Son of Random Stuff

Arthmoor

That they have. So much so that it's unwise to delete an old version of something before you're sure the new one is up.Also, for F:NV junkies, looks like New Vegas Error Corrections turned out to cause more errors than it fixed. So I went and grabbed the latest Mission Mojave and spent time hacking out the DLC material since I don't have the DLCs. That seems to be far better done and wasn't turning up such gems as female NCR troopers WITH NO HANDS. How the hell do you miss that during your patch QA? Unofficial as it may have been.

This seems to be validating my decision to not even go looking for any sort of unofficial patch.

Well so far Mission Mojave seems to cover everything nicely, and female NCR aren't missing their hands.I suspect the fact that Quarn and Kivan sat the Fallout games out resulted in a shitty hack job of a community patch in the end. Apparently nobody on the forums can even give a straight answer to people looking for a comprehensive bugfixer. There's not even one available for FO3 since the UFO3P was abandoned partway in.My only real beef with Mission Mojave is that there's no non-DLC version. It would appear everyone in the NV community just assumes we all have them now. FNVEdit fixed that ignorance though :P

I never got the sense that the FO mod community took off quite like any given Elder Scrolls mod community did, either, which doesn't help much.

For fuck sake. How is it that after all this time NOBODY has a working version control tutorial out?

I'll poke Morcroft about it again. He thought everyone could follow Maegfaer's tutorial.Here is Morcroft's first comments on getting CK version control set up: http://www.darkcreations.org/forums/topic/1870-ck-version-control-discussion/#entry104581Then he references that when he explains the build process for the All-Tamriel heightmap: http://www.darkcreations.org/forums/topic/2236-build-process-followed-for-the-all-tamriel-heightmap/If you're still having trouble, could you join me in poking Morcroft, please? :lol:

So, Nexus is still SNAFU (like that's any surprise). Oblivion Nexus's server is so laggy right now its impossible to access the site.

Heh, yeah, we've noticed. Our traffic has gone up since Nexus has been having issues. Our bandwidth usage jumped 5% in one night!!That's why we're moving server on Saturday. lmao.gif

It seems like Nexus is getting worse, not better. The Oblivion site died last night and is still throwing database errors now. After spending eons lagging it up before telling you this.

Yes, probably would have, but he's running behind on versions of that too, and the upload features IPB has now didn't exist when he started this coding project of his. At this point he's stuck with it, which I can sympathize with.The problems currently plaguing Nexus are why I keep telling people to mirror their stuff. Nothing says you need 7 RELz threads because you have 7 places to download from :)

My Dad commenting on my ~4 year old and struggling laptops windows problems which now prevents it from starting up outside of safe mode (system restore is of no use).'We're switching to Norton security now. Clearly our current version hasn't been enough to stop some sort of virus breaking the computer. But if you want a new one, go to the Dell website and you can get something from there.' :facepalm: :headbang: Although, I am still getting a new laptop one way or another.

My old laptop was a Toshiba, and it generally served me well (until now), so I'm inclined to look at them. That said, being the only laptop I've ever owned, I don't exactly have a breadth of experience to go from either, so I'll probably take my time figuring what to get.

Pretty happy with Toshiba myself. I've got a 2004 laptop that's saved several people from dead computers now.

Well, I got myself a new Toshiba. Its got a Raedon 7670m and an i7-3610 with 2.3 ghz, which should be enough for what I want to use it for (i.e. not higher end gaming). It came with a bundle of accessories for $1200, which isn't bad considering how generally jacked up the prices on IT equipment is in Australia.

prettyfly, for what it's worth, my best laptop experiences have almost exclusively been with Toshiba laptops too, though I'm currently fairly happy with my Lenova Ideapad that I bought because I was a bit tight this last time I had to replace my laptop. YMMVArthmoor, would that be a bad thing if Bethesda and EA essentially combined forces? Wouldn't it provide the possibility that both outfits would gain the benefits of each other's strengths to our overall advantage?