• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Thomas Kaira

• prettyfly

So, waiting for the train today I had a thought, namely:"What would happen if you sneezed half way through a Dragon shout?"Everybody has a cold here.

Also, heads up beta patch users. They goofed again and didn't attach the Steam dependency. Grab it while its hot.

Heh. Todd's going around to interviews claiming that, based on internal and external data, Skyrim is their 'most solid release yet' (stability wise), including on PS3, the PS3 save game file issue has been largely fixed and it mostly wasn't to do save game files at all.I'll resist the temptation to call him a liar.

Honestly, I think at this point it's safe to say Todd is too far removed from the process to know what he's talking about. Plus he's still got the whole kid in a candy store outlook on things at Bethesda.

Honestly' date=' I think at this point it's safe to say Todd is too far removed from the process to know what he's talking about. Plus he's still got the whole kid in a candy store outlook on things at Bethesda.[/quote']Well, all things are relative, and I understand Skyrim is very stable and not the resource hog Oblivion was so.... maybe he's right?But, as game director isn't he basically the George Lucas of Computer games, like Chris Roberts before him?

For PC, yes, he'd be absolutely correct. For PS3? Well, not so much. Those guys are still all over them to fix shit that's STILL broken in 1.4.

For PC' date=' yes, he'd be absolutely correct. For PS3? Well, not so much. Those guys are still all over them to fix shit that's STILL broken in 1.4.[/quote']what's a PS3 again? Is that the thing you play Zelga on?but seriously, consoles suck - they never get properly patched.

I've just fallen in love with Papyrus's array variables feature. :lol: Now, on the topic of Todd interviews...

Game Informer: As far as sales goes, Skyrim is the best-selling game in Bethesda history. Is there something about the game from a design standpoint that made it more popular and mainstream? The Elder Scrolls series has been typically thought of as very hardcore RPGs.Todd Howard: The short answer is "I don’t know." I can give you my guess, which is people underestimate how many core gamers there are; people who want a lot of depth and will play a game for a long time. There are a lot of them. If you give them something unique and good, you don’t have to dumb it down.There are things we changed to make the game better, but not to appeal to a wider audience. I think we always benefited in Elder Scrolls early on, the fact that it is first-person and kind of walks this action line sometimes. We’ve always benefited from that. Even our own lofty expectations for how the game would be received or sell, it’s way, way beyond that.I don’t have a way of explaining it.
What is this guy smoking?

Fair warning: adding scripts to ingredients is dangerous and runs the possibility of causing the game to CTD on startup.Someone already reported Deathbells acting like this, and I just got the same results with Snowberries, so I'm just going to go all out and carpet-ban them for my modding.

Ok, word of warning: DO NOT use the File->Details screen to remove a navmesh you edited by accident. You'll corrupt the mod.

I've just fallen in love with Papyrus's array variables feature. :lol:

Now' date=' on the topic of Todd interviews...

Game Informer: As far as sales goes, Skyrim is the best-selling game in Bethesda history. Is there something about the game from a design standpoint that made it more popular and mainstream? The Elder Scrolls series has been typically thought of as very hardcore RPGs.

Todd Howard: The short answer is "I don’t know." I can give you my guess, which is people underestimate how many core gamers there are; people who want a lot of depth and will play a game for a long time. There are a lot of them. If you give them something unique and good, you don’t have to dumb it down.

There are things we changed to make the game better, but not to appeal to a wider audience. I think we always benefited in Elder Scrolls early on, the fact that it is first-person and kind of walks this action line sometimes. We’ve always benefited from that. Even our own lofty expectations for how the game would be received or sell, it’s way, way beyond that.

I don’t have a way of explaining it.

What is this guy smoking?

He's "The Todd", he's not sane - he's a genius!Anyway, TES has been on a down curve since Daggerfall, I know that and I didn't even play Daggerfall!

Papyrus has no functions for changing item values. :sad: And I really can't be bothered to go about manually changing object values for HUNDREDS of pieces of armor, either. That is a bit overboard in terms of mindless clicking for me.If I could change item values via script, I'd just dump them all in a form list and tell the game to multiply the value of everything in that form list by something, but since I can't do that...*glances hopefully at SKSE*

Also' date=' heads up beta patch users. They goofed again and didn't attach the Steam dependency. Grab it while its hot.[/quote']And this window of opportunity is now closed as of 1.4.27.

Another example of just how wonderful this community can be -- Prateem went through my free form play thread, pulled together all the links I have posted, and formatted them into a list that I could put in my OP.The format is set up so that it is really easy to add to the list too. That really made my whole day a lot better yesterday.

ShadeMe to the rescue!As expected, the large worldspace collision bug was NOT an issue with the Havok engine itself, but rather Bethesda's implementation of the newer model bhkCharacterRigidBody being flawed.Workaround is to turn it off using the INI tweak he gave, but that might have side effects, and until a real large world mod arrives, is not really needed.

Oh God. Windhelm is Cheydinhal all over again. :headbang: