Random Stuff

Arthmoor

Just dropping in once again to say Hello to All and read a bit. :)I read your review Arthmoor on iguananet, and basically I totally agree!! Only you were more patient than I was, as you at least finished the game while I bailed out at the battle with the 2 dragons... seems like I missed nothing thereafter. And the ending with your PC dying... I mean how uncool is that??? I guess it was probably good I ended the game early because I would have been REALLY angry and upset at the end... I hope your cold / influenza has been getting better by now. Take care you all! :grinning:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Sigurð Stormhand

• AndalayBay

In case anyone else is interested, NVIDIA has released an updated dds plug-in that totally supports 64bit Photoshop, plus other fixes. Woohoo!If you don't know what that means, well, then you don't need it. :lol:Edit: Oh, and hiya Tommy!

Uh, well, I guess that's good for Photoshop users :PUs Paint.NET users will have to live with our native support. whistle.gif

Just dropping in once again to say Hello to All and read a bit. :)[...]I hope your cold / influenza has been getting better by now. Take care you all! :grinning:
Gratz on passing 50 posts! :)Always nice to see you again' date=' and, yes, I suspect we're all finally done with being sick. :)
If you don't know what that means' date=' well, then you don't need it. :lol:[/quote']Hmm, that must be directed at me... whistle.gif

I'm with Samson on this one, I don't need a new game before they can bring out the GOTY version anyway. But I can't help but :lol: at Dwip's reaction. :biggrin:

To be fair, I'm not sure when I'd get around to playing it, since I already have the rest of NWN2 + MOTB, Mass Effect 1+2, 2 STALKER games, and probably something else I've forgotten about to get through before that, but you know. New game. Shiny.

You're all assuming it makes GOTY Status. Which is unlikely given that Mass Effect 3 or Skyrim will probably take that title.Also, I'm out of games to beat. So I needed something new.

Well you know what I mean. Like how they did the big package with all the DLC and the Awakening expansion for DA:O. Pissed me off big time when they revealed that would be less than what I paid for my original copy of DA:O.

Like Samson said, even if it doesn't make Game of the Year, it's still likely to eventually come out as a bundle package that'll probably be cheaper than it's originally priced constituent parts.On the other hand, if you've managed to run out of games to play, that's a damned good reason to get the newest one already. As Dwip pointed out, there's always the shiny factor regardless. Personally, I've got way too many games that I barely ever find time to play already to be spending on a new game that I can ill afford just because it's a new game, no matter how good it looks or promises to be in the promos. :shrug:

Random modding related question;Say I wanted to create an enhancement mod for Thieves Den. I know all about mod de-isolation, etc, so that's not a problem.I might just be confusing myself by overthinking this, but how would I, or should I, care about the unofficial DLC patch? Would I have to ESMify that too as part of my mod? And while I'm here ... what is the SSSB patch?

If the unofficial patch is modifying the same effect you would only need to make sure your changes load after the patch. You don't need to load the patch as part of your process.The SSSB patch was something designed to silence a sigil stone that's sitting outside one of the interior cells but still close enough to hear. Bethesda had a bad habit of recycling test interiors and Thieves Den uses several of them. With the latest Supplementals, you don't need the SSSB patch since it's built in now.

Alrighty then.. :lol: I suppose it's a good thing one no longer needs the sssb patch now that it's included as part of the latest supplements... :rolleyes:

I sort of have a good reason to know though, since the UOPS is concerned with it :)

I did too, actually. Don't ask me why.When you do your ESMifying, remember when you first make your mod's esp to go pick a tree in some random ass wilderness cell and elevate it .001 or so. Gets you around that annoying bug where if you don't have a landscape edit, you crash the CS.

Or use the Construction Set Extender - no more need to fiddle with ESMifying things.

I'm only planning on touching interiors, so I assume that wouldn't apply?As for the CSE, nah not ready to jump on that yet. The relz thread is full of bug reports and it hasn't been updated/fixed since release. Maybe once it is.Oh hey - look who's a hot file on Nexus. :P

No, you need to do a landscape edit BECAUSE you're only touching interiors. Anything with a non-Oblivion.esm parent needs to have some kind of exterior edit to Oblivion.esm or you'll crash the CS. It's a crazy bug, I know.

What Dwip said. If you're not going to use CSE, then you have to conform to the CS and its raft of bizarre bugs. Thus you need to cause an edit that will make the Tamriel worldspace record show up in the mod. Nudge a rock or something, but it HAS to be something outside in the Tamriel worldspace. No other worldspace will satisfy that bug.As for CSE's reported bugs, they're nowhere near as severe as they sound. Keep in mind I've been using it ever since it came out, and Frostcrag Village saw most of its development done with it, and my alt-start mod was done entirely using it. A couple of UL patches I made recently were done with it. The tail end of Faregyl was worked on with it. The UOPS has been touched by it. In the end it's no more dangerous to you than the CS itself.Huh. I managed to nab another day in the sun on the hot files page? I find myself continually surprised at what people end up liking enough to cause that to happen.