• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Conner

• Arthmoor

• Hana

• Dwip

Top Posters In This Topic

So, speaking of CTD's, I've had one in a certain area for awhile now and I'm not sure how to go about troubleshooting it. It appears to be a large area.I head up the road toward The Drunken Dragon Inn, which is cell 31,-22 and CTD usually before it actually comes in sight.Now I'm on the opposite side and as soon as I enter cell 33,-23, I CTD. I really need to be in this particular cell for a quest. It's not the mods fault, as I said I've know about the CTD around here for awhile.Is there a way to pull up cell records in TES4Edit and compare what's all in that area?More info: Also includes Haunted Mine, cell 32,-21, but does not include Atatar.

I was thinking that, but this has been going on for months, back when I had KDQ I first noticed it. I rarely go in that area otherwise. Wouldn't a cell reset have fixed it already?

Well, since I wasn't in love with Lost Spires enough to go through all that, I simply removed it from my load order. And it worked, so it seems it was the cause.

You can't avoid not cleaning mods forever, and Lost Spires is one of those that's worth going through the process with. Some day you're going to run into one you can't live without and then you'll find out it's dirtier than a Giskard mod :P

While I think it's really good to know how to clean a dirty mod, I'm kinda with Hana on this one, I can't imagine a mod that I absolutely must have even if it means having to clean it up myself first. Honestly, if there are mods that are truly must-haves then someone in the community's bound to have cleaned it up already, ideally with permission of the author, but.. Ultimately, I could play the game without any mods and be pretty happy with the price I paid for it, so it's pretty unfathomable that there's going to be a mod I absolutely can't live without even if it means having to clean it myself.

That logic only gets you so far. Eventually if you intend to release mods of your own, you need to know how to take care of the crap the CS leaves behind. Honestly, it's about 5 minutes worth of effort. It's super easy once you do it a few times.Distributing cleaned copies of other peoples' work is a good way go get yourself banned from all of the major uploading sites.

Well, I suppose if I were trying to release mods of my own I would have to make sure I knew how to clean them since I certainly wouldn't want to be known for releasing dirty mods. Fortunately, I have no intention of releasing my own mods though.Hmm, fair point. You'd think there really ought to be a clearing house somewhere that would acknowledge that mods are often enough times dirty enough to need cleaning and thus save laymen effort by accepting cleaned mods as an upload site.

Dear LtPD version of AFK_ICTempleCleanup: Why are you suddenly causing crashes on load? I do not understand.

Usually due to bad references, but since neither mod has been changed recently you got me on that one.

You know, I don't even know which version I'm using :PI'll have to see if the ltpd one breaks on me if I can find what I did with the file.

Opened up the CS today, and after a couple of unexplained crashes during load while only loading oblivion.esm, I'm suddenly getting this error.CSerror.jpgWhich makes no sense to me. I loaded everything up in TES4Edit, went to that cell, nothing is changing that particular refID. There are other rocks in the general area that are yellow and also touched by the UOP, but not this one.Anything to worry about? Any way to make it go away for good?