Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

Arthmoor

Pretty much all of Vvardenfell is gone, after Red Mountain blew itself to pieces. The remainder of the mainland got conquered by my brothers in arms as revenge for centuries of slavery at the hands of their foul masters. Filthy Dark Elves.As I understand it, most of the Dunmer have fled Morrowind to Solstheim so there could be some extra cool racial stuff to cash in on since the Nords won't like them being there. That's the reason I'm getting an odd feeling Solstheim will end up resurrected as a DLC. It's not important to the main plot, but it's an opportunity for more content, and one I'd likely cave in and get since it would be relatively large.BTW, Infernal City took place 40 years after Oblivion, so Skyrim is 160 years after that. Or so the lore hounds tell me anyway.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Thomas Kaira

• prettyfly

Actually if you guys want to read something that is gut-wrenchingly funny, have a look at this article by Amadaun on ModCraft. She's done a super detailed review. Warning: if you liked the Infernal City, don't read it :grinning: Amadaun is my partner-in-crime for the Dark Brotherhood Chronicles (DBC).If Beth doesn't release a Dark Elf-infested Solstheim as a DLC, that sounds like a really cool mod. A lot of work, but that sounds like a cool idea. You keep this up Arthmoor and you're going to be modding Skyrim until TES VI comes out...

I never said I intended to pick up the slack if it isn't an official DLC. A large worldspace mod like that isn't really my thing, but I suppose if we had a team... but let's get ahold of the game first, yes?

Nah... Guessing what's coming is too much fun :lol:Besides, we wouldn't want to leave you with nothing to do... :grinning:

I find it quite hilarious that whenever someone doesn't like a feature being added to the game, they say we should be able to toggle it.How about a Toggle Dragons button that will completely ruin the game?How about a Toggle Argonians button added specifically to piss Samson off?And best of all, we just NEED a Toggle Game option. This way haters can quit while still being haters, and we can laugh at them for it.

I find it quite hilarious that whenever someone doesn't like a feature being added to the game' date=' they say we should be able to toggle it.

How about a Toggle Argonians button added specifically to piss Samson off?

[/quote']Or we can simply reduce their size to about 1/10th of normal, increase their speed to 200 and increase the pitch of their voices so they squeak when they talk. Then they'd go zipping around just like the little ones do in RL. :grinning:

Scoff while you can, skinbags. We'll make sure you pay for it one day.

Poor lizards, they just don't get any respect :rofl:Actually your "skinbags" reminds me of that Star Trek episode: "Ugly bags of mostly water" :lol:

Unless you're in Northern Australia, because they tend to be chewing on your leg (or dragging you underwater, waiting for you to drown and eating you whole).

You Aussies! I'm not talking about Gila monsters or Komodo dragons! Try Geckos (love their insurance commercials!) or the little ones that can run on water (sorry, don't remember what they're called).

We've got plenty of really awesome gecko's here too, though they tend to hide out in the desert where no body can see them :sad:

Anyone complaining about draw distance for the PC based on an E3 demo that was clearly shot on a shitty console needs their head examined.

I really enjoyed reading "How many and which mods does Todd use?" (as if) and "Sequel to Lusty Argonian Maiden?"

Anyone complaining about draw distance for the PC based on an E3 demo that was clearly shot on a shitty console needs their head examined.
There are several people in that thread who need their head examined. And not because of any sort of user opinions' date=' but for being genuinely thicker and denser than a radiation shield. [img']http://www.darkcreations.org/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/whistle.gif[/img]

IMO, both options are perfectly realistic. It is possible you're a scavenger-hero that wears whatever armor you happen to have. Hence you could be wearing leather boots, mithric greaves,ebony curiass, and plastic hockey helmet. On the other hand, if you're the Champion of the Imperial Dragon, when your wearing your Greatest-hero-in-the-world suit, chances are you're either wearing it or not. Make that one thing.I thought people were crying the cut spears-because they cut spears in Oblivion. Not that I care, I never once used a spear in Morrowind. I got a few as rewards; but I'm like "uh, thanks for the stick": and off to the tower to put it as something to hold the tendrils up.

Well this is an interesting tidbit, if true: http://www.videogamer.com/news/xbox_720_likely_at_e3_2012_crytek_on_board_2.htmlIf it is, it means Microsoft's dream of a 10 year timeline just blew up in their face. Thank God, because I'm sick and tired of how the Xbox 360 has held back gaming quality on the PC all these years.

Good thing I'm getting a DX-11 compatible GPU in soon.After that, I'll need to upgrade the OS to Win 7 and I should be set. It'll have to be the 32bit version, but all I really need to do to max out my current machine besides the new GPU is ditch XP.After that, though, this PC will have peaked. I do not forsee any possible benefits I can get from this system after I do those two upgrades.

I fail to understand why you'd not want to upgrade to a 64 bit Windows.

because if you *have* a 32-bit OS, you can only *upgrade* to a 32 bit OS; unless you want to reformat everything,lose all you're programs, AND pay for the full OEM version of th 64-bit OS. Plus, if you don't have the RAM/CPU to NEED 64 bit...

Sounds like good reason to upgrade the CPU then :PAlso, OEM copies of Windows can be had cheap, often for the same or lower price than those rip-off upgrade versions.

I wouldn't call them "rip-off", there are advantages and disadvantages to both versions.The upgrade versions are just that-UPGRADE versions, intended for systems that may have seen more than an hours use, therefore more likely to have drivers for legacy components. The full version, however, is more likely designed the latest and best and possibly be ready for whatever was "on the horizon" when it was made.But actually, it's a better reason to buy more RAM.On the system I have now, in order to get any benefit, I have to upgrade the RAM, the CPU, the hard-drive, AND the OS to 64-bit. It's literally I have all of the first three the fourth can handle; and it's a waste to upgrade the fourth without upgrading the first three. So, basically, when I'm ready, I'm going to save myself 80% and just buy another system.

Re-> grass; apparently those retards don't get that Skyrim has a whole bunch of features that RDR (including a fuckload more VWD shit) doesn't have which drain a consoles resources and as a result it isn't going to be able to RDR scale grass draw distances. They also don't seem to realize that Crysis had a whole bunch of stuff that popped in in front of your eyes as well. Fucktards. angry.png At least they seemed to beat down the most stupid/vicious trolls though.And Xbox 720-> yay! Looks like we may all be playing games that give our systems a decent work out in a couple of years!

I'd think there'd be something more worth while to worry about than the grass. Then again, someone recently asked how many trees there are in Cyrodiil, so one never knows.X-box 720 will still be a console. Which in itself is neither good nor bad, but it still isn't a PC, so we'll still be able to do things people that use it can't.It looks like they took a lot of concepts from OOO and incorporated them into skyrim.