What the hell?

Hana

I'm inclined to agree with Dwip, that's bad. Very bad. Possibly corruption of Oblivion.esm bad.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Conner

• Arthmoor

• Hana

• Dwip

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are freaking me out. The game still works so I don't see how?Although I did have some viruses earlier, and a BSOD that went into chkdsk that found some corrupted files, but not on my main HD. I suppose I should do a full check. :cry:

Yes, you should, and hopefully you've got some kind of Data folder backup somewhere. Restoring Oblivion.esm wouldn't be that huge of an issue would it?

I really thought zlib stream was pretty much always a big deal. :(I would agree with Samson, run the full check to be safe, but try just reinstalling oblivion.esm before you do the full reinstall.

Couple of hours and a full system chkdsk later (why oh why did I get a 1TB drive? :rolleyes: ) the CS opens with nary an error to be seen.Don't know if the disk was cleaned of anything or if it was just a simple reboot that helped but I'm happy.

• 2 weeks later...
So in theory' date=' re: crazy ass post count titles, we now have Ashlander ranks instead of the puddle thing. Assuming I did everything right. Because I have admin rights and I can.[edit'] Which I did, but for some reason all the titles on previous posts went screwy. Oh well.
Ok, so now that you and I have been Initiates forever and Hana's made that rank too... as I approach my 500th post, I'm starting to wonder when I will finally reach the next rank already.. whistle.gif

What can I say? I got impatient just a hair too soon.. :lol: :redface:Oh man, I'm sooo glad I don't follow Nexus forums regularly.. :headbang:

Yeah, I read about the interstitials. Even the premium users who pay to keep that shit off their screens had to endure them for awhile. Me, I'll continue to give love and affection to AdBlock Plus and hope it keeps the evil commercials at bay.I'll lay odds it won't be long before the ads move to full blown pop-ups and pop-unders. Methinks Dark0ne has tasted profitable ad revenue and hungers for more.

Sounds likely enough. As distasteful as the ads are to those visiting the site, especially among the regulars who are there daily or more, I can't really fault a man for wanting to take advantage of the popularity of his site to make some proceeds off it. On the other hand, you'd expect that the folks paying for membership ought to be exempted from interstitials.

We are.
Exempted from them? That's good' date=' but it doesn't mesh so well with what Samson had said:
Even the premium users who pay to keep that shit off their screens had to endure them for awhile.

So how's this for a "what the hell". In a good way, and in the sense of "why didn't we know this".So you know how sometimes if you make a dialogue response and it ends up placed wrong and you want to move it? You know how we all thought that wasn't possible except to make a new entry, copy the contents, and delete the old one?Turns out all you have to do is highlight the one you want to move, then use the left-arrow or right-arrow keys to move it up/down in the list. Jesus Christ why didn't we know about this before?

My first response to that? FUCKING MOTHERFUCKER FUCK ARGH.I totally could have used that a few hundred times for AFK_Weye.

Yes. Feldscar anyone? Also Faregyl? In fact, nearly every dialogue adding mod I've done I've had need to do this.

Key word: had. He "fixed" the "bug" it when they started to complain.
I suppose one has to credit him for "fixing" it once they started to complain at least. whistle.gif
Which is why it would be nice to have an instruction manual or a tutorial to go with the CS. :grinning:
No doubt :headbang: :lol:

*beats Wrye Mash with a stick*For future reference, if one is attempting to install Mash, and if one has a properly working Bash setup with Python 2.6, what one needs to do is copy the Wrye Mash for Python 2.5 shortcut, rename it for 2.6, change the directories of Morrowind and/or Python, then run that shortcut AS ADMINISTRATOR. Then Mash will run. You need only do this once. May not apply to setups with UAC disabled. Who knows.One feels that there are perhaps better ways to roll with installers than the way Mash/Bash roll with theirs. Ah well.