• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Thomas Kaira

• prettyfly

Ah, I was hoping for a playable demo, but I suppose even just in-game shots incorporated into a trailer is an improvement over what we had already. Alas, I'll have to wait for tonight to check it out most likely. :shrug:Actually, even in early alpha they could put together a video that uses scenes from in-game play, but if they're releasing these as part of a trailer they're probably either nearly done with a closed beta or determined that the bits they're showing won't change regardless. (But it would have to be at least in early alpha to do a demo of in-game play.)I think QSFP only supports individual youtube videos, not full youtube channels. :shrug:

I'll watch the thing just as soon as it cooperates. Whatever video plugin system they're using doesn't buffer. People, this is 2011, who the hell doesn't buffer video downloads? Or have they convinced themselves we all have 50Mb fiber lines in our homes? I haven't had to resort to manually downloading something like this in ages, but suddenly in the last couple of weeks it's becoming a rampant problem.

So, wait, even without ISP enforced download issues and at roughly double my bandwidth on my best days you're having trouble watching this thing?? :stare:How big of a download are we talking about? :(

I had to stop trying, someone over at Bethesda needs a lesson in video buffering. I got about 15 seconds worth before giving up and telling it to start downloading a copy in wmv format. Which is taking FOREVER to download.Hana, some of us are not blessed with uber-speed internet. Patience.

So... that took way longer than it needed to, but I guess the benefit is that I can watch it over and over as many times as I like now :PThis is easily one of the best game trailers I've ever seen.Poked into the Skyrim forum and they've already got developer confirmation that everything you see from the game in the trailer is in-game video from the Xbox 360. Now that doesn't tell me PC users get even better stuff, but judging from the quality of everything in the video, it's way beyond Oblivion. Light years even.The dragon fight is also said to be entirely dynamic - no scripted control of that.I'm also nearly convinced the cities will be open, because there's enough shots of city life in the video to conclude that closed cell cities just wouldn't work.

I can't stop watching it. >.Download here. (Don't click on the first download link, go down to the second)You get a way better idea of what's going on in them. Plus, make your own wallpaper, lol.

Did you notice how the rocks turned from normal icy rocks to glowing orange when the dragon tried to crisp poor Dovahkiin? If that kind of thing is normal that's just plain awesome.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/the_elder_scrolls_v_skyrim/b/xbox360/archive/2011/01/24/skyrim-building-better-combat.aspxThere's your answer Arthmoor.AWSOME!One thing that seems to have been missed by commentators, thus far the team has said you can hanything in either hand, ergo Skyrim may be the first game to incorporate fellhandedness on the fly.Also, Todd Howard has hinted we may be able to combine spell effects on the fly.

Video was slow the first time, even for me. Seems to be doing better now. HD WMV version seems to be about 127 megs.This is definitely one of the most epic trailers I've ever seen, not that I've seen many. Better than most movie trailers.0:11 - That's some wicked fog. If all the weather looks like that, I don't even know how I'll be able to play from squeeing too much.0:16 - It took somebody a fucking long ass time to model that thing.0:18 - If that's the for real running animation, sweet. Call of Duty got there 4 years ago, but good to see we're getting Bethesda up into some good animations.Also, I don't know what they did, but those trees look GREAT. Also the shadows.0:36 - I see how we got here from Fallout. You can see the familial resemblance, especially in the rocks. However, Bethesda's command of lighting is insanely better than it used to be, and see also the forest shots there.0:51 - I am totally digging the clothing/armor/weapon styles here, more than I did Oblivion.0:56 - Somebody went to texturing school, too. That dragon is well done.Also the, you know, epic fire.1:05 - Yeah, the burning rocks are pretty badass.1:07 - See previous texturing comments.1:12 - Our Shivering Isles influences are showing. Also, texture tiling in the top right. Heh.1:14 - Pretty lush Oblivion-style forest. As I was saying about the lighting.1:16 - The shots of cities we're getting are pretty close up, so it's hard to tell if they're really open, but it wouldn't surprise me.1:18 - How that one isn't, I have no idea, however.1:20 - I'm not sure how I'm so glad to see a windmill, but...windmills! Cool!1:25 - That is some fucking epic water right there. I want that water.1:28 - Yeah, really digging the realistic medieval feeling here. Also, watermill!1:29 - Check that lighting out. Notice the bright/dim spots. That's fantastic.[whole next section] - Yeah, WAY better animation than previous, although Fallout was pretty good.1:47 - Oh look, somebody at Bethesda liked Faregyl.1:53 - The dragon crashing rock spray thing is sweet.1:58 - Spell graphics really DID get an upgrade.

The shadows I noticed almost immediately, they really stand out whether it's the trees or the dragon overhead, or the NPC's casting shadows on the ground.Did you notice at approx 0:36, he's kicking up snow as he's running? Freaking awesome.And yeah, the water, the ground/rocks on fire, the rock spray, the mist off the water, smoke around the cities.....fantastic. Also impressed with the particle system, the flaming ashes coming up off the fires.

Haha, yeah took me a while to notice that. Like a buried statue or something ... very planet of the apes-ish. :lol:

Hmm. Someone said there's nirnroots, but I didn't see any and I've gone back over the thing 3 times now and don't see them.

Ah, nice. Wonder if there's going to be a big quest to gather them again or if they're just plants now. :P

Hope so. I love never ending tasks. Although I must say, I don't think I ever drank an Elixer of Exploration, lol.Plus, they look a helluva lot better now.

I do hope there's an option to turn off the awful depth of field blur stuff. I hate that.

I'd still rather not have to deal with it. It looks ugly. I don't get the fascination with it myself.

I'd still rather not have to deal with it. It looks ugly. I don't get the fascination with it myself.
Realism. At a certain distance, the human eye starts to stop focusing and things get blurry, in reality, it's a mechanism to prevent overload of the neural pathways that are linked to the eyes. In games, well, it's a realism thing. It also helps alleviate strain on lesser systems.

Ok, sounds absolutely freaking huge as well as must have, so I'm setting up a download manager to grab it for me tonight while I sleep since my wife wants us up early tomorrow so I can't stay up to download it myself tonight.