Random Stuff

Arthmoor

Those aren't unused junk files. They're free modders resources! :D
Her."Free resources" would be unused meshes, of which there are actually a few.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Sigurð Stormhand

• AndalayBay

Wise man once say: Do not let CS be swapped to hibernate. Crash it will upon returning to life.

Funny, it has a strange display bug when I do that, but doesn't crash. It and IE desperately want to believe I run at 1024x768 when I come back from hibernate, though.

It doesn't crash for me (with the CSE at least), although it can become non-responsive for a few minutes.

Yeesh, having finally worked out that the bandits wer not disabling around Battlehorn castle because they were all parented to Lord what's-his-dead-face I have spent the last day trying to work out why all my guards feel the need to wander into Chorrol.Answer?The road I added from the town to the Gold road starts out blocked by a locked gate - and as I haven't faffed around with all the pathing yet the guards run out through the hole in the fence after a wolf, and then to get back in they feel the need to exhause ALL road-related option first!ARG!!!I'll disable the whole gate thing until I have that scripted, I think.

Note to self: >1 is not the same as >0.*Makes note of minimum changes needed to create alternate chargen quests*

What's the min distance on a "find" package to prevent two guards making out when they change shifts?Upside, after 24 hours of faffing everyone is at their post! Huzzarh!

Probably something like 100 units. You can use a trick I came up with to find out easily. Edit a light, reduce the radius to something you think is adequate, then place a copy. Turn on the light radii in the view menu and see if the circle fits how you want it to work. I don't think NPCs can get closer than about 64 units to each other, so don't go below that.

Ah, I think I completely missinterpreted the distance measurements.

Yay! I can finally get internet on my laptop at home again! FUCK YOU wireless box! I BEAT YOU!

*mutters about people bitching about Wrye Bash but not lifting a finger to help figure out the problem*

*mutters about people bitching about Wrye Bash but not lifting a finger to help figure out the problem*
That's because those of us that are bitching couldn't help even if we wanted to. If we could, we'd make a merged patch with tes4edit, and not depend on Wrye Bash. For now, the solution is use the previous edition for now.

Then at the very least provide useful information in error reports. Don't just go "it broke my game" and expect the developers to know how to fix that. Stubborn refusal to do so isn't going to advance the product.A merged patch in TES4Edit is an even bigger colossal joke and is prone to 10x more issues than anything Bash is currently capable of, even with a few bugs here and there.

Bash is getting overly complicated and I feel like I need to go back to school to get a degree in computer programming to continue using it.Just my opinion, don't mow me down. :)

What version is it up to now? I still have 291, apparently.

292. It just came out recently. There's a few bugs though that have since been fixed in the latest SVN and should be resolved once they call it 293 and release the update. Which I wish they'd do before this drags on for weeks on end like all the shit that happened with whatever version before 291 became a huge mess and gave Bash a bad name.

Well, I long ago leanred not to download new Bash before it has been had at by the likes of yourself and others who have a better idea of what they are doing.Download something like Bash and then bitch as bugs? Follish in the extreme.

Quick question about Quests.When the game evaluates "Getstage", is it checking if the stage has been passed, or if the stage has passed sequencialy? i.e., if I have dialogue or AI packs that are conditional on "getstage =<" will it fire so long as that quest stage has been set? I'm thinking of how to get all the extra stuff into Battlehorn castle, and from what I can see it could potentially involve a lot of jumping between stages.

The problem with Bash in this case is that it was working fine immediately prior to the release. Something changed between the SVN version I was testing and the actual release that broke things. Lojack had it fixed the next day but the damage was done by then. What kills me is that they KNOW it's fixed now but are caving to whiners who aren't getting eyes to work quite right. While the rest of the users suffer real damage from busted filter support. Makes no sense.GetStage evaluates based on what it's currently set to as far as I know. If you need to see if a particular stage has been processed, you need to use GetStageDone instead. That one doesn't care which stage you're on now.

I don't understand the need to pile so much into Bash anyway. I guess it's because I don't have a 400 mod load list...That's why I was suggesting 1192 get released as 292a or whatever you want to call it. Or whatever SVN has appeared to be really stable.And I really don't understand how WB could crash your Oblivion game. With CBash enabled, does that rely on the C++ redistributables? That's about the only possibility I can see...

The problem with Bash in this case is that it was working fine immediately prior to the release. Something changed between the SVN version I was testing and the actual release that broke things. Lojack had it fixed the next day but the damage was done by then. What kills me is that they KNOW it's fixed now but are caving to whiners who aren't getting eyes to work quite right. While the rest of the users suffer real damage from busted filter support. Makes no sense.

GetStage evaluates based on what it's currently set to as far as I know. If you need to see if a particular stage has been processed' date=' you need to use GetStageDone instead. That one doesn't care which stage you're on now.[/quote']The Bash guys have always seemed a little... eccentric to the non-programmer.GetStageDone...awsome.Edit: Incidently, everything seems to crash Oblivion! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG

@Andalaybay: Try to imagine modding with no Wrye Bash at all, or even with only half the features it's currently capable of. Without BAIN even. Yep, modding would suck ass if we all had to rely on OBMM and hand creation of patches to resolve incompatibilities.@Sigurd: Yes, they're a bit eccentric even to those of us who do program :P

No, I recognize the value of WB, but I was perfectly happy with 287 :smile: The only reason I upgraded was because I was interested in some of new features the wizards offer, although I do think Mooo and Lojack are going a little overboard on that too. I also like the BOSS integration. So yes, I'm using the new features, but do we really need all those tweaks in there? And like you said, what's the big deal with the eyes?