• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Thomas Kaira

• prettyfly

Actually, it's arounf 12, and I was actually looking at the iconography trying to see what was going on.Sad to say I have no insights to share.

I thought the magazine article that was shared earlier about the dragon language offered all the insights we're likely to get on the iconography. :shrug:

I thought the magazine article that was shared earlier about the dragon language offered all the insights we're likely to get on the iconography. :shrug:
Dunno, iconography is a thing of mine. If I have a frame of reference I could read that wall carving, what's with the guy in the robes in the middle, for example?

In theory, the back of that magazine had a Rosetta Stone of sorts for the language they made up for this, maybe you can find a copy?(No idea on the guy with the robes.)

In theory' date=' the back of that magazine had a Rosetta Stone of sorts for the language they made up for this, maybe you can find a copy?

(No idea on the guy with the robes.)[/quote']Yes, that does have the language on it, but that has nothing to do with the iconography which is all about the images.

Hey' date=' it just occured to me that today it is already 3 months ago that they announced Skyrim. So "only" nine more to go... :lol:[/quote']Wow, we've been at this thread that long already? :lol:
In theory' date=' the back of that magazine had a Rosetta Stone of sorts for the language they made up for this' date=' maybe you can find a copy?[/quote'']Yes, that does have the language on it, but that has nothing to do with the iconography which is all about the images.
Oh, ok, I was thinking in terms of the icons being used to represent the language rather than the imagry being presented in the trailer. My bad. :redface:
Screenshots!Which' date=' dude. Shiny doesn't even cover it.[/quote']
Yep' date=' that's all the pics that were in GI mag. Nothing new unfortunately.[/quote']I've ben cheating and just checking out the links y'all provided here rather than buying a copy of the Game Informer itself so some of those were new pics to me, and they do look pretty good.
Those pics for PC Gamer were taken from the Game Informer article.. How is it that PC Gamer is JUST NOW getting them and thinking they're new?
Maybe some of their people are as lazy about it as I am? :lol:

Oh? We're missing one of the better ones yet?(Oh, and while I'm recently gratz'ing folks on post count, Gratz Arthmoor on hitting 650.:))

So, I went to Skyrim in Oblivion last night, and it struck me that a lot of it is there, seemingly pointlessly, I ran through valleys, climbed mounts and hills, and even picked a few mushrooms.

The cloud top mountains UL made pretty good use of it too, giving some fairly spectacular lookouts into the forested valleys below. From memory I did try and go as far north as I could there at one point, and literally got to the end of the continent.

So Skyrim is basically already in Oblivion? We're not being transported to a new part of the world for the next installment of the Elder Scrolls series?

Skyrim is the Province to the North of Cyrodiil. With Borders disabled, you can walk through Skyrim, not that there's much there mind you. It's pretty undeveloped because the game isn't really meant to go out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh nice, can't wait for that.Also let this be a lesson to those who say it's not far enough along to demo stuff. Nobody here was guilty of that, but people on the Skyrim forum still seriously think the game is in pre-alpha development!

WOW .... just ... wow *insert drooling face here*I'll let you guys watch it before I spoil it. Just don't be fooled by it starting with the original teaser trailer... it cuts in real in-game scenes, complete with a dragon fight and a spine-tingling dragonshout.I'll be watching it all day. :lol:Oh, links. See it at elderscrolls.com or look for their YouTube channel (Admins might want to add it in here, I don't know how)[Fixed the URL ---Dwip]