[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch [USLEEP]

Arthmoor

-1 rank is used for dialogue recording; the actor is considered to be both in and not in a faction, so that all dialogue is exported for recording.

Lydia actually should have -1 rank in PotentialMarriageFaction, as she's only supposed to be available if the player buys Breezehome, and a script adds her to the faction on purchase.

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno if anyone have notice the same thing as I did when doing the Kindred Judgement quest.

If the player haven't asked Isran "What can I do to help ?" before starting the Kindred Judgement quest then the Bolstering the Ranks quest could be impossible to finish, because the player can never ask Isran where Florentius is once the player gets a journal update at Fort Dawnguard and arrived in front of the entrance of Castle Volkihar.

If that happen, how could the player know what Gunmar and Sorine will say, especially Sorine since she is the only one I think, who will start the Bolstering the Ranks quest.  Although, I could talk to both Gunmar and Sorine before everyone rushed out and headed for Castle Volkihar then started Sorine's misc quest, but I couldn't talk to Isran about where to find Florentius.

That doesn't make sense and I think Isran's dialogue needs to be quest filtered, so the player can start the Bolstering the Ranks quest properly at Fort Dawnguard when having the Kindred Judgement quest active and not before starting the Kindred Judgement quest.

Version 3.0.5 of USLEEP has been released, there will be no beta period for this one as all of the changes were either trivial or have been tested internally and found to work.

The middle large sack, shown in the picture, in Druadach Redoubt cannot be activated.  That large sack can only be activated via the "tcl" command in the console and I did this in my previous game.

20160729121612 1

Thanks Pete. :)

I also notice these bugs near the entrance to Bloodskal Barrow at the end in the Raven Rock Mine.

20160730134919 1

Some people say that a picture like this is the same as a thousand words.

20160730135212 1

It's almost impossible to pick up the soul gems near the arcane enchanter without standing on top of the arcane enchanter or using the console.

EDIT:  I almost forgot to mention more bugs I found through my travels across Skyrim.  Anyway, these pictures were taken as soon I notice it in-game.

20160720160837 1

Here, in Whiterun, lies a dead challanger six feet down. :P

I've never notice this issue before until I started my current game.

20160721145218 1

This spot is close to the Tower Stone.

I think I discovered an undocumented change which isn't mentioned in the complete change-log (not just latest patch):

0010acb5 - this note in Honningbrew Meadery USLEEP renames from "Have Need of Cynric" to "Maven Black-Briar's Offer" but I could not find any record of it.

It got me confused for a good hour while collecting lose ends in my game before I figured it out  :geek:. Pretty sure it's USLEEP that done it because loading the game without it gives the note back its vanilla name. Btw, I am not questioning the change itself, just the missing record of it.

Apologies if this is in wrong section.

I think I discovered an undocumented change which isn't mentioned in the complete change-log (not just latest patch):

0010acb5 - this note in Honningbrew Meadery USLEEP renames from "Have Need of Cynric" to "Maven Black-Briar's Offer" but I could not find any record of it.

It got me confused for a good hour while collecting lose ends in my game before I figured it out  :geek:. Pretty sure it's USLEEP that done it because loading the game without it gives the note back its vanilla name. Btw, I am not questioning the change itself, just the missing record of it.

Arthmoor has added it to the change log now. It's listed under Text Fixes in USKP v1.1.

During The Silver Hand quest shouldn't the Whiterun NPCs be hiding inside their homes, inns, etc hiding from the PC whom has turned into a werewolf?

Also, if the PC were to kill the White Stag in a town without a gate (e.g. Riverwood or Falkreath) assuming that White Stag runs there while being chased in Ill Met By Moonlight and the PC turns into a werewolf in the ungated town via the Cursed Ring of Hircine be added and equiped after talking to the White Stag then shouldn't that town's NPCs (Except for the Guards) be hiding in their homes rather than everyone turning hostile and attacking the player?

The NPCs will already hide inside from vampires (I assume that they also hide from the PC if the PC is a vampire) if When Vampires Attacks is installed and hide inside from  dragon attacks if Run For Your Lives is installed.  The NPCs will also run and hide inside if the civil war going on and Whiterun, Windhelm and Solitude is attacked.

Shouldn't NPCs run and hide inside from werewolves as well?

You're asking in the wrong forum section if you want to know if that's supposed to happen because Bethesda didn't add the functionality for anything but locking them indoors for CW battles. The dumb behavior they present is not a bug.

Is there any adverse effect to extracting the magicsoultrapfxscript from the Skyrim Misc bsa and installing it in the Scripts folder to override the USLEEP changes to this script?  I want black soul gems/black star to hold all types of souls and this appears to be the way to do it.

Before doing that, I wanted to check here and ask if there are any unintended adverse consequences to doing this.  Thanks.

Is there any adverse effect to extracting the magicsoultrapfxscript from the Skyrim Misc bsa and installing it in the Scripts folder to override the USLEEP changes to this script?  I want black soul gems/black star to hold all types of souls and this appears to be the way to do it.

Before doing that, I wanted to check here and ask if there are any unintended adverse consequences to doing this.  Thanks.

Recently, I posted a Quick Q & A thread for such questions like yours. :)

Recently, I posted a Quick Q & A thread for such questions like yours. :)

Thanks.  I will go ahead and ask there.  I was asking here because its sort of a USLEEP specific questions.  

USLEEP is a big complex mod and I'm not sure whether some other part of USLEEP was relying on the changes to this script in some way that would cause a problem if I reverted this change.

It is a specific USLEEP question.

Here is the specific bug report where we 'fixed' it.

