Son of Random Stuff

Arthmoor

Well he's still alive for the moment...Also... it appears to pay to be sure you've set your keyword event to the right one in your SM event node. And naturally the game isn't providing me a dragon attack to test this with either. Any other time I'd hop in to Riften and would get nailed by one when I DIDN'T want it to happen.

Is it just me or are there a lot of people on the Skyrim forum who are quick to call a normal discussion a flame war for no good reason?

Nah, it was more of an idle comment because Zilav said Sharlikran and I were having a flame war over error reports in TES5Edit.The Nexus guy was clearly trolling and I haven't bothered to respond to it.

So is it just me or has Nexus gone off the deep end adding so many different games to the site?

ING demonstrating that all understanding of what an RPG means is lost.There is all sorts of ranting an raving to be done here, but I'll keep to the important things. Firstly, Skyrim as 7#. For all its virtues, being a strong RPG isn't really one of them (as a vanilla game at least). The same could be said for Oblivion, although its ranked quite a bit more appropriately. Although, not to mention that Morrowind is lower than both Skyrim and Oblivion.And yeah, Fallout 3 at 10# and New Vegas at 89#. Speaks for itself.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, it's really silly. If a game is moddable I could see it, but I think he's overestimated Firaxis support of mods in this case. The original game was certainly not moddable. He did the same craziness with Dark Souls too. No reason to buy into his complaints about money and bandwidth problems if he's just going to invite more costs by doing stuff like this.

Meanwhile, I find this very interesting.Too, Firaxis' track record in support of mods is pretty good. I wouldn't be surprised.Which doesn't change the whole "How many Nexus sites do we actually need?" question.

That realization that you've never backed up your current Morrowind install and don't want a repeat of the last time one got lost forever.

The realization that your Morrowind backups from 2002 are still more or less valid.And I do my backups on Tuesdays.

That realization when daggers are at your back and you didn't see them coming.....

• 2 weeks later...

The nerve of some people....Received a very interesting PM today on DC. Someone was asking my permission to rehost an illegal port of one of my mods to Xbox 360. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: (He was reported)

So the guy moved from Nexus over to DC? I got a similar PM, probably from the same guy, "asking for permission" to host illegal ports of some of my mods on one of those XBox warez sites. I quote that because the mods are already up there and available, despite it being pretty damned clear in the readme that he's violating my terms. Nevermind that the site itself is illegal.

Yeah, we got your report Thomas. I don't think there's much we can do as long as he isn't doing it on DC. But I did tell the other admins to keep an eye on the guy.I sent you a PM on DC with my reply, btw.