What the hell?

Hana

Hello, and welcome to another episode of Hana's Strange PC.Tonight's episode takes us to the lovely lakeside village of Weye. After a restful sleep in the local cozy Inn, Drey steps out into the fresh morning air. It's approximately 6:30am and the weather appears overcast with the morning fog not yet lifted. Local citizens and Imperial Guards are beginning to stir. Looking up to the partial sunrise she notices a rather rare oddity. Puzzled, thinking her mind is playing tricks on her sleepy brain, our heroine finds another view without obstructions.Even more perplexed she watches the powerful sunrise try to overtake the oddity that continues to move slowly across the sky.Finally our heroine moves, rubbing her tired eyes and shaking her head to wake up. The sun appears to have won the battle with the oddity so she turns to find trusty Shadowmere and begin her day. One last glance out over the beautiful lake view leaves her dazed and confused.Seriously, what the hell?Exiting to desktop and reloading that same save gives the same results. I'm thinking maybe All Natural?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Conner

• Arthmoor

• Hana

• Dwip

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks like a fault with the sun textures. Have you by chance tried to install a sunglare mod?If not, there is a known issue with AN that causes sky seams on texture sizes below large, but this doesn't look like that problem.

Not recently, no. I use, and have used for a long time, Beaming Sunglare.My texture sizes are large (well, pretty sure they are, this new GPU is awesome).

Well double check your sliders, and double check that the sunglare mod got installed right.That line between daylight and the darkness would be cooler if it were traveling in the opposite direction as the sunrise :P

Yes, textures = large. And I've seen awesome sunbeams before, so fairly confident it's installed right and it is installed before AN.Did a little test. Went in game 7 times. Made sure AN initialized before leaving the inn. Once outside, force-waited 3 hours (the approx. time line of when I watched it the first time).3 times came out of wait in a raging thunderstorm.2 times came out of wait in overcast weather.2 times came out of wait in blue sky/fluffy white clouds bright sunshine - with still a line like in the 4th pic above.Could it be some kind of weather transition thing? If not I'll re-install beaming sunglare.Edit: Oops, I was wrong, it's installed just after AN, along with Brumbek's sky textures. Where should it be?

Hello' date=' and welcome to another episode of Hana's Strange PC.[/quote']"As the platter turns", perhaps "Days of our drives", "The Windows & the Viral", or maybe even "Another Crash", or "All my GPUs"... or, perhaps most appropriate of all in this case, "Sunrise Oy-Vey" ;):lol: :ducking:.........................Great screenshots, Hana. It's that false dawn you always hear about in that first picture, right? And that last one was where the sea sits just past the town... perfect looking fishing village. ;) :chuckle:.........................Oh, nice one Samson, it's the infamous four-way split clouds. :lol:.........................rofl.gifinnocent.gifwhistle.gif

Conner, that was sooooo BAD :lol:(It is a pretty little spot for pictures though, especially now I can have water reflections on and not stutter to a crawl.)

But you know you loved it! ;)Water reflections were causing you to stutter to a crawl? I don't even have that problem on my laptop... of course, my laptop came with an Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT and that was actually part of why I bought this particular laptop, but.. innocent.gif

Nvidia GTX460.Hmm, not seeing anything relevant in that thread, except to remind me that Beaming Sunglare is only one texture, it's something else that's applying it to that particular sunrise at that particular time in that particular save. Also his issue doesn't appear to have been resolved or proven.I'm gonna try not to worry about it unless it happens again. Besides, with the new Weye esp I don't need that particular save any more. :)

I think I linked the wrong thread. Blah. Anyway, the basic point was that Decrepit and a couple of other people have reported seeing sunglare shining through buildings, and even through the underside of the landscape. They're all using recent nVidia GTX 400 series cards - like you.All is not well in ATI land though, I have an unresolvable screen tear issue in mine. The kind of thing vsync is supposed to fix, but doesn't. Thanks ATI, your Catalyst drivers still seem to suck, but not as bad as nVidia's mess :P

:chuckle: Well, if every video card manufacturer has some sort of glitches to deal with, no one can say they're all the same. ;)

It was the right thread, just seemed to me they were more blaming Beaming sunglare than the hardware, which they only mentioned once.We can let this thread die now but I'm sure there will be more episodes of As Hana's PC Turns. :)

OH.I may have discovered what this is. Apparently when I upgraded Weye I didn't re-BOSS or rebuild my patch (don't ask me why, I swear I did).I just installed something else and Bash immediately told me that Storms & Sounds was missing AFK_Weye as a master. It was a storm after all. Haven't verified yet though.

General related issue; Samson, I think you might have meant this Sunglare through walls thread when you pointed that out earlier. In there they talk about various Nvidia GTX 400 series cards.And sunglare through walls, and land!, is something I'm just starting to discover. Kinda annoying but seems to be no clear resolution that anyone's discovered yet.Yes Conner, I've shown them who's BOSS ;)

Yeah, that's the thread I meant. Strange problem, obviously I can't help but laugh at nVidia screwing up big time yet again.

The Gods are ever so cruel.Why am I looking at that you might ask? Well, because shortly after firing up the PC this morning, I returned to my room to find a BSOD staring me in the face, the stop code for which led me to that post. I don't like what it's implying :/