What the hell?

Hana

Heh, yep, that was it Conner :PNew question. I created a new Wrye Bash Save Profile and started a new character to add to it. I've removed a few mods from that profile. Do I need to create a new, separate bashed patch specific for that profile? I'm thinking yes, cuz I noticed it's the same BP on the default and the new profile and I'm worried I've just removed things the default profile will need. Btw, Cliffworms New Beginnings Alt start mod is pretty cool (until someone, and I'm not naming names, makes his.) :)

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Conner

• Arthmoor

• Hana

• Dwip

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, make a new bashed patch for that profile. You should do that regardless if you're using a different set of mods for a new game because a patch for a previous set won't be tailored for it.The hard part comes from trying to also tailor things like the DistantLOD folder. You'd probably need to look through that tesmanager thing that's out. Something I still need to do as well if I ever decide to pop Nehrim in.

Hmm, maybe I'll have to take a look at Cliffworm's and see how it compares to the one I've been using.testmanager? I've heard of a test administrator and a test coordinator, but not a testmanager...

Oh crap, LOD shit. I did remove Castle Seaview so yeah, there's bound to be a ghost castle there now.I did consider going the mTES4 route, but it still confuses me somewhat on how to use BOSS and BASH with it. I know it's come a long way since it was first released so I guess I will read up more on it. I'll also point out that you, oh fearless leader, advised against it when I made a thread here asking about it. :P

Things change. People are raving about mTES4 now, so maybe it's matured enough to be safe. Or perhaps they've all been fooled and their games are set to explode any minute :)

Ok, for those of us trying to follow along from the sidelines who aren't intimately familiar with every mod and tool in existence for Oblivion, what's mTES4?

Sorry Conner, it's this.My main reason for wanting 'another version' of my Ob install is for the release of Deadly Reflex 6, which sounds like an awesome combat mod, and I don't want to mess up my existing install.I think I have the questions of BOSS and BASH and OBSE etc figured out. One has to install those tools on each copy they make with mTES4. Which sounds like a hell of a lot more freedom than a BASH profile, especially for a Nehrim install copy. Any of you Fallout fans might want to try it too.

Ok, I do remember discussing that one with you guys awhile back now. Thanks for the link, Hana. :)In case anyone else is reading along, (now or in the future) who also isn't familiar with mTES4 and they don't feel like following the link, the basic gist is that it's a manager for your Oblivion (and Fallout 3) games so you can run multiple copies of the game (not at the same time, as far as I know) with each configured as differently as you want. So if you installed Nehrim to one copy and a vanilla install of Oblivion to a second, and a heavily modded Oblivion to a third, and so on. Ideally suited for modders but could have value to those who want to play Nehrim without losing Oblivion as they've spent much time setting up mods to their happiness too.Ok, a little confusion on that Deadly Reflexes 6 mod, I tried to read the thread you linked and I'm guessing its basically a mod to let you fight while mounted, have I missed something or is that all it is? (Not to minimize the usefulness of such an addition, but..)So, you install mTES4 then install BOSS, BASH, and OBSE to each copy of Oblivion/Fallout you're now running?

That's the basic jist, yes. For players it has far more value for Nehrim being installed while wanting to keep Oblivion untouched as well.I don't even make use of save profiles since all my chars use all the same mods regardless of whether or not they actually play through them. More out of laziness I guess than anything else, but I can't see making totally separate game installs for each char.For mod testing I just keep some bash load lists handy since you don't need a fully separate game install to handle that unless you REALLY need to test it using vanilla everything. 99% of the time you don't have to worry about OBSE and your masses of texture replacements, just the plugins being loaded.

So, you install mTES4 then install BOSS, BASH, and OBSE to each copy of Oblivion/Fallout you're now running?
From what I'm reading, yes. Although I don't see why BOSS and OBSE can't be installed once and work for every cloned instance, as they seem generic enough and not specific to ones load orders. I'll be asking for more info on that.I'm more wanting to try this for 1. Nehrim, 2. trimmed down load orders for beta testing stuff, where I don't need the 50 armor mods I have, and 3. trying some of these large overhaul mods, like yes, DR6 (which I consider a combat overhaul). Hey, I might even give TIE a try :)BASH profiles would work for 2 + 3, but requires juggling multiple bashed patches. It just sounds so much simpler to manage a full install. And I'd rather not jump through hoops to try Nehrim.My only apprehension at this point is having to start with a clean install.That Deadly Reflex link doesn't really explain it well. The mod is this close to release apparently, so that thread is mostly "can't wait!".It does have mounted combat, which is just cool in and of itself, but so much more. Kicking, bashing, slitting throats, impaling plus all the cool, gory animations to go along with it just to name a few. The release will definitely explain it all better.

