Random Stuff

Arthmoor

Today on the Skyrim board... everyone hates OBSE because it makes managing mods more difficult.Sometimes I wonder why murder is illegal.... :devil:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Sigurð Stormhand

• AndalayBay

Such ignorance. OBSE is not guilty of any of the things those fools say it is. What the hell is going on lately? It's like everyone is suddenly acting 100x stupider than usual, including people who should know better.

Lol. I actually made a Fallout Character once while intoxicated. When I looked at it the next morning I found myself in the middle of nowhere with nothing but a combat knife and thirty dog meat, with two bars of health left, all limbs crippled and 850 rads. Fortunately, doing stupid things like that in a video game doesn't have any real life consequences though. :tongue:

So' date=' via something about something else entirely, this amusement.
I like how he had all the brooze, and got the digital munchies. Hey, I wonder if he has an intoxication mod? Maybe the wine was to make his character as drunk as he was.

Urgh... Kvatch Rebuilt's Sanguine Howl quest is probably the stupidest quest I have ever seen....What were they thinking? That it would somehow be fun for us to traipse around Tamriel looking for their special creature spawns that you couldn't tell apart from the regular ones? Especially since almost 75% of the modding community uses some form of FCOM and as such the functionality of that soul trap spell is broken...Seriously, fuck that quest.Samson, please tell me TIE doesn't screw around with the creature EditorIDs. I don't want to have a repeat of this bullshit when I switch over.

That is not the point here at all.The problem is its a pointless, contrived, immersion breaking scavenger hunt if using almost any overhaul alongside KR, and you get no indication of which creatures actually belong to KR unless you use RefSkope. So if you kill the spawns without realizing they belong to KR (very easy to do) and don't soul-trap them with the spell, they are gone until you wait out a cell reset. And that is not in the spirit of that quest, you are supposed to be able to trap any creature type that you come across in the wilderness. Ergo, I should not be punished for making that mistake because it was never intended for that mistake to be capable of being made.It was a very poorly planned quest, to put it bluntly, with almost no thought given to keeping it compatible with the now immensely popular overhauls. Overhaul compatibility was obviously tacked on at the last second, and it utterly destroys the experience of that quest. What the hell is wrong with just going out to various trapper firms and contracting them to provide the animals in exchange for doing something for them? Or asking a summoner to work his mojo so the soul-trapping can occur in the background? You know, give a few other options for completion so that the people who can't perform the quest properly due to incompatibilities don't get ass-raped?It really isn't that hard.

Oh, I know. It's just that the walkthrough does make it easier to deal with and they even give you the codes so that you can complete the quest without doing the stupid hunt.I agree with you completely. I found it quite lame and didn't think it really fit in with the rest of the mod at all. I too felt it could have been handled differently. But I like the rest of the mod, so I just put up with it.

If you want something done about that, you'd need to see if Zaldiir is willing to make changes to content that existed before he came along. He may have adopted me as a team member for the project but I'm not about to start messing around with stuff like that without his blessing. Besides, I have other projects I want to finish before Skyrim and altering KR isn't one of them :PAlso, the creatures you're seeing from the spawns are not FCOM or TIE or anything else. They're added by KR itself and appear to be unique to the mod. It probably wouldn't be difficult to get it to recognize the souls of normal stuff though, which would make more sense considering they're not looking for specific animals.

I'm not asking you for anything.I know those specific spawns are KR specific, I'm asking if TIE makes any changes to the base ObjectIDs (sorry, not EditorIDs) for the specific creatures that KR references (because the spell script also references the iterations of vanilla wolves and bears and whatnot, whereas a mod like OOO alters the objectIDs for those wolves and breaks the spell script).

Not sure I follow then. How could OOO break a script that references vanilla creatures? If OOO is making cloned copies of them, sure, those won't be accessible without a patch. TIE does have some cloned copies of a few things, but I don't know if that would affect KR at all because I haven't moved another character far enough along to get to that quest again. I guess if you're trying to make a kill on one of TIE's skittish mountain lions or something you'd have the same issue, or on one of its "diseased mudcrabs" instead of the normal ones.

KR created special versions of the animals that you have to trap for it to count. I haven't looked so I can't say if it's because they attached a script to their special versions or if they are checking the editor ID to see which ones you've trapped. The problem is that they don't have different names, so you can't tell by mousing over them if you are killing the special KR version or a regular critter. I know when I do that quest, I just cast the KR soul trap on every single wolf I encounter in the area where I know the KR wolf spawns until I get the right one. Same with the rest of the critters.

One of the more troubling aspects of KR was always the Arena stuff. That quest was bad enough (probably the worst mod quest I played outside Ivellon), but the actual Arena was buggy as all hell, too.

OOO essentially removes about 80 to 90% of the vanilla creature references and replaces them with its own. The script is broken because it performs an ObjectID check for the vanilla base object references for the particular creatures (which OOO changes) and the ones it adds on its own. As you said, OOO does massive amounts of creature cloning so it can have better control over stats and size and such, so the odds of finding a pure vanilla creature wandering the wilderness is slim to none.By the way, yet another KR oddity, I just plugged in the now gone gold expansion pack, and the moment I handed in the now full soul cage (maybe I cheated, sue me, that quest sucked), my favorite messenger gave me the note to start the expansion. Trouble is, I need to enter the castle... which is still locked. (It only reopens once Kvatch is fully rebuilt, and that doesn't come until a few days after completing Sanguine Howl.)Unfortunately, Zaldir hasn't started the next thread yet, so I can't request that fix at this time, but once again, I am not asking you to do anything... even though your are the member of every Oblivion modding team under the sun including the ones you are not, and are therefore obligated to provide support for all 200,000+ mods out there on the net. :tongue:

even though your are the member of every Oblivion modding team under the sun including the ones you are not' date=' and are therefore obligated to provide support for all 200,000+ mods out there on the net.[/quote']lol lol, it's true.I'm interested to know how that new update goes before I dl and install it, so keep us posted.

It's been integrated fully into the Kvatch Rebuilt project now. As such, KR is now official updated to v2.0, which contains the Underground expansion.Seriously, I'm just installing it so I have a reason to go back to Kvatch once I finish up with Rebuilt besides a broken arena and a statue that is sure to crash the game at some point.

Such optimism, but truth.If only I wasn't trying to time my (last?) playthrough for when RST comes out.Then again, I wanted to redo all the DB stuff again anyway, so...

By the way, Samson, I hope you don't mind me making a quick modification to OCR to destroy that stupid POS statue that gets put up. I already checked, and sure enough, there's a good ol' missing mesh marker attached to it, so it has to go.