Wrye Bash - All Games

Utumno

For me, all of the supposedly mismatched files are ESPs. Nothing else shows up as out of sync.

A normal refresh on the package does nothing. It remains with an orange square. Only a full refresh corrects it, but it only stays corrected for as long as Bash is up for that session.

24 minutes ago, Utumno said:

Edge case in the code - since the plugin has not changed size or mod date we don't rescan for mergeability - Run Scan Mergeable on it

Yep that works 

Mark Mergeable with the BSA still installed says "Not Mergeable" Has BSA installed

Mark Mergeable with the BSA manually deleted, and it is recognised as mergeable and turn green

Thanks @alt3rn1ty - yes I haven't disabled but the pop up - you mean I should disable the ghosting menu altogether ?

@Arthmoor please run the latest utumno-wip : https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/archive/utumno-wip.zip

I added some debug prints - do produce the bugdump (just run your Wrye Bash Debug.bat). I believe there's a mismatched cached crc in there.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Utumno said:

Thanks @alt3rn1ty - yes I haven't disabled but the pop up - you mean I should disable the ghosting menu altogether ?

Yeah if its easily done for individual games (leaving it enabled for Oblivion), its no use to Skyrim LE / SE or FO4, having it still in the context menu for those games is just going to be a stream of questions from confused users.

1 hour ago, Utumno said:

@Arthmoor please run the latest utumno-wip : https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/archive/utumno-wip.zip

I added some debug prints - do produce the bugdump (just run your Wrye Bash Debug.bat). I believe there's a mismatched cached crc in there.

I'm home for the weekend now (I'm on-call so I'm rooted to my office chair) , so I'll snag that version and test as well. 

21 hours ago, Utumno said:

So the bleeding edge code isn't considered the latest anymore? Either way I'll grab that one and give it a shot.

Update on my last post:

I'm either going nuts or I'm not able to reproduce the problem since installing the latest python build.

I have however run into a problem with the Bodyslide paths thing, but I'll update the issue on GitHub to keep the focus here on the refresh issue.

This is all the bug dump gave me and it doesn't look very helpful to me:

Wrye Bash starting
Using Wrye Bash Version 307
OS info: Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Python version: 2.7.12
wxPython version: 2.8.12.1 (msw-unicode)
input encoding: UTF8; output encoding: None; locale: ('en_US', 'cp1252')
filesystem encoding: mbcs
bash.py  322 main: Searching for game to manage:
bush.py   89 __supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.py   91 __supportedGames:  Oblivion: c:\games\bethesda softworks\oblivion
bush.py   91 __supportedGames:  Skyrim: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim
bush.py   91 __supportedGames:  Skyrim Special Edition: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
bush.py   91 __supportedGames:  Fallout4: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4
bush.py  149 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.py  159 _detectGames: No known game in parent directory of Mopy: C:\Wrye Bash 308
bush.py  170 __setGame:  Using Skyrim Special Edition game: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
balt.py  818 <module>: Comtypes is missing, features utilizing HTML will be disabled
mods_metadata.py   39 <module>: Failed to import the loot_api module: (No module named loot_api)
testing UAC
MISMATCH: Whistling Mine.esp cached DEDF2F22 real 4FC632B2
MISMATCH: Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp cached 8D5B65D3 real 8D0F9513
MISMATCH: Helarchen Creek.esp cached A21F4897 real C159039E
MISMATCH: Castle Volkihar Rebuilt.esp cached 0530289A real 89CB6A13

• Like 2

It looks exactly as expected to me - note the "Castle Volkihar Rebuilt.esp cached 0530289A real 89CB6A13" - that's the esp that showed as mismatched right ?

The bleeding edge is always the tip of the utumno-wip branch, sometimes I pack a standalone from it and post it here as "bleeding edge".

I monkey patched full refresh to correct this - so have a go at https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/archive/utumno-wip.zip (same zip but different content, that's always the contents of utumno-wip branch on github)

Full refresh should correct this (and take slightly longer)

• Like 2

Yep, the 4 files it listed as mismatched were all the ones that were doing so falsely.

The update fixed it though, so thanks :)

Utumno, the latest WIP gives me the following traceback when launching WB for Fallout 4:

MISMATCH: Bashed Patch, 0.esp cached AB97BD63 real BACA7C64

Rebuilding the bashed patch doesn't help - I get the same error on the next WB launch.

Let me know what you need. :)

EDIT: Deleting the old bashed patch and generating a new one works fine (as expected). For some reason, WB doesn't recognize that the old one has been updated.

@Utumno  Success, but the problem is my fault.

While enjoying a St. Bernardus Abt 12, perhaps the finest example of a Belgian abbey ale on Earth,  I finally figured out the BodySlide path issue.

In the Skyrim distribution of BodySlide there is no space between the words "CalienteTools". :/

I've updated issue #379 with what I found.

Good catch @Supierce- monkey patched in latest utumno-wip ( added a crc scan on patch completion ). The whole crc business will be smoothed out in 308. Those python versions are slow to start due to scanning crcs for debugging - will maybe add a menu item

Changed to calientetools for both skyrims @Beermotor

With those fixed (especially the one by @Arthmoor) I think my bleeding edge is ready for stable

22 hours ago, Utumno said:

With those fixed (especially the one by @Arthmoor) I think my bleeding edge is ready for stable

Outstanding! Thank you @Utumno

Edit: First impressions: this is a dream come true. The BodySlide management is working perfectly in both Skyrims as well as Fallout. I'm going to work on a how-to for explaining how to install BodySlide to get the executables over to help folks get it up and running.

On 7/24/2017 at 6:11 PM, Beermotor said:

I've created a Wrye Bash Bodyslide installation tutorial on Imgur for users that may need help getting BodySlide installed with the new WB.

Please peer review take a look at it and please let me know if you have any suggestions or corrections.  :)

Nice work on this, Beermotor! Thank you! :)

Some possible insight on the CRC mismatch issue. Not sure if this is related or not but I just made a change to Open Cities with xEdit while Wrye Bash was off and when I started Bash up, the debug build is now reporting a mismatch between the CRC for the real copy and the cached data. It is not updating this and I'm not sure if it's supposed to be or not.

Ther crc is a digital signature - when file changes its CRC will change, so correctly the cached crc is now reported as mismatching the real one - I will add a menu item you can use from time to time to clear such cached stale values.

Now - did the edit in the xEdit change the file size or modification date ? Then Bash should have updated the cached value - if not that's a bug.

xEdit never changes the timestamp on any files it saves. I'm not sure if the size changed or not but it may not have.

This makes sense - please test (if you just flip a bool or modify an integer size won't change - modtime not changed, size not changed Bash has no way of knowing CRC changed - user must do this manually with the new menu I added, not ideal but checking all crcs takes a lot of time. There is a workaround but needs thought, later)

And two other things:

- is anyone using exclusion groups ? I am tempted to bin them - will simplify some core methods, plus not a good idea. User can always define groups and manually check if more plugins than one are activated. We could add an enhancement in 308

- @Beermotor - I forgot to mention when seeing your BCFs - avoid nested bains as the plague - that is some_top_level_dir/subpackages. We support them due to many packages out there packaged as Data/content.epm etc but it's a hack, it leads to long paths on extraction etc that may pass the 255 or so windows path limit etc etc etc. Correct BAIN structure is top level - maybe add a note on current readme ? Anyway spread the word.

I hope I will merge some of my stable work to dev and pack a standalone - nearing 307.beta2

2 hours ago, Utumno said:

- @Beermotor - I forgot to mention when seeing your BCFs - avoid nested bains as the plague - that is some_top_level_dir/subpackages. We support them due to many packages out there packaged as Data/content.epm etc but it's a hack, it leads to long patch on extraction etc that may pass the 255 or so windows path limit etc etc etc. Correct BAIN structure is top level - maybe add a note on current readme ? Anyway spread the word.

I hope I will merge some of my stable work to dev and pack a standalone - nearing 307.beta2

That's awesome news on Beta 2. :)

I think I see what you mean on the nested packages. I think I just unzipped the file and started moving things into complex BAIN format (as is my normal practice up until now) without paying attention to the fact that the whole shooting match was inside another folder. Do you remember which BCF this was on by chance? I'm going to want to repack it if it is wonky.

Cheers and good luck with the merge!

I have no idea what exclusion groups are so I guess I must not be using them :P

4 hours ago, Utumno said:

- is anyone using exclusion groups ? I am tempted to bin them - will simplify some core methods, plus not a good idea. User can always define groups and manually check if more plugins than one are activated. We could add an enhancement in 308

Its hard to know really how much anyone uses groups - I know someone who I think (IIRC) was called Red66, who found groups to be a very useful tool for organizing manual load ordering, and preferred it combined with xEdit .. over using tools like BOSS or LOOT.

Personally I don't use groups, how many out there do ..

Edit : All of the second sticky posts on Nexus have been amended with a question for users of Exclusion Groups to RSVP

I didn't even know Exclusion Groups were a thing.  That's a good idea on the sticky post, @alt3rn1ty

Also @Utumno Re: the wiki updates, I haven't had time today due to work and family stuff, but I've uploaded the images to my Google Drive so I can sneak some edits in on my lunch break tomorrow.

Ok let's see if anyone turns up or will bin - groups I find useful too

Well as for the beta it won't be tomorrow, take your time with wiki and everything - just report any big bug you come across if any