Son of Random Stuff

Arthmoor

I'm actually sort of looking forward to one of you two reviewing BG:ee for the rest of us shmucks who couldn't raise the few bucks to get a copy of it ahead of time. I'm kinda considering buying myself a copy for Channukah...

Beth, you say? Isn't she that girl Gene Simmons sang about? ;)

You and John Lennon were both dreamers, eh? :P

Ironically enough, Davaeorn was relatively easy to deal with. Granted, there was only one of him and Neera can cast her magic missile fast enough to put him out for a turn. Long enough for the fighters to close in and put him down. Not without being heavily damaged though, because WTF, the dude can still cast even though he's being savagely pummeled?

It's later fights where there are 2 and 3 mages involved that end up ugly messes with dead party members everywhere.

I even got past Durlag's Tower without incident this time because they fixed the bug that trapped me there in the original version.

Well then I'll see what I can do on that front once I've polished off the last bit of content that I never even saw in the original. Thanks Durlag's Tower bug.

I'd love to see a review of BG:EE too. Also did I see that there's a BG II:EE? I saw a forum on sorcerers.net.

Yes there will be, they have the rights to release both BG and BG2 enhanced (but currently no rights to even look at Icewind Dale 1 and 2, nor Planescape Torment, doing so will cause their eyes to be burnt to a crisp). I pre-ordered BG EE and I have installed it but have no plans to play it for a while yet, I'll wait for lots of patches to be released first.

I'm replaying The 7th Guest instead! And I'm stuck in the kitchen...

Ooh...I remember that game as one that I wanted to play, but my mom didn't think it was appropriate for a ten year old. Does it run on Win7 or do you need an emulator?

I'd just as soon not see them bother with redoing Icewind Dale anyway. I rage quit both of them for excessively difficult combat. Planescape though, that simply MUST get remade or there is no God.

Ooh...I remember that game as one that I wanted to play, but my mom didn't think it was appropriate for a ten year old. Does it run on Win7 or do you need an emulator?

The 7th Guest and The 11th Hour were both recently re-released, repackaged using the ScummVM emulator engine to play them, so they run perfectly on Windows 7 without any need to fiddle around with compatibility or other settings. Ten might be a little young for playing them, but you're a few years older now so I think it'll be okay.

The 7th Guest and The 11th Hour were both recently re-released, repackaged using the ScummVM emulator engine to play them, so they run perfectly on Windows 7 without any need to fiddle around with compatibility or other settings. Ten might be a little young for playing them, but you're a few years older now so I think it'll be okay.

Just barely though... whistle.gif

Just barely though... whistle.gif

psychocookie.gif

FYI, anyone planning a purchase of BG:EE, they're patching like mad. So you may want to wait to buy in. Especially those of you who like to follow the romance quests. Two of the new NPCs have them, and the one I followed is bugged but not yet fixed.

Sounds like I'll be waiting for a bit, then. (In the meantime, I probably ought to replay the original two, given that it's been years since I touched them. And then I'll play NWN. And then I'll go on a massive nostalgic game binge.)

Sounds like I'll be waiting for a bit, then. (In the meantime, I probably ought to replay the original two, given that it's been years since I touched them. And then I'll play NWN. And then I'll go on a massive nostalgic game binge.)

If you're planning on buying BGEE soonish then there's not really much point in replaying BG first, surely?

There is if you want to see the differences. In my case, 13 years between plays is probably too long for that comparison to be useful :)

And yet, bizarrely, I am now sober after doing the washing up - when I think I was still drunk.

I went out for a boozy evening that turned into a boozy dinner with some lecturers in the History department - 12 arrived at the pub, only 4 made it to the end of dinner.

I am hardcore!

OK - the weirdest thing?

I thought I got "spelling" wrong - but I didn't. How drunk was I?