And this is from the change log;

The Soul Trap script has been bulletproofed against the possibility of other mods modifying the properties on one of the various Soul Trap effects so that they won't cause an infinite loop with no exit. This *IS NOT* a problem if you were either using no Soul Trap mods or had not yet used the spell after the 2.0.1 update. (Bug #14854)

Sounds kinda serious.

It is a specific USLEEP question.

Here is the specific bug report where we 'fixed' it.

And this is from the change log;

Sounds kinda serious.

I read that change as fixing an earlier USKP edit from version 2.01:

• Soul Trap visuals will no longer stick to inanimate objects. (Bug #7167)
  • Soul Trap will no longer be castable on a dead NPC, which resulted in an endless exploit for conjuration gains. (UESP)
  • Soul trapping black souls (NPCs) into the white version of Azura's Star has been mentioned as being impossible by in game dialogue, printed in game information sources, and all known lore from the TES series as well as published game guides. Regular black soul gems should also only accept the souls of NPCs (black souls) and is mentioned in all of the same lore material as being this way. This major discrepancy should now be fixed. Azura's Black Star and other regular black soul gems should now be the only ones able to trap black souls. (Bug #14194)

Does the infinite loop problem occur with the vanilla script?   I read it as only occurring with the old 2.01 USKP fix to one of these "fixes".  

I don't really care one way or the other about  bug #7167 or the exploit for conjuration gains.  Just want to figure out the easiest way to reverse the fix for Bug #14194.

-1 rank is used for dialogue recording; the actor is considered to be both in and not in a faction, so that all dialogue is exported for recording.

Lydia actually should have -1 rank in PotentialMarriageFaction, as she's only supposed to be available if the player buys Breezehome, and a script adds her to the faction on purchase.

It should be 0 for Lydia otherwise I wouldn't have to do this via the console, especially when I already own Breezehome.  However, I didn't own Breezehome when I finish the Dragon Rising quest though.

Although Lydia is in the PotentialMarriageFaction, she must be added to that faction manually with a console command addfac 19809 1 in order to enable the marriage dialogue.

Don't take anything UESP says as gospel. Their bug reports are not validated properly and their solutions are dodgy at best. Especially since 90% of them tell you to use console commands and those are known to cause further issues later in the game.

I don't think this is a bug, but perhaps it's something that the devs forgot to finish and what I am referring to is this dialogue for Neloth.

20160803003705 1

So I asked myself where is my bed and chest.

20160803010036 1

Is it this chest in this corner?

I saw this on the road just north east of Falkreth.

20160803123133 1

20160803123144 1

Is this hunter bugged or does the road not have collision, regardless what it is it looks funny in-game?

So I asked myself where is my bed and chest.

According to the change log the bed and chest only get added after completing the quest Old Friends. Looks like this was fixed way back in 2013 (UDBP 1.0.3).

After Old Friends (DLC2TT2), Neloth will tell the player that Tel Mithryn will keep a bed and chest for them there but these rewards never show up. (Bug #11931)

Is it this chest in this corner?

That's not the one, no. The player's bed and chest are near some crates to the right of the enchanting room. This screenshot is from the Creation Kit but it should give you a good enough idea where they appear in the game.

Is this hunter bugged or does the road not have collision, regardless what it is it looks funny in-game?

It's not a collision issue in the road but it does look like he's bugged. I've seen that type of thing before on a few occasions and I think it's a random engine issue. Leaving the area and coming back should fix it.

In your last screenshot, that's a road piece. Most of the roads in the game aren't part of the terrain itself and are instead placed pieces (kind of like a puzzle in a way). Some of them look a bit odd like that because it's next to impossible to place them on non-level surfaces and have them look perfectly aligned at the same time. I know we fixed a number of the ones that were really baldy placed but there's only so much that can be done in a lot of cases.

According to the change log the bed and chest only get added after completing the quest Old Friends. Looks like this was fixed way back in 2013 (UDBP 1.0.3).

After Old Friends (DLC2TT2), Neloth will tell the player that Tel Mithryn will keep a bed and chest for them there but these rewards never show up. (Bug #11931)

That's not the one, no. The player's bed and chest are near some crates to the right of the enchanting room. This screenshot is from the Creation Kit but it should give you a good enough idea where they appear in the game.

I've already done that quest and despite that I can't figure it out where the bed is, if a bed even exist for the player.

I think that bed is for Tavlas since the bed is owned, but if that bed shown in your picture is for the player then the bed has wrong ownership and needs to be fixed.

I've already done that quest and despite that I can't figure it out where the bed is, if a bed even exist for the player.

I think that bed is for Tavlas since the bed is owned, but if that bed shown in your picture is for the player then the bed has wrong ownership and needs to be fixed.

Did some testing on this and I discovered that on one of my old saves, the bed and chest didn't show up yet either even though I had completed "Old Friends" (DLC2TT2). Traveling away from Solstheim and then traveling back to Tel Mithryn several times fixed it for me [screenshot]. According to Arthmoor: "The event (meaning the bed and chest appearing) is set to trigger either when you LEAVE or when you are traveling from place to place somewhere OTHER than Tel Mithryn". Again, it took me a few tries before they actually showed up so see if that solves the issue for you.

Did some testing on this and I discovered that on one of my old saves, the bed and chest didn't show up yet either even though I had completed "Old Friends" (DLC2TT2). Traveling away from Solstheim and then traveling back to Tel Mithryn several times fixed it for me [screenshot]. According to Arthmoor: "The event (meaning the bed and chest appearing) is set to trigger either when you LEAVE or when you are traveling from place to place somewhere OTHER than Tel Mithryn". Again, it took me a few tries before they actually showed up so see if that solves the issue for you.

I think such a solution would be better as a separate mod rather then have a fix for it in USLEEP.

USLEEP fixes bugs. Your bed & chest not showing up after Neloth said you're getting it is a bug. This is not up for debate.