• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Sigurð Stormhand

• AndalayBay

If Chrome didn't suck balls and wasn't a Google product I'd be seriously considering defection after what I saw and how dismissive Mozilla is being about their mess.

And while we're at it' date=' lets take time out to curse whatever the hell Firefox did to itself that made the fonts all look like shit. And also curse me for not realizing I wasn't being prompted for a routine security upgrade and not a full version update to 4.0. Cause this is ugly as fuck and reversing it will suck ass.

EDIT:

Oh yes, much better. Too bad I forgot I was using a somewhat custom theme I can't find now. Word of warning to Firefox fans, don't update to 4.0. They're blaming their own incompetence on a bug in Windows. Which naturally doesn't explain why disabling the feature they said was bugged did nothing.[/quote']Thread's 300 post is a rant about Firefox. :lol:

The supermoon appears to have brought out the super trolls on the BGS forum. Jesus Christ. Getting so that you can't even make a suggestion to someone without being given the lecture about how they know programming and you're just an idiot who can't read if you dare suggest something that someone else already wrote that does EXACTLY WHAT YOUR'E WORKING ON.

Nah, something else. Some dufus who thinks he's the king shit has taken a real dislike to my having suggested he use Streamline rather than spend time writing his own version of it. Naturally those of you who know me well enough will realize that letting it drop isn't coming easy, especially now that he's chosen to get insulting about it.I mean really, how do we get from "hey, maybe you should just use this?" to telling me I don't even know basic computer concepts because I haven't been a professional programmer for the last 15 years? Besides, really, if he did 5 minutes of link hopping he'd realize I know far more than "basic computer concepts". I don't even know WTF his issue is anymore. Could be a sign that neither of us remembers why we're fighting.The guy is making himself look like an even bigger asshole than I am, and I know that takes some doing :P

Then suddenly I remembered why I'm still using the November 2010 update for Elsweyr. December 2010 crashes the game when LOD info is generated.

[li]Wow, he's must be a really big asshole[/li]Heh, just kidding. :tongue:But wow, he didn't take that to well, did he? Irony coming from the name being similar to 'Cratylus'. And just a hint of Giskard in his behavior as well.I think you're tendency to not drop things and walk away when people act unreasonably in spots like these might have been the catalyst, but I mean, Claviticus is a deluded moron and that was fun to read.

Then suddenly I remembered why I'm still using the November 2010 update for Elsweyr. December 2010 crashes the game when LOD info is generated.
There was a 2010 update? Ooh, what did it contain (other than LOD breaking goodness)?

Yes, I imagine my gullibility when it comes to getting trolled doesn't help. The irony of the name similarity wasn't lost on me either. And definitely shades of Giskard as well. Who knows.... maybe it's Giskatylus?There were at least 3 updates in 2010 actually. Well, I guess 4 now. January, July, November, and December. Lots of stuff added up to November. December was supposed to just be Iliana packaging it up into a nice neat bundle with an ESP and a BSA. Something clearly didn't go right though because I didn't even need to regenerate the LOD when I reverted back to November. So it appears as though the December update has some unknown issue to be resolved.It's rather jarring to be in the waterfront and have the game go belly up when you're not expecting it to. The real puzzler is that most of the LOD in Elsweyr is rocks, and those are in a separate package.

Giscatylus, lolOh, wait, heh, I did get that one (and answered technical questions about it and my plantation mod, yet somehow forgot about the fact the update existed and I used it).I never had any crashes because of it, though I was a bit puzzled with those distant LOD files included in file. They didn't make BAIN to happy (in a file mismatched way).Anyway, since then I've dropped the mod to try and lower the LOD load on my machine. I wasn't heading over there much anyway so I figured it wasn't a big loss, as much as I admire Iliana's handiwork.

btw, Giskard recently made references to his 'enemies' being forced back to their own obscure corner of the community...a reference to AFKmods perhaps. And another file to add to the 'evidence of his insanity', if the folder hasn't exploded yet.

Surely must be different enemies then because it could hardly be argued that opening this site means we've all exiled ourselves.I'd lay odds he means Alienslof. Though she was hardly forced into abandoning Nexus.

He's got a lot of enemies doesn't he? Kinda like Hitler' date=' without Italy, Japan or most of Germany.[/quote']I suspect Giskard is a dour miserable fat Yorkshireman who subsists on Yorkshire pudding and black sausage.He probably is talking about AFK mods though. :tongue:

Well I don't see how. We haven't been driven from the community the way he was. If anything, one might argue he's really talking about himself without realizing it. I still think he's referring to Slof though.Doesn't much matter. Unless the mods ban me at BGS I don't see me really going anywhere else for primary coverage of my stuff. And if they did, I'd probably just switch to TESA or something.This site here isn't and wasn't intended to become a primary support and distribution site. I just don't have the bandwidth for it. Maybe if I were to move server ops to a VPS or something I could justify it, but certainly not right now.

I'll go with Arthmoor's conclusion about Alienslof, but hey, Giskard is so deluded that you never know...

VPS's are actually pretty cheap. And they offer decent bandwidth as well. I think the bill for ours is $34 a month or so with 300GB of transfer quota, and automated backups. I'd have to look up the actual package to give specifics. I say ours, but Im really just the one who runs it, not foots the bill.

On the continuing NWN2 note, I ought to say that I'm in the process of writing something of a series on taking lessons learned from NWN2 and applying them to modding and design, and that might be of interest to some of you. First one on gamplay and dungeons here.

Lol, no, there are some who don't like her. She does a lot of stuff with male body mods and apparently the general populace of the site thinks that's somehow wrong - without realizing she's female and it's entirely expected she'd like that sort of thing. I mean, same idea as us guys liking female body mods, yes?

Another random; what the @#$% is up with Facebook tonight? First a spam bot gets into my account and starts firing off messages to everyone online (because some dumb-ass had left adblock off) and then changes my password. With my password reset and my account back up and running, I log of to go and watch dateline, only to come back to find that I 'like' some link about an Italian news presenters breasts. No, seriously. :headbang:Not that I'd touched the link before (some other girl had posted it). Whats more, a post had actually been made through my account stating the fact, with the link individually attached. Which as far as I'm aware isn't how Facebook does those sorts of things normally.Another password change and security scan latter I'm fed up. God I hate social networking sites. And I'm not even started on the interfaces...

I'm still a troglodyte. Don't have a Facebook, no Twitter account, never had a Myspace, and hardly even log in to Trillian anymore. Blogs were all the rage back in 2000, and I didn't even put one of those up until 2007 :PMost of that crap just seems to serve no real purpose to me. The upside of course is I don't have to deal with what you just did.

Its....'socially advantageous' for me, which is the only reason I bother with the piece of shit. It makes me crave using places like these rather than the horribly designed 'user friendly' system that you get on facebook.The main problem is though that they seem to be supporting third party sites as part of the networking aspect of the website, which has opened up the doors for all sorts of malware. Two years ago something needed actually be on facebook for you to 'like' it or follow, now it can be almost anywhere.Oh, and did I mention that the spambot (or virus of whatever it was) cached a whole head of posts on every one of my friends who was online of at the time before adblock booted its ass.If you don't need it you're saving yourself a lot of bother not doing so. :tongue:

Another reason not to do an upgrade install from XP/Vista to Windows 7. A friend of mine just called and says his system is complaining that NTLDR.EXE is missing. Well, as it turns out, 7 isn't supposed to have it or a boot.ini file either. Yep, his system was upgraded from XP. Apparently he doesn't have the disc anymore either. Oops.