[WIPz:Oblivion] AFK_Mausoleum

Dwip

No need for MQ stage checks to test for Uriel and his sons. When Uriel is dead, the sarcophagi that belong to them get enabled.The only MQ stage stuff needed would come later, for the Blade quest, although I don't think even that is strictly necessary if the conditions can only be met when Martin is at CRT. You'd just set the dialogue on Martin up so it won't show until he's there. Same with Jauffre.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dwip

• Hana

• Arthmoor

• Conner

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, yeah, if you're going to not enable some things until Uriel bites it, there are going to be several things you'll need to do:- Disable his sarcophagus on the top tier- Maybe disable the shrines for his sons (they're not marked, so I'd just leave them and fake it so there's something up there)- Disable Mangevar- Maybe disable everyone else. Pretty sure most of them are there because Uriel is dead, which means it's going to be pretty empty before he kicks off.- Disable the "go hang out on the upper level" AI packs for everyone- Disable the 500 mountain lionsMaybe a couple others I've forgotten.And then you'd probably need to have a quest script that checks to see if Uriel is dead, and if he is, enables everything and starts Mangevar's quest.The idea for Mangevar's quest was that it be possible to talk him into going to find the Blades pretty much from day 1 even if the player hadn't found out about Cloud Ruler yet, but your milage may vary there.Samson's basically got the right of it though. Most things can be accomplished via dialogue checks.[edit] Also, is it bad that I didn't write a lot of notes for this quest because I figured it would be really simple and obvious? Apparently I'm that guy now.

At least you're not navmeshing massive amounts of space. Triangles, triangles everywhere.

In which I think:- Replying with a heart smiley would be the thing to do here.- Wait, we don't have a heart smiley.- Well, maybe we can add smilies.- Wait, I can't find a way to add smileys as an admin. Also, Admin CP WTFLOL. :alien:

• 3 months later...

Cheap and dirty measurement device who probably isn't necessary now that all the modeling is done. Because many is the time that you ask yourself "Self, is this doorway big enough? Are my stairs going to work? How big is this room compared to a guy, anyway?"Which, stairs suck. I hate doing stairs. Fuck you, rise over run.Which is all to say that you can probably delete him, or stash him somewhere for your own use. He's not necessary for the mod to work or anything.

Must be something in the air, or we're all operating on the same wavelength. I was just thinking about this mod and wondering if it might yet see the light of day :)

Also, for the record, staticman.nif is this guy:AFKMausoleumTombWIP01.jpgFor pretty much the obvious uses.

Staticman! The new modding superhero! Arthmoor, if you were just thinking about it too, did your brain happen to remind you that you volunteered to do Mausoleum _far.nif? :PDwip, I've made the Inn sign, now what of this "set up and pose Uriel for close up paintings" ? Was any of that done or started?Stairs ... my Nord barely fits in the stairwell. :lol: Also saw poor Heedul taking 3 mins to figure out how to get up them.Pictures just don't do it justice for standing there live. And I'm just now noticing weird lines on the back wall....Dwip, would you be annoyed if I turned the sarcophagus around so one can read it from the position that guy is in and not from standing in the stairwell?InteriorTopflr.jpg

I haven't forgotten, just let me know when you'd like that done and I'll see if I can still remember how :P

- Re: Uriel, no. The idea there was to get something like Samson's Uriel shot, except way more closeup (like, just him on the throne kind of deal), which was going in the inn somewhere or other. Since it would require a clone of the dude, plus a little bit of AI work, cell setup, and lighting, I just never quite got around to it.- Mausoleum stairs didn't really come out quite right, and it's altogether possible to get stuck on them from time to time. The cutout in the floor on the top level was especially problematic, given the really tight tolerences I had to deal with there. If I was doing it over again, I'd have figured out a better way to arrange things up there, but oh well.- The weird lines are fairly obviously the lines from the various triangles that make up that wall, although why that's happening I couldn't tell you - I don't remember ever seeing it personally.- Orient as you will. I thought it made more sense as it is, but I see where you're coming from - most people are looking at it the other way around.

Too bad I don't seem to have that Uriel setup anymore, but it's easy to get one from the real palace if you're using Alternative Beginnings with the Kvatch add-on.

Oh, AB, right. I'll see what I can do.Feel free to do that _far nif anytime :)