BOSS and OBSE both need to be in the folder above Data, but since mTES4 is managing full installs, you need to have BOSS and OBSE present in them or they won't function for those installs.mTES4 does provide one critical advantage to a player - having too many plugins in the primary Data folder. If you go past the hard barrier of 400 ESM+ESP+BSA files, the game turns to brittle steel and shatters at the first bump. Splitting up the installs for games with lots of mods will remove that problem while allowing each install to be crammed full of mods if they want.I could care less about DR though - I have no need to see heads chopped off, blood squirting everywhere, brains exploding into bits on the screen - yuck. It adds nothing to the game IMO. It reeks of gratuitous gore.

I could care less about DR though - I have no need to see heads chopped off' date=' blood squirting everywhere, brains exploding into bits on the screen - yuck. It adds nothing to the game IMO. It reeks of gratuitous gore.[/quote']Yep, yep. Yummy. :lol:(Ok, yes, this is why I don't want it in my main game, but want to 'play' with it.)

So, yes, OBSE, BOSS, and BASH each need to be reinstalled for each copy of the game you're runnng under mTES4. Sounds like a oain, but I can see the benefit if you're beta testing, running rediculous numbers of mods, running huge major mods like Nehrim, etc.Ok, in that case, I'm with Samson and not at all interested in DR6. While I don't object to gore in games, I also don't generally add mods just to get it. I can definitely see being able to attack while mounted as a boon, but the rest doesn't sound worth it to me.

So in theory, re: crazy ass post count titles, we now have Ashlander ranks instead of the puddle thing. Assuming I did everything right. Because I have admin rights and I can.[edit] Which I did, but for some reason all the titles on previous posts went screwy. Oh well.

Yes. Because QSFP is like that. The unexpected lurks around every bend. Seriously, if I had the money to spend on it, I'd just go get a couple of Invision licenses and call it a day. Everything we'd probably ever want in a forum/files package, without the hassles of stupid quirks that date back to the MercuryBoard days.

lol, did you purposely make Conner lose his title?Note to self: Stop being lazy and add an avatar already.

Yes, Brother Hana, you need an avatar already. :PNo, I just hadn't posted yet when you last looked so QSFP hadn't decided which post count rank to give me, presumably.Samson, don't be so hard on QSFP, for free software basically hand built from a flawed base, you've done a great job with it and it mostly works just fine.

Ok, so something nasty is broken with Elsweyr and I can't figure out what. Any attempt to approach it from any direction is met with an instant CTD. Any attempt to fast travel in to any of the map markers on the inside of the province is an instant CTD.Normally this stuff is dirt simple to track down, but nothing makes sense. I thought it was a problem with the VWD meshes, so I uninstalled all of the ones I made, and repacked Iliana's BSA with none of hers in it either. Reran tes4lodgen. Exploded. Deleted every file in the DistantLOD folder. That seems to allow entry into the province, but it looks like ass with no distant objects anywhere in the game.So yeah. I guess it's time to dig up my backup copies from the USB drive and see if this was introduced with her last update or if it's just plain broken. I'd hate for it to be just plain broken because I rather like it as a foot travel shortcut from Leyawiin over to Anvil and/or Skingrad.Maybe it's got nothing to do with Elsweyr at all though, there have been a rash of bugs with OBSE and Wrye Bash lately and perhaps it's finally caught up to me. I guess I'll find out soon enough, but I had to vent slightly first.FYI - that's also what's holding up your Harry Potter review, in case you lot were wondering :)

Hopefully it's not a problem with her repackaging, she'll flip.I haven't installed this yet so can't confirm CTD's.(Patiently waiting for HP review)

Hope she's been practicing her flips then, cause after restoring the backup copy, all is well. Something in either her repacks or my repack of her repack broke something. Stupid me though, deleted the original archives, so having to grab those again from Nexus.

Looks like her repack is fine, don't know how but I managed to fubar it all by myself when I repacked her 3 BSAs into one single like I had before.

Well no clue WTF happened because I repacked everything into a single BSA again and now it's happy as can be with itself. I swear this game has it in for all of us.