[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch [USLEEP]

Arthmoor

You may also want to contact Nazenn and see if the lite version of JKs would benefit from forwarding the change (and then editing it to fit). You can't simply forward it or it'll just make things worse. It has to be forwarded over and then updated within the mod to fit.

That's what I was afraid of, although I don't know how much "worse" it could get than crashing every time you enter a city.

JK's lite works since it does not contain the navmesh with formid 000f1a86, so there is no compatibility issue with USLEEP. That is an option, and according to Nazenn you can swap from JK to his JK's lite on an existing game without issue.

• 2 weeks later...

JK's lite works since it does not contain the navmesh with formid 000f1a86, so there is no compatibility issue with USLEEP. That is an option, and according to Nazenn you can swap from JK to his JK's lite on an existing game without issue.

Speaking as another author, yes, always check against each new version of the Unofficial Patches. I'm still making periodic updates for compatibility.

I've had a number of reports of incompatibility between JK's Skyrim and Touring Carriages. So I checked today. USLEEP modified one triangle vertex in 000f1a86. JK modifies all over the place.

The real problem is the cell border. JK renumbers a lot of border triangles. There's a link table that connects border triangles by number. That means NPCs will be walking along, and suddenly try to step from one cell edge into a renumbered triangle in the middle of the next cell. The game engine doesn't like this.

Solitude is even worse. JK has cell border links that jump to 4 NON-EXISTANT adjacent triangles, given its own navmesh changes. (Must have made changes and then deleted them and didn't Finalize.) You'll CtD every time!

Also, there are new navmesh islands in WinterholdExterior01. This is a place an NPC will get stuck, because they cannot move, having no links to an adjacent triangle.

All in all, JK Skyrim may be pretty, but adds a lot of incompatibilities and wasn't navmeshed well.

• Like 1

Speaking as another author, yes, always check against each new version of the Unofficial Patches. I'm still making periodic updates for compatibility.

I've had a number of reports of incompatibility between JK's Skyrim and Touring Carriages. So I checked today. USLEEP modified one triangle vertex in 000f1a86. JK modifies all over the place.

The real problem is the cell border. JK renumbers a lot of border triangles. There's a link table that connects border triangles by number. That means NPCs will be walking along, and suddenly try to step from one cell edge into a renumbered triangle in the middle of the next cell. The game engine doesn't like this.

Solitude is even worse. JK has cell border links that jump to 4 NON-EXISTANT adjacent triangles, given its own navmesh changes. (Must have made changes and then deleted them and didn't Finalize.) You'll CtD every time!

Also, there are new navmesh islands in WinterholdExterior01. This is a place an NPC will get stuck, because they cannot move, having no links to an adjacent triangle.

All in all, JK Skyrim may be pretty, but adds a lot of incompatibilities and wasn't navmeshed well.

Thanks so much for the explanation. That makes sense, although I I've never had a CTD in Solitude or any city altered by JK's Skyrim (major cities only, so I haven't had the Winterhold problem in my game) in over a year of play, probably because I don't combine mods that alter the same things or cells (other than USLEEP of course) and don't visit Solitude that often, preferring to hang out in the other cities.

I've gone ahead and switched to JK Lite and made a patch for myself to move all the specific features from JK full that I liked that were missing in JK lite (mostly just a few trees in Whiterun, a statue in Ruften and some lights and arches in Markarth). And the whole thing is working well now, with even better performance.

Thanks again for your detailed explanation of the problem. Much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Version 3.0.6 of USLEEP is now in beta. Second post has the details. We anticipate this open beta should last for about a week, maybe longer depending.

Checked Solitude Sawmill, watched for a game day, and without those 2 log packages that I gave you and the tweak to his schedule, Kharag doesn't saw at night nor talk to Jorunn in the evening. Your Work package has him stand and sit at markers in the vicinity, but he never pulls the levers in my game.

I've not checked all the sawmills, and so far every one I've checked has a pair of sawing packages. [Edit: checked them all, and this is the only one missing them.]

Checked HalfMoon Mill. Hert is working great in 3.0.6 beta.

OTOH, Hern only sometimes works the mill. You moved his sandbox [83d22] WorkIdleMarker up to the left side of the mill (in 3.0.5), as it was much too far away. But the vanilla [83d23] SandboxWorking radius is 512 -- and you also added a new condition radius of "less than 512"  to both Hern's [83d21] LoadLog and [83d1e] SawLog. So he walks up to the outer distance, and randomly isn't quite close enough to the levers. Change the [83d23] SandboxWorking radius to 256  and it will work better.

I'd also move the sandbox  [83d22] WorkIdleMarker over to the right side of the mill, equidistant between the 2 levers, where it is on some other mills.

Checked Heartwood Mill. You increased the [74690] HeartwoodMillGrostaSawmillSandbox0x0 radius from 256 to 512. (I cannot find this in the log.) Oops! Same problem as above, needs to stay 256. Worse, you added "less than 256" to both the [7468c] Load and [74691] Saw packages. Again, make those 512.

Also, move the [746c9] HeartwoodMillIdleMarker up to the right side of the mill (it is out in the yard), equidistant between the 2 levers, matching my HalfMoon suggestion above. Now this should work!

Beta updated with refinements for the AI packs, and fixing another node on the Darklight Tower quest that got missed.

Oh, right. I'll have to see if I can get him to unlock that again. I had it locked out when their site upgrade mangled the upload controls and wouldn't let me update stuff.

Verified Solitude Sawmill and HalfMoon Mill now working (in my recent game). Didn't have a recent save with Heartwood Mill, so I'll have to check that later. Thanks!

Everything looks fine on the things I've posted/commented on, except for 0006885A in SolitudeExterior03, it's still a little high up, I suggest a z-value of around -10885

Everything looks fine on the things I've posted/commented on, except for 0006885A in SolitudeExterior03, it's still a little high up, I suggest a z-value of around -10885

It's corrected now. Thanks.

Beta updated with refinements for the AI packs, and fixing another node on the Darklight Tower quest that got missed.

Oo

I just saw this and read the changelog, and I'm so thankful for that fix !!! The last time I played Skyrim was in February and I stopped it because I had this bug with Repentance. I even posted about this in the USLEEP thread (not in TracDown because it was during the beta) : http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4276-relzwipz-unofficial-skyrim-legendary-edition-patch-usleep/page-9#entry159241

Since I didn't get any answer I supposed that it was only me who had this bug, because of a mod conflict probably, and I didn't insist. But I was so disappointed by this bug that I stopped playing Skyrim. I'm so glad you finally found and fixed this issue ! You rock ! Thank you so much ! :)

P.S. Now time to dig in my backups to see if I can find these saves... ;)

Heh, just think, if you'd put it in Tracdown in February, it would have been fixed back then :P

Ha ha true, I should have done that ! Again, thank you for your awesome and dedicated work. Almost 5 years that Skyrim was released, and your team still fixes a bunch of issues. Tamriel is a better place, thanks to you. :)

• 5 weeks later...

USLEEP 3.0.7 is now in beta. We anticipate this going live next week around the time Skyrim Special Edition does. While this is being tested by those willing to help out, I'm going to be working on getting this transferred to SSE and try to have it available for launch as well.

• 2 weeks later...

USLEEP version 3.0.7 has been released. Enjoy!

Take note - the address to our bug tracker has changed. The link in the OP has been updated as well as the changelog document and the "look up a bug" box in it.

I'm getting Error #7 (incorrect PW) in new bug tracker even when PW is correct. Should I just reset PW or is this a temporary quirk? Can't login in new tracker 2nd day now.

On another browser I get "Error #23: User or group not enabled for login." (with same info).

You have to do the password reset. The password systems between Flyspray and IPB are not compatible.