[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch [USLEEP]

Arthmoor

Hi

I have Skyrim standard edition with none of the DLC apart from the free texture pack update. But this patch says the DLC is mandatory. I assume that means I cannot use this patch? Is there an alternative version that does not require me to buy all the DLC.

There is, only available on Nexus, but we no longer provide any support for it. It's now over 2 years out of date and will only become moreso as time goes on. You'd really be better off nabbing SSE on a Steam sale and going from there. They won't be putting individual DLCs on sale anymore.

Apologies for placing this here, as opposed to bug report section - you might want to consider this:

Under Location record for Skyrim.esm and Hearthfires.esm (record 0005E0FD) in xEdit, Honeyside has the keyword: LocTypeInn [KYWD:0001CB87], when it should be: LocTypeHouse [KYWD:0001CB85]

I cannot see anything pointing to this as other than a mistake. The developer assigned to this section probably just entered the wrong value without realizing it (as a former game designer/developer, albeit back in the boardgame era, I know how easy it is to enter the wrong values when going through a list - and not catch it before release).  It is not currently fixed by the Unofficial patches.

Thanks for everything - great job!

That issue was fixed way back in 2012 in UHFP v.1.0.1 (which is also included in USLEEP).

Location data for Honeyside in Riften was erroneously tagged with LocTypeInn.

Hearthfire bug? When I fast travelled back to Lakeview Manor, some bandits spawned in the space occupied by the house, so I couldn't get at them. I could hear them talking and once they realized I was there, enemy targets showed up on my HUD, but I couldn't interact with them until I entered the house and then exited again. After that, they were outside and I could deal with them. I have a save just before I fast travelled to Lakeview and it happens every single time, so I can pass along that file if needed.

We're aware of it but have no idea why it happens. There should be no way for it to be possible since all of the spawn points they use are outside the building area and are on valid navmeshes. So it doesn't make any sense.

In the base game (i.e. without Hearthfires installed), are there any spawn points in the place where the house is supposed to be once Hearthfires gets installed ? If so, what happens when you move them out of the way (i.e. edit it in the base game and then let the DLC overwrite those changes - well, if that's possible at all) ?

There are 3 leveled predator markers there but those are being disabled when the house parts start being built. There are no bandit spawn markers of any sort, and no location reftype markers in the house are at all until HF is active. For SSE this should obviously not even be an issue, but the reports of it persist.

This one is a stretch, but would you consider replacing the rock warbler nest at Windstad Manor with a hawk nest? I think this is a mistake by Bethesda because Rock Warblers make their nests on the ground, not in trees or on roof tops. You can also find hawk feathers around the nest. Not a biggie since chicken eggs have the same effects, so it's just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...

This one is a bug: periodically, bandits spawn where Lakeview Manor stands so the only way to get at them is to toggle collision so I can walk through the walls, or move them to my location outside. I have a saved game in which this has occurred. I also have a screenshot that shows one of the three way up in the air outside the manor. Would you like my saved game and screenshot?

Can i ask you? USLEEP fix such scenes as WhiterunHouseGrayManeScene1-2, WhiterunBraithLarsScene1-3 and others (game developers forgot to put "Begin on quest start\Stop quest on end"), but it doesn't fix scenes in quests such as:
DialogueRiftenGrandPlazaScene25
DialogueRiftenGrandPlazaScene22
DialogueRiftenGrandPlazaScene21
DialogueRiftenGrandPlazaScene19
DialogueRiftenGrandPlazaScene18
DialogueSolitudeMarketplaceSilanaAdvarScene1
DialogueRiftenKeepScene01Alternate01 (02\03\04\05\06\07\08)
... etc.
What is the reason?

• 4 weeks later...

USLEEP 3.0.11 is now in beta. Second post has the details. We would anticipate about a week or so before this goes live.

54 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

USLEEP 3.0.11 is now in beta. Second post has the details. We would anticipate about a week or so before this goes live.

Just curious.  I assume there won't be more than 2-3 probably up to 5 updates left before USLEEP are being *abandoned* by the USKP team due to for bug fixing an old game and Skyrim Classic is an old game.

USLEEP 3.0.11 is now live. Enjoy!

Also, we're on hiatus until after the holidays.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting question here:

HOW many total fixes are included in USLEEP? Like in the whole package? That would included the fixes carried over from the 4 DLC based patches when the Legendary patch was made.

I would like to know the number...

It's huge. There are 14259 lines of text in the changelog. Not all of which is listing an actual bug in each case due to HTML formatting. That would be the high side estimate.

SQL query to the tracker returns 10019 tickets in total for USLEEP for as far back as we're able to track. So that would be the low side estimate.

We don't have a real number to pin it down to from there, so it's somewhere between 10K and 14K.

• 2 months later...

USLEEP 3.0.12 is now in beta. Second post has the details.

We'd like to also make everyone aware that we are going to be ceasing updates to USLEEP after the next version, 3.0.13. We believe that SSE has matured enough to justify cutting out this part of our workload which often leads to duplicate work and potential mistakes. Not to mention the time factor involved in trying to maintain a forked project when not even Bethesda themselves is continuing to support LE. I'm sure not everyone will be happy with this decision, but it's for the good of the project, and the sanity of the team that we finally put the outdated and obsolete engine to rest.

So count on one last update, hopefully where as much as we can get at is capped off before moving on, but one thing is certain: We are moving on, and so should you.

I wonder if the "Alduin is Real" book, found in the College of Winterhold, has been corrected for the mispelled "ritings" word when is quite obvious it should be "writings"?

20180207165333_1.thumb.jpg.df81b61898467e4790bd65dc3819e7d8.jpg

Looking at that, it's a little obvious it was written by someone simple-minded. There's mispelled words all through it. Looks intended and not a typo.

I've taken a long break, awaiting skse64. I'd even bought a new machine with NVidia 1080 in early 2017 to run SE, as my old 570 wasn't up to the task. That means I've now purchased two machines to run Skyrim, but have yet to finish the game (or even the main quests). The only other thing I play regularly is Civilization, where I've played the whole series, and lately mostly the Mac version.

But skse64 still isn't out of beta. Now I wish I'd waited a year for that new machine. I'd hope that we don't kill off LE until skse64 is complete, as so many things (other than this) are dependent upon it.

In the meantime, back in 2014 I'd started an inventory of all the navmesh cells that were missing "found" flags in some triangles. That always means the triangle isn't connected to adjacent triangles. (I'd gifted a script to TES5Edit.) I'd even made some fixes, but it turned out to be a huge task.

Would it be worthwhile for me to work on LE navmesh fixes before we give up here, or should I wait until SE-only?

At this stage of things SKSE64 is alpha in name only. It's feature complete and there are no bugs of late that anyone has been reporting. If the pattern they've followed in the past holds, it may be labeled as alpha for years like NVSE was before someone finally decided it was ok.

If you want to be sure these navmesh fixes get in before USLEEP stops being updated, then yes, it would be worthwhile to work on them. I'd estimate that the next update will probably be in April or something depending on how quickly we can get moved out of this house and into a new one and have internet and such set up there.

USLEEP 3.0.12 is now out of beta. Enjoy!

And remember, 3.0.13 will be the last USLEEP version released before we move on to exclusively supporting SSE.