[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Arthmoor

The Solitude Mill can be seen from the ground at the docks, yes? Or are we talking about something ridiculously small nobody will see even then? :P

• 2 weeks later...

Actually that doesn't matter. A mod based ini will override both files.

Arthmoor just a heads up, found something which suggests that a Mod.ini setting will only affect Skyrim.ini settings, and not Skyrimprefs.ini

Creation Kit reference :

http://www.creationkit.com/INI_files

Mod Defined

Mods can define INI files to override settings from Skyrim.ini. Mod defined INI files should have the same name as the plugin file and are only applied if the plugin is loaded by the game.

So Mod ini's can change settings you would ordinarily find in Skyrim.ini

I guess that means if you try to include anything you would find in skyrimprefs.ini it will not work.

I think there's an ini included in Enhanced Blood Textures that's supposed to change stuff in skyrimprefs.ini, but if it didn't work, surely people would point that out by now?

This mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60/? ?

Read the first couple of pages of comments .. They already are reporting problems related to the ini settings, one user suggests manually editing ini settings in accordance with the description - If the mod ini is working, why is any manual editing required ?

Someone else has tried including bfloatpointrendertarget=1 in a mod ini ( edited the USKP ini to include it ), to set that for enb ( overriding the default =0 in skyrimprefs.ini ) - enb told him "bfloatpointrendertarget is not set to 1" - So obviously a skyrimprefs.ini setting did not work there either.

If this is true, that kind of sucks. Having to manually remove something from the prefs file which the game uses interchangeably with the skyrim.ini file is silly.

This mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60/? ?

Read the first couple of pages of comments .. They already are reporting problems related to the ini settings, one user suggests manually editing ini settings in accordance with the description - If the mod ini is working, why is any manual editing required ?

Someone else has tried including bfloatpointrendertarget=1 in a mod ini ( edited the USKP ini to include it ), to set that for enb ( overriding the default =0 in skyrimprefs.ini ) - enb told him "bfloatpointrendertarget is not set to 1" - So obviously a skyrimprefs.ini setting did not work there either.

I don't know, I went through 20 latest pages looking for "ini", and didn't find anything interesting.

@ Arthmoor did you see post #880 in response to your post #827 .. Or have you just read Octopuss post #881 onwards ?

@ Octopuss - You will not find "ini" in the posts I am talking about, but if you read the description of the ini edits his mod ini is supposed to do, then some of the problems people are having with things not visually expected which are related to those ini settings .. It becomes evident that the mod ini is not working as it should with the edits which would normally be in skyrimprefs.ini

"I think there's an ini included in Enhanced Blood Textures that's supposed to change stuff in skyrimprefs.ini, but if it didn't work, surely people would point that out by now?"

The mod description :

---------
---INI---
---------
This should already be done when you extracted the file.
Look for a config (ini) file called "dD - Enhanced Blood Main". It's inside the Skyrim data folder.

Follow steps below if you do not want to not use the included ini file.

-Goto:
...DocumentsMy GamesSkyrim

-Open Skyrim.ini
-Find [Display] and add this line below it:
fDecalLifetime=256.000
-Save

-Open SkyrimPrefs.ini
-Find iMaxDecalsPerFrame=
-Change the number to 350

-Next add this line below [decals]
bDecalsOnSkinnedGeometry=1 
-Save

So people who have installed it correctly, which will include the ini, so do not have to manually edit skyrimprefs.ini

Should not be getting problems like these :

truestr1ke 0 kudos10 posts
I have some kind of an issue. I believe I installed the mod correctly, the wounds from different weapons work buuut there's no blood on the ground. Anyone knows how to fix this?

JohnnyBonfires 0 kudos4 posts
For some reason, no blood will appear on the ground for me. I've tweaked the .ini files a bit to try and fix this issue, but nothing will work! Could someone please help me with this?

Author reply to above -
dDefinder1 206 kudos747 posts
Increase your decal amount graphics in the Skyrim launcher. <--- Why is this needed if the mod ini is working ?

mlee3141 5 kudos667 posts
For some reason, blood pools refuse to appear.

fangdarro 0 kudos15 posts
I really enjoy using this mod. Yet for some odd reason when I kill enemies, I don't see any blood splatters. Is there anyway I could fix this problem and yes I have read the FAQ.

TheFirstEnD 4 kudos300 posts
Have you edit your ini files as it is asked to do in the description? <--- Why is this needed if the mod ini is working ?

