Wrye Bash - All Games

Utumno

2 hours ago, RavenMind said:

Well, this is mildly interesting..

After a full Oblivion delete & re-install (for other added reasons), and a complete WB uninstall/reinstall, I found that WB couldn't install packages either. (I hadn't tried installing/uninstalling packages recently.)  So on a hunch, I changed the location of the Temp folder in user variables to point to D:\Temp, instead of D:\Windows Temp. Now, magically, everything is working fine. I'm able to install, uninstall, create & unpack to projects etc. I checked the new D:\Temp folder and am finding entries generated by WB.

So it appears my issue is resolved. However, for anyone looking at the code (and I'm sure this is VERY low priority), you may want to see how WB is resolving the path to the User Temp folder. (Not sure of the right lingo here.) Simply having removed the space makes me think it has something to do with the ability to resolve different encoding (Unicode, ANSI, UTF-8, etc). Or I suppose something like, when it runs the command, it doesn't enclose the path in double quotes, like when I have to use the command line. I'm only thinking this may be an upcoming issue because with the rise in popularity of SSD's, some people are going to be moving their Temp folders to a different drive, and if they use a folder name which WB doesn't like, it's going to totally break WB for them. As for me, EVERY other program that reads/writes to the Temp folder I previously had with a space worked just fine, so the issue may not be obvious to others. Maybe this is my fault, and I should have done something like enclosed the path with double quotes when changing the Environment Variables ("D:\Windows Temp"), but everything else was able to resolve the path fine (Photoshop, Premiere, 7-Zip, Blender, NifSkope, Audacity, Paint.Net, etc.).

Sorry for the verbosity, and I hope somebody may find this info useful. Thanks everyone for your continued work on WB. Once I learned it, can't live without it! :)

Verbosity is good.

I'm glad you got your problem resolved but I'm going to try to repeat your test because A.) it certainly needs to be tested, and B.) I've got a SSD for my OS drive and this sounds like a good idea. ;)

My gut tells me this may have as much to do with the way Windows applies changed environment variables as it does with spaces in path names.  Just out of curiosity, did you reboot or relog after changing the "SET TEMP" variable?

15 hours ago, alt3rn1ty said:

@Utumno Bit of settings feedback for the latest nightly build end of second post :

I made a new backup settings using the Settings menu option (Gear Icon), and just for experiment set Status Bar, Icon Size = 32

After the backup, changed Icon size to 24, then restored settings .. Icon size remained at 24 instead of going to what was set at 32

I had not run it via command line so decided to close Wrye Bash and generate a bashbugdump.log

After loading Wrye Bash up again .. Icon size was now at 16, and I had not left it that way when closing it down.

I now tried to change to Icon size 32, and Wrye Bash became unresponsive, and then crashed

The bashbugdump.log was completely empty (not even Testing UAC in there)

Now I cant change Icon size at all no matter what approach, its stuck at "cant see them properly size 16 unless I use a magnifying glass" - Any attempt to change the size results in CTD with no dump

Edit : Actually if I delete all bashsettings.dat files I can now change Icon size again, I think the restore settings messed things up

This may be related to the strange icon size behavior on windows 10 - could you repeat the tests without the restore settings part ? Re: restore settings - can you flip some other settings and check ? Use the version below I fixed a bug in there

@RavenMind good catch - I fixed it I think in my wip branch:

Re: wizard thing - yep a clear repro I could use is needed - don't hold your breath on that one

Re: disallow unselecting bsa/b2a mods  - that needs fixing - yep the tag needs fixing too but indeed we need to fix separately.

Before I try fixing, is it the case in Oblivion too ? I should detect if a bsa/ba2 exists _with the same name as the esp_ and then not offer to deselect the mod ? That's enough ?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Utumno said:

Re: wizard thing - yep a clear repro I could use is needed - don't hold your breath on that one

Yeah it is a Heisenbug at the moment. I've working on a repro casually but I'll make an actual test matrix and get down to business if this is a show-stopper.

