[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Arthmoor

•Borgakh the Steel Heart needed to have her confidence value lowered one level to allow for the possibility of intimidating her. (Bug #14876, USKP 2.0.4)

has been removed, but i could not find a reason in the patchlog. anyone know, what's up with that?

The game setting value for intimidation of foolhardy NPCs was found to be WILDLY out of balance with the settings for cowardly, cautious, average, and brave NPCs. The values were in the sequence: 0.00, 0.50, 1.00, 1.50, and 100.00. They should instead be: 0.00, 0.50, 1.00, 1.50, and 2.00. fIntimidateConfidenceMultFoolhardy being set to 100.00 is why it was impossible to intimidate these NPCs. The setting required Speech skill values that exceeded what would ever be possible for a player to obtain in the game without the use of console commands. All NPCs previously edited to work around this issue have had their confidence levels restored to vanilla settings. (Bug #19173)

Slight problem with #19358 - it doesn't seem to be fixed :(

Load Order:-

Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp (2.1.3)
SBBasement.esm
Run For Your Lives.esp (2.0.5)
no killmoves, no killcams, no killbites.esp

Savegame available if required.

Slight problem with #19358 - it doesn't seem to be fixed :(

Well, that's odd. I tested that one to double-check it and was able to pick it up, so I'm not exactly sure what else to do in this case. Those lockpicks were meant to be held in the hands of the skeleton, but due to havok they may not ever stay there. That one particular lockpick has been edited at least two times now from its vanilla position so it may be one of those cases where it can't possibly be placed any better than it already has been.

Some of the placed references fixes do apply only at the next cell reset. I'll check on my side if my actual progress still allows it.

it's a new game started with the 2.1.3 versions once they were released. First visit to the location so shouldn't be a cell reset issue (at least I would assume not). I've checked the savegame and it's consistent - no way can I pick it up. I've uploaded the SaveGame in case you want to take a look.

If the decision was mine I'd say move the darn thing slightly away from the hand so it can be taken. I can see why it's placed where it is, but being taken is a bit more important than how it looks (IMO anyway).

Someone discovered a new race on nexus

The Stupud Long Hains from the frozen North .. Fear our baldy shiny heeeds.

.. and fix this crap now ! :facepalm:  :rofl:

About issue 19358, everything's fine for me :

Issue%2019358.jpg

Also, your savegame lists the following plugins as active :

Update.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

SBBasement.esm

USKPRevert.esp ?????????????  :stare:  (What's this ?)

Run For Your Lives.esp

You can check on my savegame.

I thought I'd disabled that - not that it matters. It reverts the 2.1.2 changes to make various barrels "owned" thus making them unusable by me early in the game before I have access to my basement (and all its storage). I've used those barrels since 2011 and to have free access to them removed was - annoying to say the least. So I reverted the changes in a tiny mod with nothing in it but 3 barrel ownership changes (back to NONE).

As for the lockpick(s) - yours are NOT where I'm seeing mine. Only one of them is not accessible and it is "under" the skeleton's hand closest to you in the image. does that one not appear in that position for you - using my savegame?

@ Screwball : lockpick ref 10E287 is present in your savegame, but it cannot be taken. Lockpick ref 10E286 is not present.

disabling ref a22bb makes it accessible. Your savegame contains altered data for this interior.

Load your savegame, go out of this interior, enter resetinterior 1f358 in console and validate, wait for at least 1 hour ingame, come back and see...

Slow down a bit please - you're losing me. I've done nothing to Ansilvund to alter any data in there. The savegame was made during my first visit, so I have no understanding of what you're suggesting has happened.

So one at a time...

10E287 is indeed present and correct, but not takable, 10E286 is no longer present because it IS takeable and that savegame was made after I took it.

A22BB is the dirt they are all sitting on? Disabling that, if that is what is causing the problem, would allow 10E287 to be taken. That I can usderstand, what I can't understand is "Your savegame contains altered data for this interior.". How? I have checked and rechecked the 2 mods which are mine - neither have any reference to Ansilvund and never have had. They are as clean as I can make them.

I'll try the "reset" now and post the results.

By 'validate' I mean 'press the enter/return key to validate what you just entered in the console'. I'm french, and english is not my birth language. Sorry if I'm confusing you. On your savegame 10E287 is not at the place specified by USKP 2.1.3 and I don't know why. Maybe some shout or spell moved it to this unreachable position ?  :shrug:

He means form 10E287 is listed as modified in your save game. Which means it moved somehow.

10E286 is also listed as "modified" but since you say you picked it up, that would be why.

(Checked using Hadoram's save tool program)

@Nico coiN

Done the reset - it made no difference. I can still take one lockpick (and the dagger) but not the other. They continue to be in their usual positions (for me) which are not the same as for you (in your image).

@Arthmoor

Looking at the one I can pick up, in the CK, shows it located above the "ground". Ingame, after performing the suggested reset, it is ON the ground. Maybe Havok is causing it to drop slightly thus causing this otherwise inexplicable movement?

As for the lockpick(s) - yours are NOT where I'm seeing mine. Only one of them is not accessible and it is "under" the skeleton's hand closest to you in the image. does that one not appear in that position for you - using my savegame?

I specifically placed the lockpick where Nico's screenshot (in post #1312 above) shows it, because it wouldn't stay put in the skeleton's hand. Also tested and could pick it up just fine so either something is up with your save (not sure what) or it is being havoked by something - maybe draugr shouts or magic effects.

There is something clearly wrong with my installation in that case. This problem, coupled with my Solitude problem with RFYL, leads me to believe I have corruption somewhere. So, this current game is going to get junked, all the U*P and other mods carefully re-extracted and copied to my Data folder and a new game started.

I'll keep you posted...

Might I suggest a cache validation with Steam while you're at it? You may have corrupted vanilla files as well.

Good idea, though I'll have to make sure it's all backed up first - going anywhere near Steam (for that kind of operation) has a habit of clearing out folders I can't afford to lose...

Ok, so the verification found 5 files. 4 of them are understandable (Update, Dawnguard, Hearthfires, Dragonborn) - they were cleaned with Tes5Edit so Steam thinks they needed re-downloading. What's worrying is that I cannot find what that 5th file was...

SkyrimPrefs.ini - had to compare it with my old one to get the game looking something like how I want it.

You are SO not going to like this...

BOTI - presumably due to the changes made for #19281 Wuunfurth is now not providing the relevent dialog option (for the Amulet) after accusing him of Necromancy. The dialog just goes back to the main list of options.

I have 21 Butcher leaflets, Volumes 1 and 2 of the Butcher's Journal and the "Strange Amulet". Oh, and a savegame, should it be required. ;)

Load Order:-

Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp (2.1.3)
USKPRevert.esp (reverts unwanted USKP 2.1.2 ownership changes on certain outdoor containers)
SBBasement.esm
Run For Your Lives.esp (2.0.5)

[edit] Link corrected. [/edit]

No, you mean Shroob isn't going to like that. He made a whole slew of changes in an effort to fix things and if that's now broken.... :P

Also, you appear to have had a clipboard malfunction. Your link for the bug is pointing to some random post on the autodesk forum.