[WIPz:Oblivion] AFK_Mausoleum

Dwip

I should like the coffer version quite a bit if it had more vertical spacing between the tiles.Well, I like it quite a bit now, but you know.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dwip

• Hana

• Arthmoor

• Conner

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, as an afterthought I wondered to myself why I didn't add more vertical spacing there. But I wasn't going to point it out. Figures you'd call me on it. :PWill rework it a bit.

I agree that the coffer version looks cooler while the red diamonds look more complete.. if that's the right term. On the other hand, honestly, the red diamond version looks more like linoleum or wallpaper than marble inlay to me, but we all know I have no real art appreciation anyway. ;)

Huh' date=' so it is. Neat.[/quote']Your 500th post? Well, it was.. ;)A recessed feel? I thought so, and I think it's kind of neat looking that way too. :)

For everyone's entertainment, here's the WIP shot for the past couple of days.AFKMausoleumInteriorWIP06.jpgThat's the topmost chamber, showing the lower ceiling. The empty area at top will one day house Hanaisse's recessed tiles. I'm also starting to block out stuff for the lower chambers. May try my hand at doing a bunch of barrel vaults, but we'll see. It's also a lot harder to get stuff done with a broken toe than you'd think.

Agreed, it does look like it's coming along nicely, though that particular picture looks really odd, but then I'm very not used to seeing 3-d images in Blender I guess.Yeah, it's amazing what a little toe can impact, isn't it?

Dwip, you should not kick things when you rage over Blender. Bad things happen.Ok, I'll ask for real, how did you break your toe?That is looking very sweet.

@Hana: In summary, he kicked a chair while walking down the hall and not paying attention, but the link he provided is much more fun to read. innocent.gif@Dwip: I suppose how sad you'll be will depend on why you were measuring the angles to begin with, but... whistle.gif

...Also' date=' should you ever find yourself in Ravenna, Sant'Apollonare Nuovo is a recommended destination.[/quote']Yes, indeed I was there, albeit some 15 years ago. The whole town of Ravenna is lovely to visit and most interesting for the cultural history inclined. Obvioulsy lots of Romanic buildings, sites, artefacts to see there. :)

@Tommy - Yeah, I was there in 2004 for a couple days. Ravenna's an amazing place period, but I was a history major in college who spent a lot of time on Roman/Byzantine history, and I love mosaic as an art form, so you can imagine just how much fun I had there. :)@All - More WIP shots for the past couple days. I'm now done with the intermediate floors, stairs, etc. All that's left now is the basement and various interior decorations. And the floors/ceilings, of course, once I get the proper textures for them.Side view:AFKMausoleumInteriorWIP07.jpgFront view:AFKMausoleumInteriorWIP08.jpgEverything at an angle:AFKMausoleumInteriorWIP09.jpg

Wow, wow, wow. :stare:You could have an entire city population live in there.Textures coming up! Watch your email.

Awesome stuff Dwip. Would it be a silly question to ask if the interior mesh is going to be all one piece? Cause if so you're making an epic sized model that rivals stuff I've only seen from Mr. Siika so far.

@Hanaisse - Got 'em, thanks.@Samson - It's being constructed as one piece, insofar as you can say that given how Blender operates. I'll probably split it into a few different pieces when I go to export, as I seem to recall that there are certain effeciencies to doing things that way. How precisely I'm going to do that I haven't yet entirely decided.

We haven't had any WIP shots for a while, for the simple reason I had to figure out how to construct Bethesda-style barrel vaults first.You will be pleased to know that I was successful:AFKMausoleumInteriorWIP10.jpgYes, all of that arch trim was about as much of a bitch to make as you might think it was.Still need to do doorways, but the major portions are pretty close to done.

You should change your forum title to "Blender God of the Septims" at this point. Holy crap this thing is looking more awesome as each shot goes by.

Damn, Dwip, that really is bloody impressive. Great work. :)As for architecture and related terminology... I'll just let you keep that stuff to yourself, though my eldest son would've loved chatting with you all he could if you had taken that major instead. He's going for a graphics design degree to be able to work in video gaming, but he really wanted to become an architect for a long time back when he was in high school and then when first choosing a college. (I can easily see the distinction between the types of vaults you're proffering as what you'd been referring to incorrectly, I just wouldn't have known that you'd been using the wrong term if you hadn't said anything. :lol: