• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Conner

• Arthmoor

• Hana

• Dwip

Top Posters In This Topic

lololJust scrolling through vanilla textures in bsa commander, and discovered a texture under arena called bigassrope.dds. :lol:There's no bigassrope.nif to go with it though.

Under the arena, eh? Why would they need a big ass rope texture under the arena? Or do you mean under the category of arena? (Still, why would they have needed a big ass rope texture in the arena setting either?) :blink:

This new permissions thing on Nexus is stirring up quite the controversy. Whatever happened to a sound understanding of copyright? IE: You have no rights if the author hasn't said you do?

I was wondering the same thing.And I think ninja took it way over the top by writing his own license.

What? Ninja wrote his own license?And yeah, I couldn't just ignore 5 pages of back and forth that eventually landed on "Use it with our blessing unless the author comes back and says otherwise".Yet, they're also going back and forth with all the various checkboxes and shit and implying that stolen mods will be smashed by the banhammer at the slightest hint of theft.Something doesn't add up here.

Oh, I guess you missed it buried in one of his threads - see page 3.I don't visit the Nexus forums so I've not seen this discussion, but what possessed them to even add this in the first place? If people are going to steal mods they really don't care what words are written on it or what checkboxes were checked.All I know is I'm getting tired of the spam on the updates page when authors add this to their pages.

I've seen that license on other mods before. I don't remember which ones, but I think that's semi-generic.Nexus is pushing their luck if they think this "it's ok until the author comes back and says no" policy is going to fly. It's patently disrespectful of both common decency AND the law.Yeah, I bet the update lists are largely useless right now as everyone scrambles to protect themselves from a non-issue that only became one when Nexus decided they wanted to be more like Pirate Bay than a normal mod host. Yes, I feel that strongly about how this is being handled.

So, it may just be me, but I'm not sure what you're arguing is entirely consistent with what actually seems to be in place. The set of default permissions on AFK_Weye, which I haven't yet done anything with, seems fairly reasonable to me.The issue of busywork to catch for idiot noobs aside, what's there doesn't strike me as particularly horrid.Of course, I've been alternating blinding headaches and fighting the zombie apocalypse all weekend, so what do I know?

Glad to hear that you got to enjoy Halloween, Dwip... hope the headaches have resolved themselves by now though.The screen shot Dwip's provided makes it look more straightforward than having to read the actual license for each mod, otherwise.. what's the issue? (aside from the silly notion that whatever can fly just fine until the given mod's author specifically speaks up to say otherwise.)

That's not where the issue is Dwip, you should read the thread that announced the feature. I realize it's got 15+ pages of huge tl;dr posts in it, but it really does sound like they're trying to trump copyright law.

Yeah. Who'dathunkit. Also, it seems the concerns of myself and others has been blissfully ignored by DarkOne. He's focusing his wrath on yelling at poor Holbrook even though the guy is 100% right that this policy is a total contradiction of how the site has operated for the last 9 years.

So, are you saying that basically they've changed site policy regarding copyrights of mod authors to something what's_his_name at The Guild (or whatever his UK site was called again) would've preferred?

Well, I was meaning along the lines of MudBytes and their "Hey, I changed one line of this Smaug code, it's now MINE and I erased everyone's credits" thingy that was going on there at one point. Probably still is.And hey Conner, you're a PUDDLE! :lol:

Condense it for the rabbit? I read about a page of that thread, and I'm really not getting it, here.