[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Arthmoor

Hrm. That thing again? If you happen to have the save for that and can upload it, I'd appreciate it.

Savegame immediately prior to the error appearing in the log uploaded

Archive includes the log containing the error. Definitely no "Kill the bandit leader" quests. Problem is I did quite a few radiant (Companions) quests during the session - at exactly what point the error occurred is difficult to determine.

Uploaded save begins immediately after completing Aela's 3rd "Totem" quest, the next savegame shows the following were done during the session:-

Animal Extermination (Aela) (Next savegame)

Dragon Seekers (Vilkas)

Animal Extermination (Aela)

Purity (Farkas)

Escaped Criminal (Vilkas)

Totems of Hircine (provided game starts here)

[edit] What's with that huge blob up there for the uploaded file??? [/edit]

The forum's somewhat odd way of attaching media to posts. :P

After completing that totem quest, did you leave Whiterun?

I would have gone into Jorrvaskr, spoken to one or more of the Companions until I got an appropriate dialog response (sometimes Farkas and Vilkas don't have any "work" options at all) then exited Jorrvaskr and probably Fast Travelled immediately to the location for the new quest. I can't remember exactly, but I had several of Aela's quests send me to Winterhold, Dragon Seekers was to Dragontooth Crater, Escaped Criminal was to Eastmarch (initially close to Windhelm but he was moving Westwards).

So yes, I would have left Whiterun, but not immediately.

I have not checked it with a new game, no. Due to not having my AC I haven't had as much time as I'd like to check stuff like that over the last week or so. If you could try that out I'd appreciate it.

Sorry, I was really busy IRL these last days. Well, I started a new game and I can confirm that the Slaughterfish fix does work on a new character who gains Voice of the Sky. :)

It is, however, non-retroactive on a character who had already Voice of the Sky active.

This fix seems to be non-retroactive, I could fast travel even with 2.0.5 beta :

• The Shearpoint map marker will no longer be immediately available for fast travel if it is revealed by guards but you've never been there before. (Bug #16138)

Shouldn't this fix have also the [NR] tag in the USKP changelog ?

Alright, I'll mark both of those non-retroactive in the changelog. Thanks :)

Quick question--what exactly does this changelog entry for 2.0.5 mean?

Erik the Slayer (and his pre-hireling Erik form) has equipment meant for the CombatWarrior1H class but was set to the CombatBarbarian class. (Bug #14739)

...because I'm now running into an issue in my game where, upon leveling up, Erik abruptly switches from mastery of light armor/2H weapons to heavy armor/1H weapons. I've eliminated the possibility of this being a bug with AFT (which I'm also using), since this still happens without any follower management mods installed. Updating the USKP to 2.0.5 is one of the very few changes I've made to my load order between my last level up and the current one.

If this is a deliberate change on the USKP's part, is there a way for me to undo it on my end? All my smithing perks are geared toward light armor, so switching Erik's armor class this late in the game (I'm currently level 48) kind of screws me and him both over because I can't craft him any armor as good as what he had when he favored light armor.

Doesn't the light armor route allow you to smith steel plate and drogon bone armor?

Otherwise do you have experience with tes5edit? It should be pretty easy to write a little plugin that changes erik back to the barbarian class.

Doesn't the light armor route allow you to smith steel plate and drogon bone armor?

Otherwise do you have experience with tes5edit? It should be pretty easy to write a little plugin that changes erik back to the barbarian class.

I can do steel plate (which isn't good enough at this level), but haven't yet gotten to a skill level where I can do dragonbone. I was looking at the list of heavy armors I could craft/hone for him last night and comparing it to his prior armor ratings when he was in light armor and facepalming. It wasn't pretty.

My experience with TES5Edit is fairly minimal, but I was able to just delete Erik's entry out of the USKP .esp entirely, since as far as I could tell the class change is the only alteration the USKP makes to him. I assume that's okay, if a bit of a slapdash solution. I just tested leveling up again and his skills are no longer playing musical chairs. Spontaneous mid-life crisis averted.

You can also right click the enty and options should come up to copy it into another plugin. Select new plugin and change erik in that one back to what you want him to be. That way you do not have to modify the patch itself and do not need to do it each time the uskp updates.

Or have a look at the new loot and degradation mod. You can hire blacksmiths to temper equipment for you.

I forgot to check on tracdown for a while but I've finally started to upload pictures of argonains in ill fitting helmets. (Argonian helmet problem)

That Erik thing should be reverted, IMO -- his combat style makes it clear he's supposed to use two-handed weapons, which means his default class is correct. An unused chest suggests hide armor and an iron greatsword, if his inventory must be changed.

I also do not think that change needed to be. Afaik, he gets his adventuring starting equipment from his father's old military chest. Doesn't mean it compliments his abilities.

Actually I think it's implied, at least if you give his father the money for it, that he goes to Whiterun to buy his gear. At least that's what I remember. Although I'd also argue that it's definitely within Erik's character to buy the completely wrong equipment and not realize it until the Dragonborn comes along and sets him straight...but I digress.

I'd agree that if a change absolutely has to be made, change Erik's starter equipment, not his class. I'm obviously rather biased, having 300+ in-game hours under my belt with Erik's default behavior, but light/2H/archery suits his combat style perfectly fine (and he's damn good at what he does). 

That Erik thing should be reverted, IMO -- his combat style makes it clear he's supposed to use two-handed weapons, which means his default class is correct. An unused chest suggests hide armor and an iron greatsword, if his inventory must be changed.

I'd agree that if a change absolutely has to be made, change Erik's starter equipment, not his class. I'm obviously rather biased, having 300+ in-game hours under my belt with Erik's default behavior, but light/2H/archery suits his combat style perfectly fine (and he's damn good at what he does). 

I so agree!  I just started a new character, so I'm not biased because I have a ton of hours invested in the character, but he is my favorite hireling to use with most of my mage characters, so I guess I'm biased on that account.  Please change him back and just give him the proper equipment!!

Edited to add: my TES5Edit experience is nil, otherwise I'd just follow Gruftlord's suggestion; however, with my luck (and lack of skill), I'd probably explode something!

i started a new fresh game with 2.0.5a installedd

o you guys got the same bugs?

i try google that should be an old bugs, but this is the first time i get these bugs

bug 1 : Dragon at Mount Anthor disappear *quest: dragonborn go kill a dragon with blades*

Google best solution for me : console "prid 32ac2" -> "moveto player"

bug 2 : mission Blood On The Ice

murder scene trigger, but the Guard disappear....

anybody can help me with this? thanks

Patch : ? untill 2.0.5a

Quest : ILL MET BY MOONLIGHT

There are lots bear inside the cave which will interupt the conversation scene with Sinding

The goblet thing has been fixed for the upcoming 2.0.6 update.

Bears in the grotto are normal as far as I remember.

if not mistaken those Bears souldnt be there if the Quest has started.

Wolf and Bears only appear when the Quest isnt started or completed.

When I played without the USKP, the bears, spriggans and such would not spawn during the Ill Met By Moonlight quest.  Any other quest that took me to that cave would spawn them as well as make a few other changes such as removing the hunters, tents and changing some of the rubble.  Pre-USKP this area had some of those lvlPredator (whatever the full script name is I can't remember) script errors.  After the USKP fixed that script situation these creatures would spawn when doing Ill Met By Moonlight quest as well.

Now that the creatures are present they tend to interrupt Sinding's intended behavior.  Sinding is supposed to force greet the player when the player reaches a certain spot.  Many times he is too busy fighting one of the creatures (usually a sabre cat).  In some cases, he won't even talk to the player until returning to the original position.  In other cases, if he has dispatched the creature prior to the player reaching the talk zone, he will talk but won't follow the player (if the player chose to spare him) until first returning to the original position.  I have even had the pleasure of Sinding cutting off his dialog to defend himself from some creature and thus having to repeat the dialog afterwards.

In this particular situation, I would prefer to have the lvlPredator related script errors/warnings in my log than have the oddities that can be created by the creatures appearances.

Version 2.0.6 is now available for beta testing - second post has the details. Yes, that's a hell of a lot of typo fixes, but Pete thinks we've got them all (or damn close to it) now.

Actually we're only looking at 1-2 weeks, and only 2 if something goes wrong. Outside of all the text stuff there wasn't as much as we usually have.

Indeed, I had noticed that 2.0.6 had come quite soon after 2.0.5. I recall 2.0.5 had a long beta period

Either that or my summer is going by at super speeds. Crap :P I must be wasting it all playing Skyrim, clearly I need to get out an enjoy it before it's gone