[WIPz:Oblivion] AFK_Mausoleum

Dwip

Oh, sorry. I lost all my bookmarks again in the most recent change of HD last week so haven't been rabbit blog-reading for a bit. Will be sure to do that.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dwip

• Hana

• Arthmoor

• Conner

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not, shall we say, the best possible reason.And I'm aware that my attempts to impose order are probably in vain, but oh well. :P

Why didn't you say something about having lost your bookmarks? Between us we probably could've supplied you with all sorts of help in trying to rebuild much of the list... Still, given that there's a link to Dwip's blog from the sidebar of Samson's blog, I'm not certain that's an excuse for failing to join us in our rabbit watching forays. ;)A+ for effort, Dwip. :P

• 2 months later...

Probably shouldn't have let this sit for so long.For my own reference, here's what's left to do:- Add exterior edits to 15,12 (near Fort Magia/Wellspring Cave/Memorial Cave)- Various esp finish work- Chandeliers (should be a straight chop up of the ICPalace ones, but...)- UV/texturing/collision for funerary jars- Sarcophagus placement- Sarcophagus plaque text- Missing top corners in the middle part of of the middle level- Exporting the wrong texture on the trim/floor of the middle entryway- Coffered ceilings will almost certainly need to be given middle cutouts, which is going to suck all the time forever.- Collision. Jesus.- There's a problem with the texture I'm using for the main walls in that it doesn't tile well at all. I'm not sure what to do about this. Simple bronze trim perhaps? Trying to find a new texture will probably fail.Hanaisse m'dear. Still willing to do stuff for this? Best I can figure, the following textures are still a going concern:- 2x2 red tile with bronze grouting- 2x2 white tile with bronze grouting- Main sarcophagus texture- Bunches and bunches of sarcophagus plaques which I need to generate the text forOf which the sarcophagus texture most clearly screams to everyone "PAIN! PAIN! DEATH!" and the like.I'd need to send you back the gigantor set of texture files you sent me, yes?

Absolutely. And probably better this time, heh.Yeah, I'll need the textures, and apparently the blend file you previously sent.

Blend fileTexturesWoot.Also, I don't suppose you remember how you made the coffers texture and would be willing to try making one with a square inset. The rectangular one turns out to look off.

Got em. I *think* I remember. Might need the original to tweak my brain and/or copy from.

It is not there. Getting a 404 error. Unless your server is just down right now.

No, he just linked you the wrong domain is all. Use dementedrabbits.net instead.

And since this is a new page and it's not a new page until there's WIP pictures, here are a few from the first rough landscaping pass:AFKMausoleumExteriorWIP01.jpgAFKMausoleumExteriorWIP02.jpgAFKMausoleumExteriorWIP03.jpgYou can't really see it, but the farmhouse is right next to the All Things Alchemical ruins. Actually fits together pretty well, and you almost can't even tell because of the efficient tree screen.For the most part the rough pass seems to have done ok, but I may or may not want to raise the land a bit towards the rear. Makes the first shot look kind of funny. The farmhouse, which will eventually be a seperate hostel for pilgrims, I think turned out ok. Turns out I fucked up the exterior stairs some, so I'll need to figure out a way to redo those. I'm also not wildly enamored of that front enterance. Maybe not ornate enough, but I'm not really sure how to fix it, so it may just stay as is.There's a large flat area over to the right side (see also first pic), and I'm thinking of attempting to fit a tree circle with benches in there. May also stick another grove of trees and rocks over there. Blocks the view, but I want that peaceful cemetary feel to things, so might work out.

Looking good, nice to see the project moving forward again :)One of these days we should get off our asses and do something with the Courtiers mod that generated this whole site to begin with :P

Yeah.... I have to go back into nifscope to recreate some retextured caves that I accidentally deleted. Ugh.Maybe I'll do it this week, I'm pretty slick with nifscope these days, so it shouldn't take anywhere near as long as the first time. Then I'll finish that tomb.I'd rather finish Pelinal Abbey though, I have a desire to release at least one mod before Skyrim, and this one is actually close to complete.

This was going to be interior in-game shots, but I need to do more lighting work first, so instead:AFKMausoleumExteriorWIP04.jpgNote the added Tiber Septim wayshrine thing. I also did a bunch of pathgrid edits (woo), and added some trees and things. You can now also walk through the doors and fall directly through the floor due to lack of collision.

*clap clap clap*How long did you wait till the sun was just in the right spot? lol

Like everything else, I walked out and said "Oh, sunset!", threw on tcl, and took the pic. NBD. Game makes it too easy. :P

All I can say is holy cow that's awesome. Also, I shed a tear seeing my flag in the background :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just because I don't feel like trawling through 15 pages, what cell or cells is this going in again?

This was going to be interior in-game shots' date=' but I need to do more lighting work first, so instead:

[img']http://dementedrabbits.net/images/oblivion/AFKMausoleumExteriorWIP04.jpg[/img]

Note the added Tiber Septim wayshrine thing. I also did a bunch of pathgrid edits (woo), and added some trees and things. You can now also walk through the doors and fall directly through the floor due to lack of collision.

Oooooh.Require the ability to Dungeon crawl immidiately!

15,11 / 16,11 near the All Things Alchemical ruins. Probably some pathgrid bleedover.

For which we have striven these many months. Rough sketch sort of thing, many details left to be dealt with.AFKMausoleumInteriorWIP14.jpgAFKMausoleumInteriorWIP15.jpgAFKMausoleumInteriorWIP16.jpgAFKMausoleumInteriorWIP17.jpgAFKMausoleumInteriorWIP18.jpgAFKMausoleumInteriorWIP19.jpg