Random Stuff

Arthmoor

Don't know why the clothing shop was doing that. Yes, she's got a persistent merchant chest. That didn't make a bit of difference. I think clothing merchants are just bugged somehow because she doesn't even do the creepy follow the player around thing like other shops do.Speaking of which - prettyfly, make sure the NPC following you doesn't have the "continue when PC near" flag checked.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Sigurð Stormhand

• AndalayBay

@Samson; yep fixed that one a while ago. I've actually put that quest on hold for now because I figured that for the moment I was better off working on other things rather than something that's annoying but not game breaking (fast traveling solves the problem in this case).

Stupid game. Set one shopkeeper up to sell alchemy stuff. Populate her shop with goodies. Put other clutter in the upstairs room. No problems.

Set up second shopkeeper for clothing and jewelry. She insists on selling me everything in the store including all her table clutter and books upstairs.

Both configured exactly the same way' date=' even using the same AI pack while on duty. Ended up having to set half the clothier's stuff as owned by GenericFaction to keep her from selling it all.[/quote']A shopkeeper will sell everything they own except the clothes on their back. A clothier who is tagged to sell misc items, books, etc, will sell everything she own, but an alchemist only buys and sells potions and ingredients. Test it by creating a custom potion, placing it in front of the merchant and they see if you can buy it from her, when you do it should dissapear.CS wiki: http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Adding_Sellable_Items_To_Merchant_NPCThe easiest way to get around this, I found, was to set the shop to be owned by a faction (my merchant faction) which your merchant is a member of. Problem solved.

I wonder if that's all there is to it then. The alchemy shop is owned by a faction because she has her husband there as well and he tends one of Cheydinhal's new garden areas. The clothing shop is owned by the NPC.The clothier is only tagged to buy and sell clothing btw. So that's not the issue. It must be the faction vs NPC thing.Funny thing is the shop in Feldscar has the opposite problem. The owner there isn't selling everything in his chest, and certainly isn't offering up anything that's not nailed down in the shop either and it's owned by him.

I hate landscape LOD. A lot. *grumbles about too many heavy landscape mods near Cheydinhal*

I'm about to add another one just south of that -> not looking forward to having to create (or get someone else to create) new quads... :facepalm:

You're going to clash directly with Entius Gorge, there won't be a choice in the matter. Someone (probably me) will end up having to do it.

Am I the only one playing the game? :PNew issue cropped up. My little thief gal needs to talk to the beggars in Cheydinhal, but the game freezes every time I activate them.Any ideas?

Heh. You might be. I did play in order to complete Verona House. Not all together a bad quest, just filled with bugs. Many of which I'm not going to spend the time fixing or I'd never get done. Nearly all of the dungeons need to be realigned for bad seams.Sounds like you have some kind of issue with dialogue in general considering your trouble with the Tiber Septim Hotel.

What is this "playing" you speak of?...for that matter, what is this "modding" you speak of?

Why do people wait until the declared end of a project to crawl forth and say "oh, btw, here's 300 more bugs you should have fixed"?

Actually, I fixed the issue at the Tiber Septim ... don't ask me how but it works now so I'll figure this one out too. Pretty sure it has to do with making copies of my setup. I had to re-copy several archives into one of them last night to fix CTD's. So I'll try re-copying the voice .bsa's.And some people (like me) are too lazy to report bugs.Where the hell is Conner lately? :huh:

Ah, yeah. I hadn't thought about possible BSA conflicts but that may just be one of the things it manifests as.Conner is swamped with stuff on the farm apparently. I ended up emailing him to see what was up since him being out of the loop this long is unusual :)

Am I the only one playing the game? :P

New issue cropped up. My little thief gal needs to talk to the beggars in Cheydinhal' date=' but the game freezes every time I activate them.

Any ideas?[/quote']Do you BSA patch using OBMM, and have you deleted anything from your mod manager recently.I had this issue a while back where the game refused to look for something in the BSA's and I'd deleted the unpacked file, as it was an animation I got CTD, but you might have something like that.Or you accidently "cleaned" something you shouldn't have. :tongue:

I don't use OBMM.Forgot to report the problem fixed itself when I "re-installed" the original UOP in BAIN. It has lip files for the beggars and thieves guild, so something fixed itself up. :)

Hmm, is it just me?

Masterlist Revision: 2347Unrecogised Mod FilesReorder these by hand using your favourite mod ordering utility.Unknown mod file: VGA_SaintSeducer.espUnknown mod file: AFK_Blades_EQ.espUnknown mod file: HanasCrypt.espUnknown mod file: FB_DC_Defender.espUnknown mod file: SkoomaDeals.espUnknown mod file: AFK_Tweaks.espUnknown mod file: HanasHeaven.espUnknown mod file: SnowyDreams.espUnknown mod file: SutchTestOnly.espUnknown mod file: Sutch Village.espUnknown mod file: Open Cities Reborn.esp 

Notice the last one. After updating to 0.9.

Yes, just you. The current OCR filenames weren't added to BOSS until revision 2465.

If it's not updating and you're using the BOSS functions to do that, I'd report it in the BOSS thread. There may be something wrinklyninja can do to help fix it.

It's the stupid having to check in Bash options to update every time. I thought that was an old option and thought it was doing it since BOSS 1.6. I am so going on a rant in the BOSS and BASH threads.

Fantastico. Should be installing Wordpress for me. What it's actually doing is getting to the third stage and crashing.