8 hours ago, Utumno said:

~Use the version below I fixed a bug in there

Ok first the saving backup settings to the same location seems to depend on which instance of Wrye Bash you start with, this time I started first with Oblivion

Wrye Bash starting
Using Wrye Bash Version 307.201707160231 (Standalone)
OS info: Windows-10-10.0.15063
Python version: 2.7.12
wxPython version: 2.8.12.1 (msw-unicode)
input encoding: None; output encoding: None; locale: ('en_GB', 'cp1252')
filesystem encoding: mbcs 
bash.pyo  322 main: Searching for game to manage:
bush.pyo   89 __supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.pyo   91 __supportedGames:  Oblivion: e:\oblivion
bush.pyo   91 __supportedGames:  Skyrim Special Edition: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
bush.pyo   91 __supportedGames:  Fallout4: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4
bush.pyo  149 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.pyo  155 _detectGames: Set game mode to Oblivion found in parent directory of Mopy:  E:\Oblivion
bush.pyo  170 __setGame:  Using Oblivion game: E:\Oblivion
testing UAC
mods_metadata.pyo  223 __init__: Using LOOT API version: 0.10.2
barb.pyo  163 Apply: 
barb.pyo  164 Apply: BACKUP BASH SETTINGS: E:\Oblivion Mods\Bash Mod Data\Backup Bash Settings Oblivion (2017-07-16 10.11.01) v307.201707150002-307.201707160231.7z
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Oblivion\Mopy\bash\l10n\Italian.txt <-- E:\Oblivion\Mopy\bash\l10n\Italian.txt
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Oblivion Mods\Bash Mod Data\Table.dat <-- E:\Oblivion Mods\Bash Mod Data\Table.dat
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Oblivion\Mopy\bash\l10n\Chinese (Simplified).txt <-- E:\Oblivion\Mopy\bash\l10n\Chinese (Simplified).txt
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Installers.dat <-- E:\Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Installers.dat
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Oblivion\Mopy\bash\l10n\Russian.txt <-- E:\Oblivion\Mopy\bash\l10n\Russian.txt
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Oblivion\Mopy\bash\l10n\de.txt <-- E:\Oblivion\Mopy\bash\l10n\de.txt
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Oblivion\Mopy\bash\l10n\Chinese (Traditional).txt <-- E:\Oblivion\Mopy\bash\l10n\Chinese (Traditional).txt
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: My Games\Oblivion\BashLoadOrders.dat <-- D:\Documents\My Games\Oblivion\BashLoadOrders.dat
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Oblivion\Mopy\bash\l10n\pt_opt.txt <-- E:\Oblivion\Mopy\bash\l10n\pt_opt.txt
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Converters.dat <-- E:\Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Converters.dat
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: My Games\Oblivion\BashSettings.dat <-- D:\Documents\My Games\Oblivion\BashSettings.dat

But then proceeding on to starting up Fallout 4 and Skyrim SE they both save into the same place as the Oblivion backups .. So it seems when there are multiple Wrye Bash setups for different games, whichever saved first is cached as the location for all the following ones

Wrye Bash starting
bush.pyo   89 __supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.pyo   91 __supportedGames:  Skyrim Special Edition: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
bush.pyo  149 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.pyo  155 _detectGames: Set game mode to Fallout4 found in parent directory of Mopy:  D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Fallout 4
bush.pyo  170 __setGame:  Using Fallout4 game: D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Fallout 4
testing UAC
barb.pyo  163 Apply: 
barb.pyo  164 Apply: BACKUP BASH SETTINGS: E:\Oblivion Mods\Bash Mod Data\Backup Bash Settings Fallout4 (2017-07-16 10.17.49) v307.201707150002-307.201707160231.7z
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: My Games\Fallout4\BashSettings.dat <-- D:\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\BashSettings.dat
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Fallout4\Mopy\bash\l10n\Italian.txt <-- D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Fallout 4\Mopy\bash\l10n\Italian.txt
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Fallout4\Mopy\bash\l10n\Russian.txt <-- D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Fallout 4\Mopy\bash\l10n\Russian.txt
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Fallout4\Mopy\bash\l10n\Chinese (Simplified).txt <-- D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Fallout 4\Mopy\bash\l10n\Chinese (Simplified).txt
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Fallout4 Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Converters.dat <-- D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Fallout4 Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Converters.dat
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: My Games\Fallout4\Saves\Bash\Table.dat <-- D:\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\Saves\Bash\Table.dat
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Fallout4\Mopy\bash\l10n\Chinese (Traditional).txt <-- D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Fallout 4\Mopy\bash\l10n\Chinese (Traditional).txt
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Fallout4\Mopy\bash\l10n\pt_opt.txt <-- D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Fallout 4\Mopy\bash\l10n\pt_opt.txt
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: My Games\Fallout4\BashLoadOrders.dat <-- D:\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\BashLoadOrders.dat
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Fallout4 Mods\Bash Mod Data\INI Data\Table.dat <-- D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Fallout4 Mods\Bash Mod Data\INI Data\Table.dat
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Fallout4\Mopy\bash\l10n\de.txt <-- D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Fallout 4\Mopy\bash\l10n\de.txt
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Fallout4 Mods\Bash Mod Data\Table.dat <-- D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Fallout4 Mods\Bash Mod Data\Table.dat
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Fallout4 Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Installers.dat <-- D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Fallout4 Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Installers.dat
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: My Games\Fallout4\Saves\Bash\Table.dat.bak <-- D:\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\Saves\Bash\Table.dat.bak

Wrye Bash starting
bush.pyo  155 _detectGames: Set game mode to Skyrim Special Edition found in parent directory of Mopy:  D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Skyrim Special Edition
bush.pyo  170 __setGame:  Using Skyrim Special Edition game: D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Skyrim Special Edition
testing UAC
barb.pyo  163 Apply: 
barb.pyo  164 Apply: BACKUP BASH SETTINGS: D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Skyrim Special Edition Mods\Bash Mod Data\Backup Bash Settings Skyrim Special Edition (2017-07-16 10.30.28) v307.201707150002-307.201707160231.7z
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Saves\Bash\Table.dat.bak <-- D:\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Saves\Bash\Table.dat.bak
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Skyrim Special Edition\Mopy\bash\l10n\Russian.txt <-- D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Skyrim Special Edition\Mopy\bash\l10n\Russian.txt
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Skyrim Special Edition Mods\Bash Mod Data\Table.dat <-- D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Skyrim Special Edition Mods\Bash Mod Data\Table.dat
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Skyrim Special Edition Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Installers.dat <-- D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Skyrim Special Edition Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Installers.dat
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Saves\Bash\Table.dat <-- D:\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Saves\Bash\Table.dat
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\BashSettings.dat <-- D:\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\BashSettings.dat
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\BashLoadOrders.dat <-- D:\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\BashLoadOrders.dat
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Skyrim Special Edition\Mopy\bash\l10n\pt_opt.txt <-- D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Skyrim Special Edition\Mopy\bash\l10n\pt_opt.txt
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Skyrim Special Edition\Mopy\bash\l10n\Italian.txt <-- D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Skyrim Special Edition\Mopy\bash\l10n\Italian.txt
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Skyrim Special Edition\Mopy\bash\l10n\de.txt <-- D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Skyrim Special Edition\Mopy\bash\l10n\de.txt
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Skyrim Special Edition\Mopy\bash\l10n\Chinese (Simplified).txt <-- D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Skyrim Special Edition\Mopy\bash\l10n\Chinese (Simplified).txt
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Skyrim Special Edition Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Converters.dat <-- D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Skyrim Special Edition Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Converters.dat
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Skyrim Special Edition\Mopy\bash\l10n\Chinese (Traditional).txt <-- D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Skyrim Special Edition\Mopy\bash\l10n\Chinese (Traditional).txt

I did this test just to see if it would be different from the last time (where they all saved into the Fallout 4 location instead), if I started with a different Wrye Bash setup = Proved

Also you mentioned a bug fix but did not specify what .. so I thought it could have been this issue :) 

more testing to follow ..

9 hours ago, Utumno said:

Re: disallow unselecting bsa/b2a mods  - that needs fixing - yep the tag needs fixing too but indeed we need to fix separately.

Before I try fixing, is it the case in Oblivion too ? I should detect if a bsa/ba2 exists _with the same name as the esp_ and then not offer to deselect the mod ? That's enough ?

I would say its not so important for Oblivion, because if resources from an associated BSA do not load due to de-activating the plugin, its not so catastrophic as it is for the newer games .. But all the same people may not realise why they lost some custom textures / meshes which were meant to be with the mod

So I would say it cant do any harm having detection of BSAs before auto-deselection of merged mods, and keeping them selected if an associated BSA is detected, if it was enabled for all games

I'm going to call in another better opinion on this decision - @Arthmoor What do you think to also having this for All games including Oblivion ?

In case you have not followed : The idea is if a plugin is fully merged, usually you get Wrye Bash asking to auto-deselect the merged plugins. For newer games where resources may be in an associated BSA / BA2 (scripts for instance), having the fully merged plugin deactivated could be disastrous, effed up saves much hair pulling then pitchforks etc. So the idea is for Wrye Bash to detect associated BSA / BA2 and if found not offer the plugin for deactivation in the auto-deselect dialogue.

So should Oblivion also be included (even though it may not be so important/disastrous for Oblivion, custom resources would still be deactivated) .. I think it may be easier to implement if it applies to all games, which is possibly why Utumno is asking.

19 hours ago, Beermotor said:

Verbosity is good.

I'm glad you got your problem resolved but I'm going to try to repeat your test because A.) it certainly needs to be tested, and B.) I've got a SSD for my OS drive and this sounds like a good idea. ;)

My gut tells me this may have as much to do with the way Windows applies changed environment variables as it does with spaces in path names.  Just out of curiosity, did you reboot or relog after changing the "SET TEMP" variable?

Yes, I rebooted and still had the same problem.

I tried reproducing by changing the Temp to another path with a space in the name and rebooting. Then tried installing a couple mods with varying file structures/types, and unpacking one to a project. The mods showed installed, but files were never unpacked and are marked as missing. I also got the same error listed above when attempting to unpack one to project. I changed the Temp path back to a single word folder, and with no reboot or logoff, everything installed/unpacked fine.

@RavenMind good catch - I fixed it I think in my wip branch:

Great! I'll give that version a go. Thanks!

This may be related to the strange icon size behavior on windows 10 - could you repeat the tests without the restore settings part ? Re: restore settings - can you flip some other settings and check ? Use the version below I fixed a bug in there

The Icon size I can change as many times randomly as I want without issue, and no errors in the bugdump, I just went from 32 to 16 to 24 to 16 to 32 to 24 to 32 etc for about twenty different changes .. No problem (and without doing any restore settings)

---------------------------

Now for backing up - flipping a few other settings - Then restored settings =

Note using Skyrim Special Edition Wrye Bash, and choosing Backup settings from the Gear Icon Menu, actually saved settings into Skyrim Special Edition Mods \ Bash Mod Data \ where you would expect them to go - So the previous caching of the Oblivion location did not carry through to Manually backing up settings.

1. Backed up

2. Changed Icon size - Changed default background colour - Turned off the screenshots tab

3. Restored settings

4. Wrye Bash said it had restored settings, auto closed and then auto reloaded Wrye Bash ..

But the changed settings were not actually restored to what they were when backed up.

At least it didnt crash this time, so progress made :)

Edit : Hmm, bashbugdump.log is tricksy for this procedure, due to the auto close and reload of Wrye Bash

@Utumno

Just FYI, the Temp path with space character issue persists with v307.201707160231.

Even tried changing the Temp path variable to d:\Windows0x20Temp. This allowed WB to function properly, but I couldn't verify if it was actually using the "D:\Windows Temp" directory since there was nothing left behind that was from WB. Nothing in any of the other default Temp directories, ..\Oblivion Mods\ , ..\Mopy, etc. So I've no idea if using 0x20 as the space character actually worked or just caused it to default some place else. Unhelpful, I know. Sorry.

Ok - so we have several issues:

- restore settings doesn't work (...)

- where is it caching the path ?

- tmp with space

Re: wizard not a show stopper but should be addressed at some point

Re: merged plugins with bsas - could you link me to one ? Now that I looked more closely those plugins should not be added to the mergeable in the first place, there is already code checking for this so something broke (checking if some.espm has some.bsa/ba2 and also if there is a sound/voice/some.espm/ folder) - what does Mark Mergeable do on those ?

Won't be around for a couple days maybe more so don't hold your breath :)

10 minutes ago, Utumno said:

Ok - so we have several issues:

- restore settings doesn't work (...)

- where is it caching the path ?

- tmp with space

Re: wizard not a show stopper but should be addressed at some point

Re: merged plugins with bsas - could you link me to one ? Now that I looked more closely those plugins should not be added to the mergeable in the first place, there is already code checking for this so something broke (checking if some.espm has some.bsa/ba2 and also if there is a sound/voice/some.espm/ folder) - what does Mark Mergeable do on those ?

Won't be around for a couple days maybe more so don't hold your breath :)

also to @RavenMind

I'm going to test the temp path thing later this morning if I can avoid a few responsibilities.

Roger on the wizard thing.

and I found an(other?) issue regarding tools package paths (/data/tools is recognized but /data/caliente tools/ is not)  but I'm going to just update the existing issue on Github if I can find it.

Thanks for the update! :)

Well I just changed the windows tmp AND temp environment paths to E:Windows TEMP and Bash works fine (tried unpacking and install/uninstall) so there's something other there - 0x20 just made the space disappear I think @Ravenmind so did not change anything

So I should add @Beermotor caliente tools as an allowed dir ? For which games ? Issue: https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/issues/379

Please link me to a bsa ba2 plugin now that I am on it

@Utumno 10-4.  Yes "Caliente Tools" is where the  Skyrim and SSE versions of BodySlide want to be installed.  This is also where bodyslide-enabled mods want to put their data as well.

Here's a link to BodySlide 4.3.1 which is an example of the layout. A good subpackage to look at in that archive is "00 BodySlide". The "01 CBBBE" and "02 UUNP" are also examples.

Edit: I updated https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/issues/379 with the paths and a link back to this post for future backtracking if needed.

Edit 2: I got rid of the monkey too. Github's CDN is super slow apparently.

12 hours ago, Utumno said:

Well I just changed the windows tmp AND temp environment paths to E:Windows TEMP and Bash works fine (tried unpacking and install/uninstall) so there's something other there - 0x20 just made the space disappear I think @Ravenmind so did not change anything

Curiouser and curiouser. I changed both User & System Variable TEMP/TMP paths to exactly your wording above, except "D" instead of "E". Still having packages showing installed but without files being unpacked & placed. This time however, I am getting indication that Wrye Bash is using the directory. Namely the following folder structure now being found: D:\Windows TEMP\comtypes_cache\Wrye Bash-27

Sigh. It's not a big deal to me. I don't know how much of, or even if it IS, an issue to you guys in regards to Wrye Bash development (especially if you can't reproduce it). So unless I can help in some other way, I'm going to bow out now. Thank you guys (and/or gals) for all your hard work!

Best Regards

20 hours ago, alt3rn1ty said:

I would say its not so important for Oblivion, because if resources from an associated BSA do not load due to de-activating the plugin, its not so catastrophic as it is for the newer games .. But all the same people may not realise why they lost some custom textures / meshes which were meant to be with the mod

So I would say it cant do any harm having detection of BSAs before auto-deselection of merged mods, and keeping them selected if an associated BSA is detected, if it was enabled for all games

I'm going to call in another better opinion on this decision - @Arthmoor What do you think to also having this for All games including Oblivion ?

In case you have not followed : The idea is if a plugin is fully merged, usually you get Wrye Bash asking to auto-deselect the merged plugins. For newer games where resources may be in an associated BSA / BA2 (scripts for instance), having the fully merged plugin deactivated could be disastrous, effed up saves much hair pulling then pitchforks etc. So the idea is for Wrye Bash to detect associated BSA / BA2 and if found not offer the plugin for deactivation in the auto-deselect dialogue.

So should Oblivion also be included (even though it may not be so important/disastrous for Oblivion, custom resources would still be deactivated) .. I think it may be easier to implement if it applies to all games, which is possibly why Utumno is asking.

Yes, this needs to be applied for Oblivion as well. While there may be no scripts, missing meshes and textures CAN crash the game and be a general annoyance.

So long as the various naming schemes are accounted for with loading multiple BSAs off of one ESP file.

23 hours ago, Utumno said:

Yep here's an easy one to use - the Skyrim Special Edition version of A Quality World Map

(Probably achieve the same testing with the Skyrim LE version too)

Grab the first file "8.4 A Quality World Map - Classic with All Roads"

Installed files :

icepenguinworldmapclassic.esp

icepenguinworldmapclassic - textures.bsa

icepenguinworldmapclassic.ini

All three are necessary for the mod to work as advertised, and Wrye Bash offers to auto-deselect the plugin

0000.png

After Rebuilding the Bashed Patch, its deselected with a + (same as DesyncBirdsOfPrey), and in game you then do not see the roads on the world map because you do not have the mods textures being used from its BSA, and the necessary mod defined .ini changes are also not in effect.

Easily solved by clicking the tick box after rebuilding the Bashed Patch, so it has a checkmark in there instead of a +, but a lot of users will not realise the implications of not doing that ( and probably dont even know you can manually change the activated state :) ) .

I dont think I know all of the games different naming conventions for BSAs and BA2s, but I do know that since oblivion there are more possible variations, and even multiple archive loading from just one plugin .. So I guess you need to be detecting something like ..

