[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Arthmoor

Skyrim Project Optimisation ?, Occlusion planes placement .. Which has to carry forward USKP changes .. Could well be :)

Will give that a try aswell, but first will try just with your latest update see if it makes a diff

I also have Skyrim Project Optimisation in my active mods list and it works flawlessly.

Turns out Smashed Patch is the problem - I updated TES5Edit to the latest Dev version yesterday which Zilav uploaded 10th July, and I think something about that update has upset the applecart when it comes to building a smashed patch, or maybe I just found an underlying problem that has not been found before in Mator Smash <shrugs>

I wonder if Mators Merged Patch scripts and mods derived from such merges are going to have similar problems .. I guess we will find out

Anyway going back to using just a Bashed Patch until Mator gets around to working on it again with the executable version.

Sigh! .. Now that my old saves were dependant upon a Smashed Patch .. its time for .. New Game start - Aaaaagh !  :D

This USKP 2.1.3 has an impressive changelog ! :)

Testing it, I went through the vanilla start two times and each time I had these warnings in my Papyrus logs :

[07/14/2015 - 12:15:36AM] warning: Property Orgnar on script SF_DialogueRiverwoodSleepingG_000BCF05 attached to  (000BCF05) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[07/14/2015 - 12:15:36AM] warning: Property WINoTavernFaction on script SF_DialogueRiverwoodSleepingG_000BCF05 attached to  (000BCF05) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

I also have these errors each time ("Darkwater Crossing" mod maybe, judging by the name ?) :

[07/14/2015 - 12:15:58AM] error: Cannot call AddItem() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[ARTHDWCSetupQuest (10001446)].ARTH_QF_DWCSetupQuest_03001446.Fragment_0() - "ARTH_QF_DWCSetupQuest_03001446.psc" Line 28

[07/14/2015 - 12:15:58AM] error: Cannot call AddToFaction() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[ARTHDWCMarriageSetupQuest (100034F7)].ARTH_QF_DWCMarriage_020024F7.Fragment_0() - "ARTH_QF_DWCMarriage_020024F7.psc" Line 21

My load order is very short :

Active Mod Files:

00  Skyrim.esm
01  Update.esm
02  Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp  [Version 2.1.3]
03  Dawnguard.esm
04  Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp  [Version 2.1.3]
05  HearthFires.esm
06  Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp  [Version 2.1.3]
07  Dragonborn.esm
08  Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp  [Version 2.1.3]
09  HighResTexturePack01.esp
0A  HighResTexturePack02.esp
0B  HighResTexturePack03.esp
0C  Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp  [Version 1.1.9]
0D  Cutting Room Floor.esp  [Version 1.1.4]
0E  FloraRespawnFix.esp
0F  Enchanting Pagan Table.esp
10  Darkwater Crossing.esp  [Version 1.0.2]
11  Ivarstead.esp  [Version 1.0]
12  Kynesgrove.esp  [Version 1.1.3]
13  HoldBorderBanners.esp
14  Tiwa44_Minidresses.esp
15  Tiwa44_Minidresses_Dragonborn.esp
16  LovelyHairstylesCE.esp
17  CWQuartermasters.esp  [Version 1.0]
18  Bashed Patch, 0.esp

When I load my save with the 2.1.3 beta installed, a message will appear saying " added", but it doesn't tell me what was added to me.

Uhhh... After finishing the main quest with the latest beta, all cows turned to eggplants and all horses turned to cucumbers... :troll:

1a151.jpg

1a152.jpg

When I load my save with the 2.1.3 beta installed, a message will appear saying " added", but it doesn't tell me what was added to me.

Yep, that's been fixed. It was a spurious message from the Gift of Gab fix kicking in.

Sigh! .. Now that my old saves were dependant upon a Smashed Patch .. its time for .. New Game start - Aaaaagh !  :D

@Alt: Before you do, why not try nuking all mod data (except masters) with the save cleaner? Chances are it might work. :)

Edit: Remember someone (Arthmoor) recently saying that there is a small number of non- vanilla record data blocks it cannot kill. What were they?

I just tested again the vanilla start with the latest beta files uploaded and I still have these warnings about Orgnar and WINoTavernFaction. And also the ARTHDWC quests errors.

