, the toggle pathgrid button in the CS just isn't ever going to toggle bright lights. Which I realize is contrary to how it ought to work, but nevertheless.

Heh. Seems I went off and got silently recruited as part of the Kvatch Rebuilt team :P

Mothership Zeta was kinda tedious, undoubtedly the worst of the FO3 DLC.But still better than a bunch of houses. :tongue: