[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch [USLEEP]

Arthmoor

Yes, and both of the last 2 years as well. We're probably doomed to repeat it again in 2017 :P

I just downloaded it from AFK and it seemed to download fine. Much faster than downloading from Nexus. I assume there are no issues upgrading from 3.0.1 on an existing save.

Ugh. Folks, I'm telling you, get cure insurance! February is CURSED.

Two sneak trainers and one lockpick trainer got fubared when the CK saved data for the 3.0.2 hotfix. So the hotfix now need a hotfix. Can this month possibly get any worse? I don't want to find out :|

Ugh. Folks, I'm telling you, get cure insurance! February is CURSED.

Two sneak trainers and one lockpick trainer got fubared when the CK saved data for the 3.0.2 hotfix. So the hotfix now need a hotfix. Can this month possibly get any worse? I don't want to find out :|

Beware, February is one day longer this year !  :imp:

FYI:

The Dark Souls perk fix that went in 3.0.1 (#19812 - http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/tracdown/issue/19812-dark-souls-perk-not-working-correctly-on-some-reanimation-spells/)is a fix for a bug that doesn't exist. The extra effect PerkDarkSoulsReanimateEffect on Reanimate Corpse doesn't do anything and was harmless, being a zero-magnitude Restore Health effect, basically, with no script attached. The +100 buff is applied via the perk directly, which has an "Apply Reanimate Spell" entry point to add the effect PerkDarkSoulsZombieBonus on any reanimated corpses. This can be easily verified in a few minutes in-game by inspecting the AVs directly, or looking in the CK/TES5Edit. Raise Zombie, Reanimate Corpse, Revenant, Dread Zombie, and Dead Thrall all worked with the Dark Souls perk correctly already, without this fix and without (PerkDarkSouls(DreadZombie|Revenant|Zombie|DeadThrall)Effect) being added to them.

Also, while PerkDarkSoulsReanimateEffect for Reanimate Corpse has no actual effect and is basically harmless afaict, the other analogous effects which are now added by USLEEP use the PerkDarkPotencyScript script on the effect, which adds a variable buff in addition to the proper buff already added by the perk itself.

The actual error to be corrected here is that PerkDarkSoulsReanimateEffect was left on Reanimate Corpse and should be removed, not that these effects should be added to everything else.

I have raised a bug ticket to revert this: http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/tracdown/issue/19937-dark-souls-perk-was-already-working-correctly-on-all-reanimation-spells/

Arthmoor, don't release your hotfix too fast. I found at least 10 voice actings that were lost at some point (I don't know if it was for 3.0.2 release or prior, though).

@Blue: It obviously can't get any worse now, so we may as well bag that up when the scene in Dawnstar gets fixed.

@Nico: Uh, which ones?

Yet another hotfix....

USLEEP Fixes

• The Dawnstar scene with Brina Merilis and Jarl Skald would not activate properly because of a reversed AI condition check on their packages. (Bug #19939)
  • The fix for the Dark Souls perk not applying properly to reanimated corpses was actually done backward. The one spell that had the extra effect actually needs to have that removed and the others we previously edited need to be reverted back to their previous states. (Bug #19937)
  • 9 voice files for taunts that were tied to deleted records were accidentally left out during the initial USLEEP merge.

Thanks Arthmoor, sorry that this month has been such a mess for you. Now I think this is the proper place to put this, but if not then feel free to move it into it's own thread. Some random mod user pointed out that there were a couple inconsistencies between Deadly Dragons and the current version of USLEEP (and I'm guessing edits made by the USKP and UDGP). I need to know if I can just carry these edits over in xEdit and resave the plugin, or if it calls for more invasive work.

There is only one edit I'm concerned about (the rest are self explanatory);

•  Non-Player Character (Actor) - DLC1Durneviir ---- It looks like the UDGP/USLEEP has attached it's own script to this guy? If you could help me out and explain what I need to do (if it's resolvable in xEdit) to carry forward USLEEP's fixes and DD's attached scripts, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm sure I could figure it out through trial and error, but I'd rather make informed changes than guesstimates.

I realize you aren't a walking encyclopedia of all +20,000 bugs that have been submitted for Skyrim and its DLC's, but any insight would be appreciated very much. Trying to bring DD up to the current age and out of 2013.. To the best of my abilities anyways.

Durneviir has a separate script to bypass the logic for soul absorption since he isn't supposed to have that happen, and his summoned versions would get stuck and linger forever without the change. I don't know what Deadly Dragons is doing with the script so I don't know what ought to be done, if anything.

Yes, DragonFaction and DraugrFaction need to be marked as friends since they appear at several sites together and without that change, they end up fighting with each other.

And hopefully Talos sees fit to stop testing us :P

Durneviir has a separate script to bypass the logic for soul absorption since he isn't supposed to have that happen, and his summoned versions would get stuck and linger forever without the change. I don't know what Deadly Dragons is doing with the script so I don't know what ought to be done, if anything.

Yes, DragonFaction and DraugrFaction need to be marked as friends since they appear at several sites together and without that change, they end up fighting with each other.

And hopefully Talos sees fit to stop testing us :P

We haven't done anything with the vanilla scripting, just attached one of our own to the damage/health/etc values that are controlled via MCM menu. If I'm understanding it right it should be only a couple clicks in xEdit to copy the USLEEP changes.

<p>

Yet another hotfix....

USLEEP Fixes

• The Dawnstar scene with Brina Merilis and Jarl Skald would not activate properly because of a reversed AI condition check on their packages. (Bug #19939)
  • The fix for the Dark Souls perk not applying properly to reanimated corpses was actually done backward. The one spell that had the extra effect actually needs to have that removed and the others we previously edited need to be reverted back to their previous states. (Bug #19937)
  • 9 voice files for taunts that were tied to deleted records were accidentally left out during the initial USLEEP merge.

I feel your pain. Judging from the nexus comments, it seems for every legit complaint about a USLEEP issue, there are additionaly ten others in the vein of "now that USLEEP is finally confirmed to be buggy, surely you must be the reason for my CTDs"

Yep, though that happens even when there's not an overblown hotfix panic because "it was the last mod I put in" and then they leave out that it was the last one of 50 others they don't have sorted correctly or cleaned or whatever.

It might seem like we dismiss things too easily but we DO check the reports to make sure they're legit. Most turn out not to be, occasionally someone actually reports a vanilla bug, and once in awhile an old regression pops up that we should fix.

When we officially side with one of the two Civil War sides then shouldn't we at least be able to take certain things from our Civil War side's camps (e.g. the Potions in the wounded tent) without stealing them? 

It should be stealing if you take things from the Opposing Side's camp (e.g. Stormcloak camp if you're an Imperial) and if you haven't chose a side and take things from either of the sides of the Civil Wars camps.  But taking certain things for the Civil War side that we picked shouldn't be stealing.

We did correct some of those because the developers added ownership to them in certain camps but not in all of them. In other words, it was inconsistent. Our fixes set them to whichever faction the developers used, so I'd have to check to see how that works exactly. Even though I do see your point, I'm not sure if it would be within the bounds of the project to change them to another faction and am not positive what you're asking can be done with the available choices. The civil war stuff is quite a complicated mess.

EDIT: Pretty much like I thought. The camps use CWFieldCoFaction and CWQuartermasters faction for ownership of items in the camps; both of the which the player never actually becomes a member of. The only other available option that I can see would be to use CWImperialFaction or CWSonsFaction, but those are far too broad and encompass too many NPCs which would basically make it pointless to even bother having ownership set at all. Unless we were to create a new faction (which probably would be out of the question given the mess it could create) or add something to the civil war script (probably also out of the question), I can't really think of a better way to handle this than the way the developers already have it.