Should I open bug reports in TracDown ?

[07/14/2015 - 09:47:38AM] warning: Property Orgnar on script SF_DialogueRiverwoodSleepingG_000BCF05 attached to  (000BCF05) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[07/14/2015 - 09:47:38AM] warning: Property WINoTavernFaction on script SF_DialogueRiverwoodSleepingG_000BCF05 attached to  (000BCF05) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[07/14/2015 - 09:48:00AM] error: Cannot call AddItem() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[ARTHDWCSetupQuest (10001446)].ARTH_QF_DWCSetupQuest_03001446.Fragment_0() - "ARTH_QF_DWCSetupQuest_03001446.psc" Line 28

[07/14/2015 - 09:48:01AM] error: Cannot call AddToFaction() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[ARTHDWCMarriageSetupQuest (100034F7)].ARTH_QF_DWCMarriage_020024F7.Fragment_0() - "ARTH_QF_DWCMarriage_020024F7.psc" Line 21

Ugh, forgot about those. The scene properties you can ignore. I'll have them out for another update at some point.

The DWC stuff, dunno why that's complaining unless it can't run the alias check on one of the two NPCs you can marry there.

There are 2 new undocumented voice actings for Ulfric :

-dialoguewi__0003a90a_1.fuz : Carry on, Jorleif. And loosen yourself a bit.

-dialoguewi__0003a90e_1.fuz : Jorleif, I've been receiving complaints about this Giordano woman.

There's only a link described here :

Quest Fixes

• Corrected two Windhelm palace scenes that could not player because Captain Lonely-Gale had been confused with Jorleif in the quest aliases. Also corrected Ulfric's dialogue to match.

@Alt: Before you do, why not try nuking all mod data (except masters) with the save cleaner? Chances are it might work. :)

Edit: Remember someone (Arthmoor) recently saying that there is a small number of non- vanilla record data blocks it cannot kill. What were they?

:) way too late for that.

I know those save game cleaners ( especially Hadoram's ) are supposed to be getting good, but personally I would rather have the confidence in my setup and saves that a new game start gives.

Had no problems with the betas so far since reverting to the tried and trusted Bashed Patch, and solved the only sub-record problem I needed Mator Smash for with some personal xEdits to the mods involved instead ( ColorfulLightsNoShadows versus ELE color values, I need better performance shadows from the former, but colour values from the latter, so carried the colour changes over into ColorfulLights and now load that later so that I still get just the performance shadow types with better looking lighting colour values carried forward - As a by-product I just sent it to JawZ as a possible optional file for ELE .. Permissions are good for that to happen anyway, see what JawZ thinks first )

.. On my way to getting back to testing Yamarz ( need a few more levels first .. I think it kicks off at level ten ). I also grabbed the more recent re-uploads of the betas.

Edit : Yamarz seems to be a good fix  :dancing:, the preferred pathing seems to be good, I have run through it five times as of this edit, the first hiccup point near the green bush he sometimes slows to a walk and then speeds up again, but he does not turn off towards the water anymore, the second point by the bridge to Goldenglow I understand that area being a bit too complex, I only had a couple of slight detours out of the the five tries at that point.

So hopefully the work done there will also help with Companion mods too ( I dont have Vilja installed lately .. waiting for the 2.1 update to Inigo which apparently is getting close ).

Well, after all the accomplished work on LOD for the latest updates I need to know if some players experience any noticeable performance drop when looking at the Skyrim map, especially when looking at areas around Solitude, Whiterun and Nightcaller temple (east of Dawnstar).

If so, I recommend deleting all Tamriel.16.X.Y.bto files. The fixed geometry for these meshes isn't quite noticeable when viewed on the map, but the impact on performance might be non-unimportant for low-end configs (I can't test it, sorry).

'Ingame', all the material you can truly see is only displayed by full-rendered cells and LOD levels 0 & 1 (Tamriel.4.X.Y.bto and Tamriel.8.X.Y.bto files). Level 2 (Tamriel.16.X.Y.bto files) is the worldspace map (if the specified worldspace has one. Soul Cairn and Apocrypha don't have any in vanilla for example), and level 3 is just unsupported/unused by the game engine (Tamriel.32 files don't exist for objects, only for terrain).

