Random Stuff

Arthmoor

Ok Samson, it's all your fault. I've bought The Witcher 2, now you'll never see your cave mesh. Bwahahaha. :lol:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Sigurð Stormhand

• AndalayBay

Now now, no need to withhold my cave pieces over this!

Well, having install issues, so you might see your cave piece after all. :)And I didn't get a little insert about DLC's. I got hosed.

Well get them while they're hot - some kind soul posted the links to all of them, and the devs haven't taken the post down yet:http://wpc.420c.edgecastcdn.net/00420C/files/InstalDLC/dlc_finishers.exehttp://wpc.420c.edgecastcdn.net/00420C/files/InstalDLC/roche_jacket.exehttp://wpc.420c.edgecastcdn.net/00420C/files/InstalDLC/merchant.exehttp://wpc.420c.edgecastcdn.net/00420C/files/InstalDLC/swordsman_suit.exehttp://wpc.420c.edgecastcdn.net/00420C/files/InstalDLC/alchemy_suit.exehttp://wpc.420c.edgecastcdn.net/00420C/files/InstalDLC/magical_suit.exeThe troll DLC is now part of the 1.1 patch so there's no link to it. I don't know what all these others do, but merchant.exe is the one you're supposed to get with the Gamestop promo.

I figured I should stop being lazy and actually release some of my shit to Nexus like I said I was going to 4 months ago.Only, well, one of the reasons I was being lazy is that writing everything kind of sucks. I had HTML readmes for everything but AFK_PrayerIdles, but I need BBCode versions to post as descs/threads. Now that that's accomplished, all I gotta do is get off my ass and release them all. :P

Also, since my hardcore guy finally beat F:NV, I no longer have that excuse.Speaking of which:1. Melee weapons. Jesus Christ. The unique fire axe is a monsterous killer of men*.2. If you actually sit down and try, healing 10,000 points of damage with food items isn't all that hard.3. My armament: Knock Knock (unique fire axe) and Thump Thump (unique grenade rifle). My amusement: vast.* - Read as: men, beasts, deathclaws, robots, everyone in the entire Brotherhood of Steel**, and brahmin***** - Which gets you some epic loot if you bother to haul it all off, might I add. All 15 trips or so it took me.*** - List not exclusive. Includes molerats in some jurisdictions.

** - Which gets you some epic loot if you bother to haul it all off' date=' might I add. All 15 trips or so it took me.[/quote']I was to lazy at the time I did that and just grabbed what I could carry and

blew the place up

(for the benefit of people who haven't done that quest). That said, Boone still got a gauss rifle. I don't believe I died once after that point.

Because it's not like Boone wasn't hax pre-gauss rifle.And I needed all the cash to repair my reinforced combat armor mk ii. 15k each repair or so. Painful.Also, I did all those trips without fast travel, because my hardcore guy turned it off. A bunch of trips to Goodsprings and my rail station home. You have no idea how much I wished Samson would suddenly start playing F:NV and decide to reprise his travel services mod. Hell, I almost wrote one myself.

Yeah, Boone's ridiculously powerful even without a gauss rifle. That said, when I fired him the first time he gave me his sniper rifle, which a) I had no ammo for and B) I couldn't give back to him for some reason. So, y'know, I had to give him a fitting replacement. :evil:On that combat armor note; wtf did they make so much stuff ultra rare. I haven't seen a fatman, or an assault rifle, I've only seen a single hunting rifle and that really awesome combat armor you use seems to be be available in vendors. But then, at least there's enough cash available for you to afford that.

Yeah, hunting rifles in particular are super rare. I know there are a couple of dudes somewhere who carry them (Viper Gunslingers?), and if you get to Gun Runners at high enough level you can get anything, but yeah.Bought my armor at Gun Runners too. I don't think I ever saw it live anywhere.

*sigh*

Too' date=' as the question wavers between "Do I really want to make my own travel caravans mod?" and "No, but am I going to do it anyway because that last bout of no fast travel was soul draining?"[/quote']Apparently the answer, as we probably all already knew, is decidedly #2. Which I suppose begs two questions:1. Is there anybody else playing F:NV on PC that would care about any of the stuff I'm doing for it?2. Outside of Goodsprings, Primm, Mojave Outpost, Novac, the 188 Trading Post, the Crimson Caravan Company, and Camp McCarron, is there anywhere else anybody would like to go?If you answered "Yes" to both those questions, speak now.

Does it count that I'd care if I were to one day get the game and play it? :P That day won't be anytime soon though because I won't deal with Steam's shit any more than absolutely necessary. Which means waiting on a compilation pack that has all the DLCs.

Not an NV player, never will be, but just wanted to point out if you do continue with this mod, and others, go upload them to TES Alliance. I know several people there that do play.

Man, setting up dialogue trees and editing conditions. Does fun get any more extreme than this?

I think it does. Checking for bugs in the condition's absolutely blows that stuff out of the water as far as I'm concerned...-load up Oblivion, find condition bug, close Oblivion, fix it in the construction set, save, load up Oblivion, find another bug in a different condition, go back to the construction set, spend ten minutes trying to find the problem, eventually think that you've solved it, save, load up Oblivion, find you haven't fixed it, go back to the construction set, fix it, go back to Oblivion, find another bug in the conditions...I blame you and Arthmoor for inspiring me to start writing quests.

Heh. Welcome to quest modding. Where you can spend 2 whole months doing nothing but dialogue condition checks.What makes it worse is that for the longest time I was not aware you could shuffle the order of dialogue responses in the CS by using the left and right arrow keys. That alone would have spared me no end of grief during Feldscar's development.

Yeah, condition bugs are totally FTW.Which is why, might I add, it really pays off to preplan your quests unless it's either very short or you REALLY know what you're doing. Also don't be like me and say "I'm really tired but want to work on the mod, so let's copy some dialogue conditions!" That never ends well.Really wish I had known about that left/right arrow thing previously. It's helping me now, but it's more of a convenience than a real help. For AFK_Weye, though, well.I feel compelled to note that several things would have spared you no end of grief during Feldscar's development. :P

Perhaps so, but considering I did the Faregyl 2.0 update and Frostcrag Village using my normal haphazard methods of assembling things, Feldscar stands out as a major anomaly in it having been such a problem. Of course its problems weren't confined to dialogue issues either. I think that mod was just cursed.

Yeah, those rumors are really annoying me right now to.I blame Arthmoor again. It was his idea to give a clan of bandits unique rumors and of course I have to try and do the same.

There's not much point in doing conversations without recorded voice, even if your subtitles are all on. Good luck getting recorded voice unless you resign to doing it yourself.