Sorry if I am missing something obvious, but this mod causes my game to crash instantly when I have it enabled. I am pretty sure I have all of the requirements to use it. My version of Skyrim is up to date, and I have hearthfire, dragonborn, and Dawngaurd installed. However for whatever reason this mod will cause my game in instantly close when I open it. I am sure it's this mod, because when I disabled the mod in my mod manger the bug went away. I installed it using the Nexus mod manager. What am I doing wrong? Sorry I am a bit of noob when it comes to mods.

Main menu crashes basically have a couple of causes:

1. Missing masters - meaning you may have patches that want the old files but you're using USLEEP. They'll need to be updated.

2. Bad translation files. We don't provide anything other than the English version, so if you happen to be using a translation in another language you'll need to ask the people who made it.

3. Automated patch files like the Bashed Patch, SkyProc stuff, ASIS, FNIS, DynDOLOD, etc may need to be reprocessed because they're referencing bad forms.

• 2 weeks later...

Arthmoor I think I found something which has been undone

Bannermist Tower rock problem

http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/tracdown/issue/16904-bannermist-tower-rock-without-collision/

It is now marked as a duplicate, the duplicate issue is here

http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/tracdown/issue/15897-hollow-stone-on-the-hills-mountainpeak02nif/

And the duplicated issue is marked as fixed

However in the most recent USLEEP ..

IVCL4R1.jpg

I still haven't figured out how to post to the bugtracker. However a couple of the paragon gems do not have any bounds set on them.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone ever seen Grosta actually cutting logs at Heartwood Mill or is Grosta just meant to stand by the side of the mill when she is outside?  Whenever I visit there Grosta is always standing by the side of the mill all-day after she leaves her home to the time she goes back in her home. Every other lumberjack that access to a mill that I have seen in Skyrim, I have seen cutting logs.  (Looking at her in TES5Edit 3.12 I don't see any problems with Grosta as she has a green background with purple text.) Grosta just feels glitched to me when come to her cutting logs seeing as I never see her doing that even though cutting and loading is part of her packages.

Is this quote in text and speech (in picture) that is said by the reavers both a typo error and a speech error?  I mean it can read that the farmer lied to the reaver by telling them that his (the farmer's) daughter would wait for the reaver but it can also be read that a female farmer lied to the reaver about waiting for them and thus would mean that the wrong pronoun is being used by the reavers saying the quote. 

hBFOnbN.jpg

Either way one thing is for certain from the quote is the fact that reavers want revenge on farmers for lying to them.

Is this quote in text and speech (in picture) that is said by the reavers both a typo error and a speech error?

hBFOnbN.jpg

I don't know much about Skyrim scripts, but I know enough in general to assure you this isn't a mistake. The "filthy farmer" is the one who got frisky with the "she" in question. The only error I see here is hating the player instead of the game...

The beta version for USLEEP 3.0.3 is up. Second post has the details. Expect at least a 2 week testing period before we're ready to go live.

I may have found an old, very old, unnecessary or unproperly removed modification. Probably Kivan's work when looking at its age. Or maybe it's just me that don't understand its purpose :huh:  :

USKP v1.0 - (2012-04-07)

Quest Fixes
  • Vekel The Man's (Riften Thieves Guild) quest to retrieve Arondil's Journals will now pay the player the intended reward, will properly remove the items at quest end, and if the player finds the journals prior to getting the quest Vekel will have appropriate dialog rather than dialog that only makes sense if he gave the quest first [stricken portion - Official Patch 1.9]

Topic 000A3117 \ Sentence 000A3124 :

• original text and voice actingGood. I was hoping you hadn't forgotten about it. with neutral emotion, which seems correct to me as you bring back Arondil journals to Vekel and he expects them.
  • USLEEP text and voice acting : I can't believe it. You have them already? with surprise emotion, which doesn't make sense imo as we already have topic 000A311A / sentence 000A311F for this...  :huh: