Son of Random Stuff

Arthmoor

Must still be booze in my system, because right now this seems like teh awesome!

Must still be booze in my system, because right now this seems like teh awesome!

When I first saw that I nearly choked laughing.

This is why one should view such videos with the sound off. Then the lameness can shine through without harming the brain.

Nope...sorry...still stuck on the horrors above.

And I'm not sure what's the most terrifying. The video myself, the fact that I'm trying to figure out the time period it would take place in, or the fact that I'm pretty certain I could write an erotic fanfiction based on just that one scene.

Edit: Ah! I figured out what it reminded me of. It was like seeing the intro to FFX-2 after being a huge fan of FFX. *sobs in the corner*

There is if you want to see the differences. In my case, 13 years between plays is probably too long for that comparison to be useful :)

Well sure, for you, and for me too since it's been about 15 years since I played. But Ama said she might replay BG and BG2 now and then buy BGEE, that seems rather pointless.

I like to get the full scope of a game when I play it. ;) For me, the story is always the most important thing. I like comparisons and I like running through something multiple times. If I really like the story of a game, I've been known to God Mode my way through it, just so I can see it again. Oblivion and NWN fall under that category, with KotOR coming second. The only reason BG doesn't fall under that is because you need a third party program to hack your character into surviving for the story alone (usually a hex editor).

For me, it's like rereading a favorite book. And I'd like to do a readthrough before I start a new one.

I'm still really confused at this whole liking NWN1 thing. My brain keeps doing the whole Bill O'Reilly "You can't explain that!" meme thing no matter how hard I try.

We used to call it CracKotOR for a reason, though. My brain understands that much.

Also, wouldn't something like Gatekeeper be a lot more humane to BG than a hex editor, if you were going to roll like that? Curious. Also, why solo BG if you aren't in it for the challenge (which, yeah, it totally is)? Aren't the characters half the point? Also curious about this.

...stupid other stuff I have to do, keeping me from my...6th run through BG? 7th? I don't even know now. Whatever.

I'm still really confused at this whole liking NWN1 thing. My brain keeps doing the whole Bill O'Reilly "You can't explain that!" meme thing no matter how hard I try.

You too?

Random musing for Steam lovers. Does the Steam client view of your library harvest screenshots you've uploaded to the cloud? Sure seems like it's suddenly taken a liking to the one Skyrim screenshot I've uploaded, and it's definitely taken a liking to the Grimrock one I uploaded. Is this normal or what?

NWN1 was just that terribad. In every way.

Yeah, it does. Any screenshot you take with the Steam overlay gets pushed into rotation as your library background for that game.

You too?

Random musing for Steam lovers. Does the Steam client view of your library harvest screenshots you've uploaded to the cloud? Sure seems like it's suddenly taken a liking to the one Skyrim screenshot I've uploaded, and it's definitely taken a liking to the Grimrock one I uploaded. Is this normal or what?

You upload images and use Steam Cloud. You're such a Steam-lover!

NWN1 was just that terribad. In every way.

That's just because you, my friend, do not have a serious soft spot for ginger tieflings with possibly prehensile tails. Or spymasters with voices like liquid chocolate.

I'm just sayin'. (Oh, and I actually did like the gameplay, too.)

Well, Shadows of Undrentide at least gave you Deekin, the awesomest bard NPC of all time. I'm told Hordes of the Underdark was pretty great too, but I got bogged down fighting some golems or something, and it fatally bored me to tears.

But, 21 year old me was...not impressed, by and large: http://dementedrabbits.net/wordpress/2002/07/neverwinter-nights/ (short version - BG2 was better. Also Morrowind)

As to NWN2, I was...not impressed on my replay a year ago: http://dementedrabbits.net/wordpress/2011/03/neverwinter-nights-2-twitter-review/ (short version: OMG Blacklake plot door WTF)

Made me so sad, I wrote a three post series deconstructing it, even.

http://dementedrabbits.net/wordpress/2011/03/neverwinter-nights-2-gameplay/

http://dementedrabbits.net/wordpress/2011/03/neverwinter-nights-2-storytelling/

Tastes vary, it would seem. ;)

Well I had the Gold edition, which came out more recently. I also grabbed all the patches - of which there were a ton. But after that, I had no game play issues at all. The only time performance dropped was during the gigantic battle at the end. Whereas Oblivion is an unplayable slide show for me now. I'm lucky if I get 10 fps.

I also played a mage + Eldritch Knight? I think I got that right. He really kicked ass by the second half of the game.

Wow, y'all have posted a bunch since I last had time to visit... :blink:

Thank you for posting that review, Arthmoor, I'll be visiting there sometime this weekend. banana.gif

...NWN & NWN2 were both extremely disappointing for me, but I agree that it was mainly gameplay issues and bugs, though the editor that came with it was.. something else even more disappointing for more reasons... the game itself I could play, even if it meant only playing for a bit at a time, the editor was just too intensive for my poor computer at the time. :(

While I agree that having not actually replayed BG or BGII in years might merit a replay before buying BGEE, I think I've got enough games that I haven't had time to play yet lately that I'll just wait a few patches then buy BGEE and play it and see how it compares to memory rather than how it compares to a replay. shrug.gif

I am sorry to hear that it's got enough bugs to merit avoidance for a bit :(, but I can much more easily afford to buy it later anyway, so no real loss overall. shrug.gif

...That Han Solo song? Still stuck in my head.

Is there anyone on the forum who's rich and wants to see Sigurd beaten with a pair of knitting needles, a Intuos tablet and a 3-pound jar of gesso? Want to buy me tickets to England? Thanks.