[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Arthmoor

They went more than just a little. I just purged a whole mess of Whiterun interior meshes that should not have been there. Stuff for walls and floors that have no light sources to modify. It means they're probably overriding a number of fixes that shouldn't be getting overridden.

Think I'm gonna just uninstall it and look for a new lighting mod that doesn't do things like this.

RLO is getting a major update soonish ;)

I'm a little wary on this particular bug report/fix (Sorry Nico). [snip]

Due to a very, very bad connection with many, many failures atm, I'm afraid I can't elaborate on the chat. I answered directly on the issue topic.

Arthmoor, I think I never saw the issue you're talking about (black outline on fire textures). Can you tell about a specific place/reference where it is mostly visible ?

In Helgen, just find a fire and it should become obvious before long. Or use my alt-start and the campsite start. Should be able to spot it quickly that way. It's an issue that cropped up with Patch 1.6 and never went away.

What antialiasing settings are you using? I read that those faint outlines around fires and spells can happen if you use an aa setting too high or force it through you grafics card's settings.

I personally don't see any issue on fires, but what shape is it supposed to look like ? The 'purple scale' or the 'grey dome' ?

FirewithEmbers.jpg

What antialiasing settings are you using? I read that those faint outlines around fires and spells can happen if you use an aa setting too high or force it through you grafics card's settings.

It's really noticeable with AA8, not so much with 4 or lower.

Quick question regarding this entry:

Farkas will no longer lose his Skyforge Steel Greatsword during the Companions quest Proving Honor and then be reassigned an incorrect Iron Greatsword he's stuck with thereafter

This only ensures that he is equipped with the correct sword after his transition, correct?  It does not remove the sword he dropped during the transition?

I'm curious because in my setup his first skyforge steel greatsword is lying on the ground while he has a second one on his back.

This only ensures that he is equipped with the correct sword after his transition, correct?  It does not remove the sword he dropped during the transition?

Yes, that is correct. He would be stuck with an iron greatsword for the remainder of the game like the change log says.

I'm curious because in my setup his first skyforge steel greatsword is lying on the ground while he has a second one on his back.

This was determined to not be a bug:

Tracker issue: http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/tracdown/issue/14502-farkas-drops-copy-of-skyforge-steel-greatsword-during-c01/

Yes, that is correct. He would be stuck with an iron greatsword for the remainder of the game like the change log says.

This was determined to not be a bug:

Tracker issue: http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/tracdown/issue/14502-farkas-drops-copy-of-skyforge-steel-greatsword-during-c01/

Alright...

It is an oddity at the moment to see one on the ground and a new one on his person.  However, I can attest to the fact that it does clean up.  I had no lockpicks going in. Finally obtained a couple at the end of the dungeon.  Went back through the zones picking all the locks I had passed, the sword along with that scene's corpses were all gone.

Typo errors in the latest changelog : 

Mesh and Texture Fixes
  • Khajiit tales do not light properly in shadows - the shadow map is reversed. (textures\actors\character\khajiitfemale\femalebody_msn.dds, textures\actors\character\khajiitmale\bodymale_msn.dds) (Bug #16906)

Text Fixes
  • DialogueWhiterun (Hello) [0002F6AE]: "The only grownups who talk to me are the kind I don't want talking to me." -> "The only grown-ups who talk to me are the kind I don't want talking to me." (Bug #17622)

Is in fact 0202F6AE

Beta file was updated:

* Removed excess normal maps for Bug #17344

* Updated the fix for pixelated Hagraven veins.

* Fixed a minor glitch in the new retro script if MGR10 isn't running.

* Some more minor text and dialogue issues have been fixed.

I don't know if this fix is retroactive but isn't working for me.

Discerning the Transmundane (DA04) appears to have lost several properties due to unknown causes, possibly from bad official patches that have since been undone. Not many people seem to have been affected by this so it may have been caused by a Steam beta patch that went bad and was quickly corrected. These properties will now be restored allowing the quest to be completed. (Bug #13934)

It was retroactive and fixed whatever the problem was at the time. If it's broken itself again for you then you may have another mod that's caused the same thing to happen. The actual cause was never pinned down. It's only speculation that it came from a bad official patch.

Hm! Except for all unofficial patches, I'm using only few mods and mostly those that alter saturation, flora richness, sit anywhere and such. No particular overhauls and drastic game changes, pretty much straight vanilla game.

However, that thing from Septimus never worked for my character, even with your fix applied. But since the problem was never pinned down, I guess it won't be fixed until I start a new game.

Posting this here since I'm not sure if you would consider this a bug or not.

It is about Winterhold College lectures and dead actors.

College lectures wouldn't start for me, not matter what. Except the Colette lecture. Then, I checked in Creation Kit (with USKP 2.0.6 loaded, of course), and I saw that the main difference of Colette lecture and all others, is that all spectactors of Colette lecture were alive in my game. All other lectures had Mirabelle and Ancano, which were already dead. (they also have Arniel and Nyria, which can both die in the game). I reverted to an old save before they died and the lectures played fine.

So, I took a look at the Creation Kit, at the MGCollegeLectureInfos quest. In quest aliases, all these actors had the optional flag. But, in scenes -> Edit Actor behaviour, the Death End checkboxes were checked in all lectures for all characters. I unchecked them for Nirya, Mirabelle, Ancano and Arniel, in all lectures (except Colette lectures, where they aren't), and now all lectures can be played even if some of those spectators are dead.

Now the question is wether you consider this a bug or not. I personally think that a few spectators missing should not be reason for the lectures not to happen. Mainly since the main quest is so short and two of them are gonna die not matter what, it doesn't give time to listen to the lectures.

EDIT: I just saw that the Faralda scene Action 15 has conditional lines for wether Savos Aren is dead or not. And after Savos Aren is dead, the hall of elements is not safe until main quest is completed. In other words, after Ancano and Mirabelle are dead. So definitely, this scene should also be played after the main quest.

EDIT2: just added to the bugtrack, since I think it belongs there.

hi

i found problem not in the patch in the game

the resist to poison and disease for vampires don't work

can you fix it ? please

hi

i found problem not in the patch in the game

the resist to poison and disease for vampires don't work

can you fix it ? please

Going to need more detail with that, I have never encountered any issue

I am Vampire and I must have 100 % resist to poison

when i fight with frostbite spider or any creature have poison when they hit me (Frostbite Spider throw a poison) the game said your poisened and yes it's ture

effect of the poison gets me

(sorry if i have mistake in writing)

The game has an internal hard cap on all resistance values of 85%. There is no true immunity in Skyrim.

I have turned off the debug log for the 2.0.7 beta .. So far as I have seen there is no point having it on  :unworthy:

The ass kissing is strong with this one XD haha

just playing with ya ya 2.07 seems very stable  so cant wait for the release :D