@Gruftlord : some new fixed material was posted on Issue 13394 topic. As you don't follow this topic, please have a look at it. :)

I haven't noticed any problems with the map causing performance drops. I can't see how the addition of one mesh the CK generated would be such a problem.

Laptop - Core 2 Duo ( Merom ) 2.2ghz, Geforce 8600M GS 512mb VRAM, 3gb System Ram, 3.5 IDE HD

== Only just capable of running Skyrim ( minimum specification )

No problems here looking around the places indicated. Performance is something this machine is quite sensitive with, so if anything is going to be a good indicator this machine is.

I havent detected anything to moan about so far, otherwise I would be doing a grump about consideration for us ( no doubt very few ) minimum specification users. :)

I dont know if you played Oblivion Nico, but that same game on this machine did not run quite as well as Skyrim does. I can average 34-39 fps with Skyrim, whereas Oblivion was more like 28-32 fps ( the old TES4 game engine was terrible )

One mod which could tip the balance for me was RAEVWD if you used all of its LOD files ( making things like Rocks, Forts and Statues Visible When Distant ) - I found I could use quite a lot of its files, and generate LOD with TES4LodGen, and not noticeably reduce my fps

If I used everything it would make a noticeable difference - But for comparison what has been included in the Unofficial patches for Skyrim is no problem at all so far imho.

@Arthmoor : Look at the Solitude area :

Tamriel.16.-16.16.bto (vanilla) : 17336 vertices

Tamriel.16.-16.16.bto (USKP fix) : 18191 vertices

and the Whiterun area :

Tamriel.16.0.-16.bto (vanilla) : 32335 vertices

Tamriel.16.0.-16.bto (USKP fix) : 36240 vertices

The vertices amount difference is consequent imo, but I can't estimate what is the real impact on performance...  :shrug:

@Alt3rnity : yes, Skyrim has better performance than Oblivion on my 3 years old rig (hi specs). RAEVWD is a good addition, but setting everything VWD brings my rig to its knees (below 4-5 fps). Oblivion is quite old,though : multicore unsupported, for example.

Well the whole point of my last post was - The LOD included in the Unofficial patches is not making any noticeable difference on my minimum specification machine.

So I dont think there is anything to worry about.

That's not enough of a change in verts to mean anything. I'd rather the game be displaying the proper LOD for the city than worrying if it introduced verts equivalent to adding less than a single building to the main landscape.

@Gruftlord : some new fixed material was posted on Issue 13394 topic. As you don't follow this topic, please have a look at it. :)

indeed, it seems to have been fixed "by accident" thanks a lot.

edit: next LOD level shows a few artifacts though, not sure if vanilla

perfect, i would say it is fixed. there is some slight flickering in the areas where this LOD level loses the stone rim around the tower compared to the next closer level, but this is only visible with low FOV settings. with vanilla FOV it is not observable due to size. it's probably the same LOD z-fighting issue i observed at the western watchtower:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/images/210693/?

observable with low FOV, not observable with vanilla FOV. but i guess that's a know thing, right? z-fighting influenced by FOV that is...

so yes: issue fixed. thanks a lot again!

edit: i know i'm an ass for always bringing up old issues i posted, but since you posted something about fixing normals to fix the snow, it reminded me of this issue:

http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/gallery/image/2122-wh-snowshader-01/

gallery_1501_24_145756.jpg

is this something withing your abilities?

z-fighting on distant objects is 99% due to distant landscape and objects meshes constantly 'oveririding' one each other. The issue for the western watchtower is probably totally different. Anyway, a modified FOV is known to sometimes having undesirable side-effects, such as 'holes' in forearms when wearing some specific outfits and being in 1st person view. This might also mess with occlusion culling and increase some known issues such as the Gildergreen square viewed from the top of Dragonsreach stairs.

At first sight, I'd say it's a lighting/shadowing issue. You have plenty of them in Skyrim vanilla and it's due to the poor lighting system. ENB presets generally take care of this. But I'll check the mesh anyway when I'll have some spare time.