Caesar1904 0 kudos15 posts
the blood pool doesn't appear 
ps: in mod configuration menu is activated

TheFirstEnD 4 kudos300 posts
Have you edit your ini files as it is asked to do in the description? <--- Why is this needed if the mod ini is working ?

Those are the posts I mean which should be an indication to the author that maybe the ini with skyrimprefs.ini entries is not working as the author thinks it should in the description.

I do not use the mod personally, but surely it should be obvious to someone who does that things are not working as described for those people.

I saw your post on the last page. I tend not to take Nexus threads as proof of anything, and the wiki may not be entirely accurate. It needs to be verified with something that will be obviously wrong by testing it ourselves.

Ah I see - If you are using ENBoost, that would be easy to prove ..

Set UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true - to false ( enables all ENB Graphics settings in enbseries.ini )

And leave bfloatpointrendertarget=0 in skyrimprefs.ini

Now set

[Display]

bFloatPointRenderTarget=1 -> in uskp.ini

Load the game and ENB will moan at you for not setting bFloatPointRenderTarget=1 ( where by this time you would expect the USKP.ini setting to have done its thing if it was also able to include skyrimprefs.ini settings )

Edit : Or if you dont have ENB, use 

[Display]

iTexMipMapSkip=2

Sets your graphics to low, which would be very obvious on your machine if it worked.

If you haven't by the time I'm up again in the morning or something, testing it with a change to uGridsToLoad should produce an immediately visible change upon loading the game in an exterior cell. Just don't SAVE while doing that test.

Ah you didnt see my edit of the ENB post ? ( I thought I posted that just before your reply post )

[Display]

iTexMipMapSkip=2

That skyrimprefs.ini setting to make Graphic detail setting low, does not work when included in USKP.ini

Which backs up the Creation Kit wiki

Edit :  :ninja: Gruftlord

• 2 weeks later...

Adding a comment to an issue which could not be reproduced ...

http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/tracdown/issue/16232-calixto-runs-away-before-killing-a-victim/

Sorry to say its more Blood on the Ice problems.

I have had a slightly different problem with this recently, 2.0.6 installed

Calixto could be found in my game in the stone quarter, Market area, standing behind an NPC named Idesa Sadri, close to the corner of the market area where there is an enchanting table.

If you get close to him, and watch for an eternity ( even advancing time one hour at a time for 48 hours ), he does nothing, and if you get close enough you can read "This NPC is busy".

The victim cannot be engaged in conversation, but will speak a sentence if you try to.

You cannot attack Calixto in my game, because the nearby guard will attack you. ( I tried fighting the guard and Calixto and died in the process - And noticed something else odd here ; After being resurrected by the game at the last auto save, Calixto was standing literally inside his victim, so as they sway about ( idle anim ) you can see one NPC coming out of the other, so something wrong with collision here too ). A reload of the game from a good save prior to this point puts Calixto directly behind the Victim with space between them )

But if you use the console to kill him, that completes the quest ( As does also using the console to kill the victim first for him, and then killing Calixto ).

Edit : I went the route where Wuunferth becomes imprisoned, and Blood on the Ice quest starts again after a further murder is discovered.

Edit 2 : Name of NPC

Played through BOTI just the other day - no issues. Waited by the market (admittedly out of sight of the guard), Calixto appears, moves in for the kill and gets an arrow in the back for his trouble. Job done, no problems at all.

New(ish) game, USKP 2.0.6 from the start, only 2 other mods neither of which should impact on the quest in any way.

MS11 or MS11b ?  ( 11b for me ), I too do not have anything installed which would interfere with this.

Edit : One thing I recall which may be different than most people, after receiving the part which says patrol the area, I advanced time to 9pm the following day ( standing in the area near candlehearth hall ), then again kept advancing time until I eventually walked around and found the two of them in the market square just looking at the corner of the square, calixto behind the victim.

I did not manage to sneak up on the area where the murder is likely to take place ( never done the quest before personally, so did not know what to expect or exactly where to expect it, BOTI virgin :) )

A. Jorleif > Viola > Wuunferth > kill Calixto. I never talk to Calixto, either casually or as part of the quest. I have done the B option before (without any problems) but on this occasion I didn't bother.

Calixto could be found in my game in the stone quarter, Market area, standing behind an NPC named Sadia, close to the corner of the market area where there is an enchanting table.

I don't recall there being an NPC named "Sadia" in the vanilla game, unless you mean Shahvee or Silda. I have no clue why this would happen either, because MS11b worked fine for me last time I did it.

Or Saadia (Bannered Mare, Whiterun), though what she'd be doing in Windhelm is anyone's guess.

And when did you get promoted? :P (congrats anyway :))