BethesdaSoftworksArchiveName * .bsa/ba2 to capture them all for detection in Skyrim / SSE / FO4.

12 minutes ago, alt3rn1ty said:

After Rebuilding the Bashed Patch, its deselected with a + (same as DesyncBirdsOfPrey), and in game you then do not see the roads on the world map because you do not have the mods textures being used from its BSA

Interesting, I'll try to remember that.  Thanks for posting the information.

There seems to be a difference between Oblivion and Skyrim when WB is handling merged plugins and what I mean is that Skyrim doesn't *read* a BSA via the Archives section in Skyrim.ini while Oblivion does that in Oblivion.ini or am I mistaken.

8 minutes ago, Leonardo said:

There seems to be a difference between Oblivion and Skyrim when WB is handling merged plugins and what I mean is that Skyrim doesn't *read* a BSA via the Archives section in Skyrim.ini while Oblivion does that in Oblivion.ini or am I mistaken.

It can do both, you can have an archive registered in the game ini, or loaded via an associated plugin naming convention - See BSAs and You

With the latest Beta patch for Skyrim officially getting sent out to all clients, there have been some changes to BSA Load Ordering that you might want to know about. Basically, the issues brought up in the previous thread have been fixed. So this post is only here for educational purposes, in case you're curious as to the order of resources loading.

To summarize, the order resources are loaded is:

Registered BSAs -> Plugin BSAs -> Loose Files

With Registered BSAs being loaded in the order listed in Skyrim.ini, and Plugin BSAs loading in the same order as their plugins, which are loaded in the order they are listed in plugins.txt.

10 hours ago, RavenMind said:

Curiouser and curiouser. I changed both User & System Variable TEMP/TMP paths to exactly your wording above, except "D" instead of "E". Still having packages showing installed but without files being unpacked & placed. This time however, I am getting indication that Wrye Bash is using the directory. Namely the following folder structure now being found: D:\Windows TEMP\comtypes_cache\Wrye Bash-27

Sigh. It's not a big deal to me. I don't know how much of, or even if it IS, an issue to you guys in regards to Wrye Bash development (especially if you can't reproduce it). So unless I can help in some other way, I'm going to bow out now. Thank you guys (and/or gals) for all your hard work!

Best Regards

Oh you're in this with us now. You're hereby drafted as a tester. ;)

So I did finally test this last night right before I went to bed and while I had the same result as Utumno in that I couldn't reproduce it, I did notice that after a reboot and having a fairly clean tmp folder (some Nvidia folder was in there and nothing else - with 'show hidden files' enabled), when I launched Wrye Bash a file dated "7/3/2017" was written to the temp folder, which I thought was super-odd.  

The reason this stuck out was I completely wiped all of my .dat files and mod folders and started over for testing purposes, even removing the pyc files.  This is probably just a coincidence but I thought I would mention it.

7 hours ago, alt3rn1ty said:

It can do both, you can have an archive registered in the game ini, or loaded via an associated plugin naming convention - See BSAs and You

Reveal hidden contents

I think you misunderstood me.

My post was sort of thinking out loud and what I refer to is to your post about the icepenguinworldmapclassic.esp that you had manually check after rebuilding the bashed patch, because WB didn't handle a merged esp correctly.

12 hours ago, Beermotor said:

Oh you're in this with us now. You're hereby drafted as a tester. ;)

LOL! Ok, whatever I can do to help, let me know.

11 hours ago, RavenMind said:

LOL! Ok, whatever I can do to help, let me know.

Just use it and let us know when you encounter issues. Right now we're in feature freeze for the next beta release so we need all of the different subsystems of WB checked out for a solid release.

Everyone uses WB slightly differently and can trigger bugs differently, so your experience is very much appreciated.  

More complicated than it seems - @Arthmoor:

- what is the exact matching game(s) perform to load bsa/ba2 from espm ? Is it per game ?

- can one mod load mutliple bsas ?

- what about the sound/voice/some.espm/ folder present in oblivion - do mods in other games load similar sound folders based on mod name ?

@Utumno See conversation with EvilOssie on Fallout 4 Wrye Bash comments, he is trying to change location of his Fallout4 Mods \ folder using the bash.ini, but having no success. I asked him to provide a bashbugdump.log, and it has a few extra details in there I was not expecting.

Start with this post and read on.