Random Stuff

Arthmoor

I'm still a troglodyte. Don't have a Facebook' date=' no Twitter account, never had a Myspace, and hardly even log in to Trillian anymore. Blogs were all the rage back in 2000, and I didn't even put one of those up until 2007 :P[/quote']Guess I'm a dinosaur too, don't have any of those, not even a blog. :PGoing back a few posts re: Slof. I didn't read the comments closely but just wanted to say she is a fantastic modder (boner's mod included - yes I said it) and deserves nothing but respect. If you've ever been to her site she's also an amazing graphic artist (irl) in her own right. It's too bad the immature community couldn't handle it.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Sigurð Stormhand

• AndalayBay

Here's another one; why do automatically loading doors need to be so picky about when they choose to load you? Can't the whole collision box teleport you, rather than just one little bit of it?

For the whole one of you who cares, I did one last blathering on storytelling in NWN2.1. I saw enough of Sarah on Facebook to validate my belief that I don't need to be anywhere near it. Absolutely no value add there.2. People really still attempt to upgrade Windows instead of doing fresh installs? For real?3. @prettyfly - Wait, what?

1. I feel the same about Twitter. Offers nothing of value.2. Yes. They do. Like this one guy who calls me this morning (yes, someone else who is stupid) and asked me the very same thing as the last guy. Even worse, when I asked him what the last OS he installed that wasn't an upgrade version was, I nearly died. Windows 95, and yes, he'd done upgrade installs on that same PC ever since. Including hardware swaps. Then wonders why the PC is shitting itself so much.3. Automatic doors, ala the invisible ones in the Faregyl mines where you walk toward it and hit the load screen automatically.

LOL.What? No rant about the other idgit (or maybe same one) on Nexus who stole Open Cities?

Wait, ANOTHER one? You mean after the one that got reported before I logged in this morning? God damn thieves.Also, shooting random peasants as you're wandering your newly reborn city is amusing as hell. Right up until one hits you with a paralyze spell and then the guards come.

No, that one. But still, twice in 2 days is just ridiculous.It's also really nice to see how fast the community jumps on it.

Also, shooting random peasants as you're wandering your newly reborn city is amusing as hell. Right up until one hits you with a paralyze spell and then the guards come.
That wouldn't be a subtle hint of things to come, would it?

It would, yes. Cheydinhal is getting close. Got two new interiors to add for new shops then gotta do north markers and then dig up any patches that need adjusting.

A couple of weeks back, while I was reducing textures in Paint.net for far_nifs, I decided to create a cover image for my bio assessment task using the program. Some of the humor may be lost since no-one here actually went on that excursion with me but...anyway

It would' date=' yes. Cheydinhal is getting close. Got two new interiors to add for new shops then gotta do north markers and then dig up any patches that need adjusting. [/quote']New shops? YAY! losing shops was one of the things I missed from Better Cities the most.

And now, for those of you who asked for it, a discussion of D&D dungeon design applied to Oblivion. There will be another part, but I want to see how people react to the first one first.

Going on a mod cleaning spree - wish me luck everyone. :lol:Yes, yes, Samson, no need for the lecture. :P

Real Lights is DIRTY *gasp*Or maybe cause I haven't upgraded All Natural in awhile. You may want to go defend it at BGS. :P

Yeah, I'm not sure I want to upgrade to the latest AN, but that's another topic.I might give PyFFI'ing a shot today.

Question; I want to merge about 20 armor mods together. This is no problem. What I'm wondering is if it would work and/or be beneficial to combine their associated meshes / textures folders into one .bsa file?

Why wouldn't it?Which is to say that as long as you name your BSA correctly and don't go over the limit of stuff in the Data folder, it shouldn't be a problem. Cut down on clutter a bit and that, though somewhat annoying if you ever decide to mess with those mods in the CS.

That would work so long as the resulting BSA doesn't end up with files that would override another BSA. That's not something that works very well with Oblivion.

Stupid game. Set one shopkeeper up to sell alchemy stuff. Populate her shop with goodies. Put other clutter in the upstairs room. No problems.Set up second shopkeeper for clothing and jewelry. She insists on selling me everything in the store including all her table clutter and books upstairs.Both configured exactly the same way, even using the same AI pack while on duty. Ended up having to set half the clothier's stuff as owned by GenericFaction to keep her from selling it all.

I assume you didn't make the dumb mistake of forgetting to give her merchant chest a persistent ref? Otherwise, yeah, she'll want to sell everything in her owned cell.lol

Gah....or the guy in my mod wipz UL who decides to follow you when he's supposed to travel to a different part of the map.Two days of debugging so far and I still don't know what is causing the issue.In other news...Anyone even hooked their computer up to a TV screen and ran Oblivion.I fixed up a modded Oblivion install on a mates laptop for him and then hooked it up to a TV screen using an HDMI cable (though it ran at 720p) :stare: (head explodes) It also seemed to add some sort of extra dimension to the gameplay in the process (though this may just reflect that I was originally a console gamer)Same with Fallout 3 as well; running it onto a TV screen is mind blowing. The only problem was that the computer I was running from wasn't powerful enough to hold up AA and AF with a decent frame rate...so I think I might try it with my system at home and see what the difference is...The other thing I noticed was that the guy that gives you the beer in the inn in Ruin Tails Tale is parodying an Australian beer commercial (the author of the mod is Australian, after all. I'm just surprised I hadn't spotted that before.