[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Arthmoor

It's not lighting. This is about the dynamic snow in windhelm. While the whole city is a mess, this one particular building is just plain wrong. (see also next image in the linked gallery). Thanks for taking a look.

is this something withing your abilities?

On the subject of z-fighting, there was something distinctly wrong with one of the glitchy walls of Fort Fellhammer, Haven't got the exact co-ords here, sorry.

Beta has been updated to address the bandit pickpocket issue. Those of you who can readily test it, please do.

Will grab and test - I was not expecting such a quick turn around but did preserve my saves just in case :)

This is why we ask for more information. The more given, the faster a bug can be tracked down. If more tickets had the kind of details we got for this one, we'd probably have twice as many bugs fixed :P

Fix confirmed for me .. Just took out all possible problem bandit candidates with sneak attack bow, and did not have any recurrence of the previously reproducible triggering pick pocket on the dying bandits. Jobs good, and nothing unexpected popping up in papyrus logs either recently  :dancing:

I reloaded the same area twice, the second time from a bit further back in my saves and redid the scenario a couple of times just to be sure.

To the team : Some new informations request posted on issue 9049 ticket. Please read and give me confirmation.

@Nico: Responded on the ticket.

@All: Beta file updated again. Some minor stuff, a couple of missing scripts dug up and put back, and 68 scenes with missing "allow reserved" flags. It's these scenes that more or less need to be put through the ringer. 63 of them are in Solitude, scattered between the Blue Palace, the general city, the Bards College, and the Winking Skeever. Plus 5 more in Sarthaal that should have been used during the College quest there but likely didn't run.

Investing in Grelka in Riften doesn't work. The option to invest in her will appear, but trying to give her the money won't work and the option to invest in her won't disappear.

Gah, forgot to copy the script for that over. Grelka was the one who came up in discussion. If the other three don't have it they need it too :P

"Invest in every shop" -> doesn't set up for every shop. Todd logic.

Ta :)

I was under the impression (possibly wrongly) that only real shopkeepers, not market stallholders, were "eligable" for investment, so I could see why Elrindir was changed, but not Grelka. Besides, she's a miserable so-and-so... :D

Hi I have identified a problem with USKP 2.1.2 and Delphine in Sleeping Giant Inn. Delphine stays in her room at foot of bed in new game. I have verified the problem by reloading the USKP 2.1.1 patch. I started with a default install of skyrim and all DLC's, then installed tes5edit 3.1.1 and cleaned the dlc's. I started new game and saved just before entering Sleeping Giant Inn. I then added SKSE 1_07_03 and SKYUI 5.0, and and delphine still came out to talk to Orgnar. I then installed all the USKP 2.1.2 patches and entered the Inn and delphine stayed in her room. to verify the issue i deleted all the 2.1.2 patches and installed the 2.1.1 patches and delphine sandboxed normally, chatting to Orgnar etc after I enter the inn. I then re-installed just the main USKP 2.1.2 patch and Delphine stayed in her room again doing nothing. I then went back to my heavily modded (almost 200 mods) game and re-installed USKP 2.1.1 and Delphine acted normally. I believe something in USKP 2.1.2 broke Delphine and also some other characters (ie had issue with hadvar in helgen keep while the dragon was attacking. he just stood there at one point with his sword out and i had to run most of the way to where i met ralof before he caught up to me. this testing all came about because one of my followers kept staying in attack mode after we defeated all enemies, and i had to disable/re-enable just to get her out of attack mode. she doesnt do it with USKP 2.1.1 installed.

Correct, the problem has been fixed for USKP 2.1.3: http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/tracdown/issue/19386-mqdelphinesandboxinn-incorrect-location/

This was one of those instances where we fixed one vanilla game bug and it uncovered another one. Unfortunately, that happens from time to time and it is very difficult (if not impossible) to anticipate that happening. It wasn't caught during our beta testing period for 2.1.2, but it will be in the 2.1.3 release when that comes out of beta.

Thank you.

I just tested the new beta. Pure vanilla start (not with LAL).

I get this Papyrus error :

[07/24/2015 - 10:00:02AM] error: Cannot call Disable() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[alias Adventurer on quest WERoad07 (00105D15)].wealiasscript.OnUnload() - "WEAliasScript.psc" Line 147

Almost vanilla game :

Active Mod Files:

00  Skyrim.esm
01  Update.esm
02  Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp  [Version 2.1.3]
03  Dawnguard.esm
04  Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp  [Version 2.1.3]
05  HearthFires.esm
06  Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp  [Version 2.1.3]
07  Dragonborn.esm
08  Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp  [Version 2.1.3]
09  HighResTexturePack01.esp
0A  HighResTexturePack02.esp
0B  HighResTexturePack03.esp
0C  Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp  [Version 1.1.9]
0D  Cutting Room Floor.esp  [Version 1.1.4]
0E  Tiwa44_Minidresses.esp
0F  Tiwa44_Minidresses_Dragonborn.esp
10  HoldBorderBanners.esp
11  CWQuartermasters.esp  [Version 1.0]
12  FloraRespawnFix.esp
13  Enchanting Pagan Table.esp
14  Bashed Patch, 0.esp

+ SKSE 1.7.3.

I noticed also that during the first scene in Riverwood between Ralof, Gerdur and Hod, Ralof stopped his talking after the line which ends by the word "chopping". Nobody was talking then, as if the scene stalled. After waiting a while I talked to Ralof, who replied to me with his usual lines about joining the Stormcloaks, then when I exited this dialogue the scene resumed. I never had this bug before. I don't know if it was just an engine glitch. I'll do other tests to see if I can reproduce it.

I noticed also that during the first scene in Riverwood between Ralof, Gerdur and Hod, Ralof stopped his talking after the line which ends by the word "chopping". Nobody was talking then, as if the scene stalled. After waiting a while I talked to Ralof, who replied to me with his usual lines about joining the Stormcloaks, then when I exited this dialogue the scene resumed. I never had this bug before. I don't know if it was just an engine glitch. I'll do other tests to see if I can reproduce it.

Well, I wasn't able to reproduce this issue, probably a random glitch. That being said, I noticed in my subsequent tests in Riverwood some stuttering with Ralof when he moves, like if he teleported himself a few meters away. I noticed this with an elk too. Memory problems, maybe ? I never noticed such issues before and my load order is as tiny as usual.

As for the Papyrus error, I opened a ticket in TracDown.

If you have a save for that road encounter, it would help. Those are notoriously difficult to reproduce due to their random nature. We haven't done anything to that particular encounter as far as I can tell.