• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Conner

• Arthmoor

• Hana

• Dwip

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the deeper implication is that the card may be failing. That's not really something I wanted to hear right now.

Yes. My "brand new" card.Could be a virus though - MSSE is claiming to have detected something during its scan which is not yet complete.

Also, not to be that guy, but painful experience suggests a run through the memory test to be profitable. God knows I was getting the Nvidia version of that error all the damn time because of it.Also, I am sick and damn tired of my building's shitty power. Argh.

Your building has shitty power? Forgive me for being that guy but son, you need a UPS with power conditioning (AVR). Bad power is death for computers. If I didn't have a small army of batteries backed up by a solid surge suppression device, I'd have been out of commission ages ago.Also, it's not memory, unless it suddenly went bad in the last couple of months - it was very thoroughly tested before the Win7 upgrade. Although I suppose there's the remote chance one of the added sticks is hosed.

Yeah, I have a very nice APC unit that treats me very well. Which unfortunately doesn't do much to solve the fact that I'm living in a 1920s building with shitty wiring.Learned the UPS lesson a long time ago.

Yeah, it's really not so much about that aspect of things so much as that I'm living in an apartment where my room and the kitchen are on the same damned 15 amp breaker. Which is its own special level of bad.

Oh, you mean like the entire east side of the house I live in being on the same 15A breaker? Trust me, I know what you're getting at, and that Brick Wall unit is the savior you're looking for.Also, fucking viruses. MSSE found a shitload of Java viruses that got in sometime last night. I have no idea where they came from, but it just deleted 12 different ones. I'm rather annoyed it didn't flag them BEFORE they got in.

Microsoft Security Essentials. Maybe not as good as the hype let on since it allowed free reign to several Java exploits, all in the trojan downloader class.Running Malwarebytes now to see if anything else got left behind.

That's odd. MSSE always catches things for me. Go figure, I guess.Also, I'm not entirely sure how the Brick Wall thing is supposed to save me. I may be dense. Also the 8 outlet one is $230. Ow.

Yeah, I know, MSSE has caught other stuff, including web-born junk. Not sure why it missed these unless it has no visibility on Java. I figured out where it came from though - Megaupload. I'd strongly advise avoiding that place if possible.$230 well spent. It helps by dealing with the kind of power issues you get from old buildings, or ones with shitty wiring. Not all power events are complete outages. There are spikes and sags to deal with too, and the Brick Wall intercepts the really bad ones that could otherwise wipe out your UPS. Suppression on a UPS isn't all that great.

Yes, well I'm raging anyway. The problem is that in the AV market, there are no good alternatives. Everything else is worse shit than MSSE. So I went with MSSE. It's free - which is a pretty big advantage over paying $80 for someone else's AV and THEN having to pay them a yearly subscription on top of that just to keep the definitions current.Honestly, as much as I rage against MS, I hope in this case they bury the assholes and destroy the AV industry. It'll serve those jackals right for charging outrageous fees to cure a problem they're probably generating anyway.

Before someone shits a brick and wonders why I went off the deep end and adopted a kid, it's not a kid. Veritas is making a rather sudden departure from the modding scene and I'm taking over keeping TIE alive and healthy.

While I managed to figure that out after some Bethsoft digging, I will admit to a "Wait, what?" moment.

Sorry to hear about the Virus problem, Samson... :(Damn, those are some seriously expensive ilne conditioners, though if I were to get one, I'd look into the $270 20A panel mount model myself, but, frankly, I'd much rather find a more reliable unit with some serious battery back-up capabilities, but my situation isn't poor wiring nor old wiring, just a need to deal with outages and the occassional dirty energy from the power company. :headbang:Nice, Samson, at least that sort of adoption doesn't involve dirty diapers. :lol:

Ok, back to business here :P Re; Open Cities.Found this interesting. Another view. This is Anvil old world space. I'm standing on the top balcony of Benirus Manor, which is half-buried in the ground.

Yes, and that would be expected results for being in the wrong worldspace while using OCR :)