[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Arthmoor

Arthmoor I have made a post in relation to the mod Colorful Lights No Shadows - in this topic

I am not holding my breath for the author to reply, or make a patch .. I think he gave up on the mod ages ago.

I am pretty certain the problem is due to the new room in The Ragged Flagon - Possibly the more than 4 lights problem causing such anomalies ?

But have no idea how anyone would go about making a patch to make that plugin compatible with newer USKPs ( since USKP 1.3.3 which introduced this )

Is there an easy way anyone could throw one together ?

Or could this be addressed by the USKP to lessen one of the lights which meets the object other lights also intersect upon ?

Maybe an Omni-directional light which could be directional instead .. or whatever would need to be done

I would imagine this would potentially also affect other lighting mods too ( although if they are still in development probably have found their own workarounds already ).

.. alsoooo - Just seen something but cannot figure out what would apply to the USKP

Reference : Timing is Everything by Kryptopyr

And this post

The update includes new features and options, as well as a handful of fixes for vanilla bugs which haven't been picked up by the unofficial patches yet.

Why do people not report these supposed handfulls of bugs that they say exist? I'm not about to go picking through a mod that's changing things that aren't necessarily bugs to try and find what they think ARE bugs.

She. And I meant report them to us in the tracker, not on some random forum :P

Last night I came across a glitch in Hjerim - part of the ceiling in the living room is shifted slightly over, creating a gap: http://i.imgur.com/34bg3nC.jpg

I'm running USKP 2.0.6. I saw an entry on the 2.0.7 changelog mentioning a bug ("z-fighting on hjerim wood floor") which I'm guessing deals more with beams popping up through the boards and the clipped rug in the bedroom doorway, but does the new beta fix this ceiling issue? Or could it be a random glitch in my save game? I'm not running any mods that would conflict with UKSP on that cell.

Version 2.0.7 is now live, enjoy!

Please note that the locations for the changelogs have changed. The link in the OP has been updated.

Reference last nights re-upload problems ( possible caching of the old file still being served to users ) ..

I have posted a question for attention of DarkOne in this post

I doubt if there will be anything can be done, but you never know.

No, that was the expected response another user already suggested I go with. Though now I'm wondering if Robin will want us to wait for that official response before replacing the files.

Glad I mentioned it over there now, looks like they may have other related issues. Well at least there is a way forward by slightly renaming files differently in the meantime waiting for the verdict.

I was reading the book 2920, vol 09 - Hearth Fire. The first part was titled as "2 Hearth Fire, 2920, Gideon, Black Marsh". But as the story and history goes, the 3rd part starts as "6 Hearth Fire, 2920 Gideon, Cyrodiil"

Am I missing something here? Isn't Gideon in Black Marsh? Why does it say "Cyrodill"?

Arthmoor something mentioned on Nexus comments by JohnLR

I dont know if its a concern or not, but sounds like he has prior experience of the same problem solving :

The arthmoor made ​​an incorrect fix, it probably increased the time of the hazard of guardian-circle to 60, but that only changes the place of problem, correcting the spell and changing the scroll of the spell,

The correct fix for the time of hazard of the two circles, is to mark the "inherit from spawn spell duration" in hazards:
- CircleOfProtectionHazard"
- GuardianCircleHazard"
- GuardianCircleTurnHazard"

When I was trying to fix this glitch, I made ​​that mistake too. tongue.gif
But following it there, the two circles back to normal, leaving only the interconnection with perks.

And about the glitch of the circle of protection do not have the time doubled by double-cast.
It is because the multiplier of double-cast is the value 0.5000 and non 1.0000.

I was reading the book 2920, vol 09 - Hearth Fire. The first part was titled as "2 Hearth Fire, 2920, Gideon, Black Marsh". But as the story and history goes, the 3rd part starts as "6 Hearth Fire, 2920 Gideon, Cyrodiil"

Am I missing something here? Isn't Gideon in Black Marsh? Why does it say "Cyrodill"?

Yes, Gideon is in Black Marsh, but it is relatively close to the border of Cyrodiil. Not sure why it says Cyrodiil there though. I agree that it doesn't make a lot of sense; it's probably a typo unless Gideon was actually part of Cyrodiil for a short time or something, but I'm not aware of anything like that.

The correct fix for the time of hazard of the two circles, is to mark the "inherit from spawn spell duration" in hazards:

- CircleOfProtectionHazard"

- GuardianCircleHazard"

- GuardianCircleTurnHazard"

I think that this could be possibly be correct, because I noticed yesterday that the issue didn't get fixed. I assumed that it might have just been a non-retroactive change, but this could possibly mean that more steps are necessary to fix it. This might be something to look into for the next USKP release though.

Yes, Gideon is in Black Marsh, but it is relatively close to the border of Cyrodiil. Not sure why it says Cyrodiil there though. I agree that it doesn't make a lot of sense; it's probably a typo unless Gideon was actually part of Cyrodiil for a short time or something, but I'm not aware of anything like that.

Yes, it's very close to the border of Cyrodill, with a possibility that it was once part of Cyrodiil.

I have tested and read the same book in Oblivion now and it has the same title - "Gideon, Cyrodiil". I assume the same text exists in Morrowind too. Since this book has its presence in all three major ES games, I guess we should leave the title name as it is.

In my new game with latest patches applied, I caught a Whiterun guard near Pelagia's farm without a torch even though he acted like he was using one.

I think you'll find that's a long standing "engine bug" which can't be fixed by the UPP team. NPCs drinking from non-existent tankards or eating non-existent food and yes, guards holding non-existent torches, are all part of the same problem.

I've seen it so many times I no longer take any notice of it. Playing Skyrim for over 6,000 hours will do that to you.

Bersi Honey-Hand (Pawned Prawn, Riften), if he's sitting at the table instead of standing behind the counter, does it at least 50% of the time (no food or tankard but animation playing).

Viarmo (Bards College, Solitude) loses the torch he had when lighting the Effigy at the end of Tending the Flames. Most times, though not every time. Proceeds to stand around holding nothing, which looks pretty silly.

Guards too numerous to mention, in places I've forgotten about ;)

Btw, Bug #12884 ;)

hi guys

there is file name unofficial skyrim patch.ini in Unofficial Skyrim Patch-19-2-0-7.7z

where i should copy this? in data?

Correct. That file goes in the data folder with the other files.