• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dwip

• Hana

• Arthmoor

• Conner

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff there Dwip.And we ask because I was hunting for a spot for Geldall's manor for the Alternative Beginnings update. But I found a much better spot elsewhere.Also, I should probably already know this answer, but precisely which Septim family members are going to be in there?

Would most in your case cover Geldall? He's one of Uriel's sons killed during the Mythic Dawn attack.

Didn't realize we actually knew their names.I'm currently of two minds as to what I want to do. The original concept for the upper part of the mausoleum was to stick Uriel's tomb on that pedastal, with tombs for his sons in the corners. What I'm thinking about doing is making the top part into a sort of Temple of the One-style shrine, and to make Uriel one of many tombs in the central part, with no mention of his sons.I can be persuaded either way.

I'm not trying to persuade you either way. The update for ALB includes a mesh that has a doorway in the basement which feels silly just having down there with a lock on it. So I was thinking of sticking a small crypt in there. I figured since it was Geldall's manor that he'd be a good fit to be buried there, but he can just as easily go to the main mausoleum instead and I can just have generic Septims down there.Also, yes, we know their names. At least some of them anyway.

More that I'm wavering between both the options I've presented, and if one of those sounds cooler than the other, great, or if you'd just as soon it be Geldall down there, that's cool with me, and I'll just do the shrine thing.

Don't you just love modding :PHere we are both trying to avoid stepping on each other's toes or something. I'd say you should go with Uriel and his immediate sons in the mausoleum and I can just put in non-descript sarcophagi in the manor which will imply Geldall is buried there even if he isn't overtly stated.

This manor part of the mod is easily worthy of being split off on its own.

I feel this thread poking me, repeatedly.Dwip, now that you've put most of it together, are we still of the same mind in the textures you wanted for the floor tiles? I gotta say, it's looking great right now.

Yeah, I am. You can't really tell because I'm not showing it very well, but they are needed, along with moar bettarer normal maps.That said, the one that's apparently really important to me is that perfectly square ceiling coffer texture I wanted. All sorts of things I apparently just can't get done until that gets done. On a second rank, the tomb textures will become important shortly thereafter as I start laying things out. Floor textures won't be critical for a while, but would be awfully nice.@Samson - I am kind of curious about this manor thing.

Soon, my child, soon. I was working out a way to short circuit the prison sequence so it won't ask for the race/class/birthsign stuff. For whatever daft reason, people wanted the prison start to be an available option. Now they'll have it. Turned out to be relatively easy to bypass the chargen menu prompts and just have it play out in such a way that your choices stick while preserving the stage advances during the run through the dungeon.Now that I've got that working I realize I need to issue kill commands on all the leftover people like Renault, Glenroy, and oh yeah, Uriel Septim :PThen add the generic tomb below the manor.

AFKMausoleumPilgrimsWIP01.jpgA few pilgrims come to visit the tombs:- A rather vaguely named Argonian hunter;- Florius and Atonia Appius, rich merchants from $CITY;- Mangevar, a retired Blade.And of course, the hostel where they're staying.

• 4 weeks later...

Still not dead. Collision and lighting took a while. Still not quite done, but let's show off a bit, shall we?AFKMausoleumInteriorWIP20.jpgThis is the middle level. It's hard to see from here, but that's a statue of Tiber Septim. I haven't quite figured out how to light it yet. You also can't see them well yet, but note the various urns in the niches.AFKMausoleumInteriorWIP21.jpgThese urns. Lighting these is strange. When lit, the texture on the gold one looks really cool. When not lit, it looks dull, yellow, and pretty awful. Not quite sure what to do there.AFKMausoleumInteriorWIP22.jpgLooking through a bunch of archways from one end to the other. Front door is to the right.AFKMausoleumInteriorWIP23.jpgHere's the upper level. It's much less dark than this in-game, but I may add some wall lights or something anyway. Notice the blue spot lighting where Uriel will one day go.AFKMausoleumInteriorWIP24.jpgAnd here's the basement. I think it turned out pretty good, all things considered.

Holy crap, those are some awesome screens. This thing is shaping up nicely.(also, QSFP, die in a fire, screw you and your end-of-page bug)

*standing ovation*Also, reminder.... whistle.gif

Bunches and bunches of sarcophagus plaques which I need to generate the text for.

Ok, sarcophagus text. I'm thinking something along the lines of:TIBER SEPTIM1ST EMPEROR OF TAMRIEL2E854 - 3E38Going off of the dates on this UESP page.Maybe with some little embossed dragons to either side of some center justified text, I dunno. Whatever ends up looking cool to you.I thought I had used Final Roman Medium for the urn font, but since I didn't have it installed, I probably actually used Perpetua Titling MT. Now that I look at it, Felix Titling may be a slightly more interesting font for the work:AFKMausoleumSarcophagusTextTest.jpgPlaying with text sizes, like this:102_0219.JPGmight also be worthwhile. Also concievable that that whole "X EMPEROR OF TAMRIEL" thing is a dumb idea and we should just go with name and dates. Pretty much block it out and see what you get.

I think the "X Emperor of Tamriel" can be dropped from the individual tombs, and if need be, have a book or something available that goes over the details for folks who like that sort of thing. Or maybe someone who runs the place sort of as a museum, which isn't out of the question as far as lore is concerned.

So, some notes on the fresh batch of textures Hanaisse sent me:AFKMausoleumInteriorWIP25.jpgAFKMausoleumInteriorWIP26.jpg1. Coffer textures have some random white noise all over one side, but this doesn't seem to show up in game at all, so no worries. As you can see, they look pretty damn good.2. While I like the aged brass look on the floor textures, it's actually not even noticable in-game unless you're really looking for it. A return to the wider, lighter look of days prior may be a good idea.3. There's also a black band on the inside of some tiles, inside the bronze, and you CAN notice that and it looks odd.4. Slightly deeper normal mapping might be an asset here - the textures still look fairly flat, though that may partially be a lighting issue. They should also be slightly reflective instead of dull, and I'm having a devil of a time getting them there with nif settings. I will keep trying, but.5. I'm also probably going to need to commission another bronze dragon tile texture with some shading on the deep parts. I tried vertex coloring, but it wasn't having any at all.

Those grout lines are darker then I thought they'd end up to be. I'll drop the opacity down and blend in the the inner black band as well. That's there for depth in the normal map. The bronze banded tiles, yeah, probably could be wider. But remember, your area is very very dark, you don't want neon bronze squares showing up.For more reflection have you tried adding a nispecularproperty? Also, have you looked at these while carrying a torch? I bet you'll notice different results.Coffers look awesome, if I do say so myself. :)

Well, here's one with specular on and a much better material property, in a well-lit area:AFKMausoleumInteriorWIP27.jpg

I think the "X Emperor of Tamriel" can be dropped from the individual tombs' date=' and if need be, have a book or something available that goes over the details for folks who like that sort of thing. Or maybe someone who runs the place sort of as a museum, which isn't out of the question as far as lore is concerned.[/quote']Well, why are all the incriptions the same anyway.If I were Tiber Septim I'd expect them to put "First Emperor of All Tamriel, ascended to Godhood 3E38".If I were Pelegius the Mad I might want, "Released from his shackles of od decorative paper".

Hey self, remember this.@Sigurd - Thought about that, not sure there's enough room on the texture to make it readable. If there is, well.@Hanaisse - But...but it's so hard! :P