[WIPz:Oblivion] AFK_Mausoleum

Dwip

Wow, Dwip, I had no idea that Blender NIF Scripts was used for so many different games...Invisible body armor.. does that count as a stealth bonus? :PSamson knew it because the screen shot you posted says, in the top left corner, that it's "Blender NIF Scripts 2.5.5 (running on Blender 249, PyFFI 2.1.5)"I don't know about UV map or importing Fallout armor, but that's quite an amusing screen shot... :lol:

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dwip

• Hana

• Arthmoor

• Conner

Top Posters In This Topic

What Conner said. Upper left corner of your screenshot. PyFFI is up to 2.1.8 stable now, and the nif scripts were updated to work alongside. Which means I won't need to bug you or Hana about ripping pieces off of stuff again for awhile :P

Heh, guys, that wasn't a pic of his screenshot, it was a pic he was following - check the addy of the link. :lol:I had no idea PfFFI had been updated. I wouldn't even know where to get it as I just use the one that came with the python 03 installer with Bash - 2.1.5. I've heard NifScripts have been updated too but again, no idea where.

PyFFINif Tools - which is also where nifskope can be downloaded. Prod the files menu to find all the goodies.And weep over Sourceforge's new shitty page layouts.

@Hana: The link was on the previous page already making it a wee bit harder to check the addy. But if it wasn't a screen shot of his own, my mistake.@Samson: Gee, what part of their new layout bothers you so much? I mean, it's not what we'd gotten used to, but it does have most of the stats type data in a single block with thumbs of all the screen shots now... I think everything that ever was is still there, just with one or two fewer tabs to get to it.

Wow, this is all really impressive. I'm not sure if I want to finish that catacomb now :redface:No, I will, I promise.I'm particularly impressed by Hana's bronze dragon tile.

@Hanaisse - Yeah, tried that too.And apparently I've decided to do most of this particular map by hand. It's all very terrifying, and just thinking about it makes me want to flee in terror.@Samson/Conner - I did kind of say at least once it wasn't my screenshot. You were right, they were out of date, but not in the way you thought. :P(Also, I'm totally not using the default Blender UI, not that I'd expect you to know)@Sigurd - Yeah, isn't that tile just the coolest thing?

Right, like we'd pay close enough attention to catch that you'd said this wasn't your screen shot. ;)And, nope, we certainly had no way of knowing that you weren't using the default Blender UI, or that the screen shot showed the default UI for that matter. :lol:

FWIW, I'm down to UVing the base. This entire effort has been hampered by the fact I've been either sleeping or working a TON this week.

Rather than attempt to fit a 13 meg file through email, try this for the .blend file. I saved it so that it's on the layer that most of the sarcophagus is on - the base is on the next layer over. I left everything else in the file just in case you wanted to poke at it.A couple caveats:1. Most things are mapped to the 1024x1024 ICTempleStep.dds texture. I mapped them in anticipation of a series of 1024 textures.2. The exception is the bronze plaque, which is mapped to a dummy 1024x512 texture you likely don't have. It's not clear what resolution that texture needs to end up being, the main thing being that it contains readable text of some sort. We'll come back to this in a while. The point is the texture needs to be twice as wide as it is high.3. As you'll see, you've got a heavily cut down version of what I showed here before. The idea is that this is the minimum needed to UV the whole, and I'll mirror the rest into place when we're done. If that's excessively confusing, I can go ahead and do up a version with the whole thing in place.4. If you wind up needing to make any changes to the .blend file, do let me know, since obviously I'll be using my copy for other things in the meantime.Also, real men have been pulling multiple 20+ hour days this week. Just for the record. :P

Turns out it's 10. I forgot that I cut out a lot of extraneous bits and pieces I don't need anymore.Also, sorry about all the seams. That's going to be a bitch, I know.

Even 10 MB sounds huge for a "cut down" version. :blink:Sleep may be for the weak, but real men know when to cut their losses and get rest so they aren't fatigued when they need to be "real men". :P20+ hour days suck, dude. You've got my sympathies. :sick:[Edit:] Oh, and for the record, gratz on hitting 450 posts, Hana, and a belated gratz on hitting 600 posts, Dwip. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so, totally unfinished, but how's this for a start?FrontSide(Note; the top is not touched yet)I think I'll make the 'stone' more marblish looking. And the diamond will be red.

I endorse this heartily.Thoughts:- A slightly more aged look may be a good idea. We may revisit this later.- Slightly more color coordination between the various metal highlights will probably end up being a good idea. The upper trim and plaque match up well enough, the gold not so much.- Part of me really wants to see some kind of maze-type geometric pattern embossed on the lid edge stonework, but that may be overdoing things.

Surprisingly, I can even read it rather clearly from the side view.I agree that marbling, and red for the diamond, sounds good.I'm not so sure that the gold clashes with the bronze of the plaque and the upper trim, I think I can see where she's going with it. The gold also seems, to me, to match up fairly well with the embossing of the upper trim so it does tie in together well enough.

Hence the term totally unfinished. :)Yes, the end result will have an overall aged look. I tend to agree with Conner that the gold and the bronze are meant to be different and not matchy matchy, but the end result may change that. Geometric pattern on the lid edge? Hmmm.. I was thinking more of the gilded leaves that the cylinder ends will have, but we'll see how creative I can get.If you have real words planned for the plaque it might be easier for me to put them on now. I have all the Petrock fonts, unless you have something else in mind.

That could also work, perhaps.I have real words planned for the plaque, and I'll even be able to tell you all about them in a couple of weeks when I'm not devoting all my time to moving cross country. Maybe before then, probably not.

Yeah. Put shortly, my reason for staying here kind of went away. See also the blog entries Surprises and Rubicon for a more complete picture and so as not to clutter my thread.

Oh Hana, you haven't been following Dwip's blog lately, have you? You're going to be upset when you find out why he's moving back to Oregon... :thinking:

and so as not to clutter my thread
:lol: He says as I claim post #200 in said thread... :P