Random Stuff

Arthmoor

I hate weapon stats now. However the last hurdle for the TIE weapon+armor filter is done and I can finally shove that one out the door :P

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Sigurð Stormhand

• AndalayBay

I keep meaning to try a load order with TIE. I'm not one for overhauls at all but that one sounds intriguing.

Going back to the install order instructions for a moment,

1. Install the game.2. Install the official DLCs if you have them.3. Install Knights of the Nine.4. Install Shivering Isles.If you have a Game of the Year Edition, you likely don't need to do anything else. Once Shivering Isles is installed you should already be fully patched.If you don't, then install the latest official game patch to bring you up to version 1.2.0416. Make sure you install the right one, as there is one for standard Oblivion and one for Shivering Isles.
Since I'm just going through an entire re-install I'm going to disagree with your advice. The more logical order is;1. Oblivion2. Shivering Isles3. Official Patch 1.2.0416 (or not if GOTY edition)4. DLC'sOtherwise, the DLC's want you to install a 1.1 patch that comes on the disk. Plus it makes more sense to me. :shrug:(Besides, #2 just doesn't make sense if you're going to mention DLC's by name after it.)

You don't have to install that patch though. However, if you do, the order I specified is correct. Otherwise your order would have you attempting to install the 1.1 patch after already being up to 1.2 which isn't going to work out so well."The DLCs" has always referred to everything other than KOTN and Shivering Isles. Plus if you've got the GOTY Edition, you don't have those anyway unless you bought them separately or got the Steam deal later.

No no, I'm saying, if you're already patched to 1.2 before installing the DLC's then of course you don't need 1.1. Your way patches everything after.

@Arthmoor...any idea what this is saying? Popped up in Bash while building my bashed patch.

Error in Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.espTraceback (most recent call last):  File "C:Elder ScrollsBethesda SoftworksOblivionMopybasher.py", line 5304, in Execute    patchFile.initData(SubProgress(progress,0,0.1)) #try to speed this up!  File "C:Elder ScrollsBethesda SoftworksOblivionMopybosh.py", line 16990, in initData    patcher.initData(SubProgress(progress,index))  File "C:Elder ScrollsBethesda SoftworksOblivionMopybosh.py", line 18835, in initData    srcFile.load(True)  File "C:Elder ScrollsBethesda SoftworksOblivionMopybosh.py", line 5101, in load    self.tops[label].load(ins,unpack and (topClass != MobBase))  File "C:Elder ScrollsBethesda SoftworksOblivionMopybosh.py", line 4114, in load    self.loadData(ins, ins.tell()+self.size-20)  File "C:Elder ScrollsBethesda SoftworksOblivionMopybosh.py", line 4971, in loadData    worldBlock = MobWorld(header,selfLoadFactory,world,ins,True)  File "C:Elder ScrollsBethesda SoftworksOblivionMopybosh.py", line 4757, in __init__    MobCells.__init__(self,header,loadFactory,ins,unpack)  File "C:Elder ScrollsBethesda SoftworksOblivionMopybosh.py", line 4581, in __init__    MobBase.__init__(self,header,loadFactory,ins,unpack)  File "C:Elder ScrollsBethesda SoftworksOblivionMopybosh.py", line 4104, in __init__    if ins: self.load(ins,unpack)  File "C:Elder ScrollsBethesda SoftworksOblivionMopybosh.py", line 4114, in load    self.loadData(ins, ins.tell()+self.size-20)  File "C:Elder ScrollsBethesda SoftworksOblivionMopybosh.py", line 4836, in loadData    raise ModError(self.inName,'Unexpected subgroup %d in world children group.' % groupType)bosh.ModError: Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp: Unexpected subgroup 16777222 in world children group.

Needless to say I can't build said bashed patch. Everything is a fresh download off Nexus today.

You sure it wasn't looking at a corrupt copy of the file from your dead drive?Also for anyone who hasn't seen the blog update yet:1254197425.png

I'm unable to grasp whether that's sarcasm or not, though whenever I downloaded a bad file of nexus (which happened a quite a bit a year or so back), I got informed by wrye bash something was up in much more dramatic fashion.

For those of us that work a lot on exteriors, I'm going to pimp this new handy dandy little app - Landscaper's Little Helper.If you're like me and don't know what each landscape file in the CS looks like by heart, just flip this open and take a look! Also includes flora (the ingredient kind), and I've asked for an addition of shrubs and trees. Very trustworthy source. Why didn't anyone think of this sooner?

Definitely going to check that out. Although now that it's been released I wonder how hard it would be for ShadeMe to fix the preview windows in CSE to display textures above 512x512.

Hey, crickets. Keep it down in here, would you? The chirping is annoying.So:Pro Move of the Day - realizing that Amazon is about the cheapest place on the internet for HP printer cartridges.Not-So-Pro Move of the Day - Placing an order for a pair of HP 57 carts, then realizing that for less than the stock cost of the carts, I could just buy a better printer (OfficeJet 8000 Pro), which takes the incredibly cheaper and better HP 940 cart. And of course, somehow on a Saturday it's already into shipping soon, cannot cancel mode. *sigh*Ah well.[edit] Amazon customer service, keep on rocking.

Note to self; if you've installed Oblivion on more than one computer, when you update one of your mods, make sure you install the update on the other computer.

The hell kind of error is that?Also, your curse rubbed off on me it seems. Out of nowhere, blue screen. Microsoft's support site claims "stop error 50" is only possible when a USB video device is unloaded. Guess what I don't have?