[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Arthmoor

Reference Chief Yamarz fancying a bit of cross country running http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/tracdown/issue/18511-navmesh-problems-for-chief-yamarz-largashbur/

Finally got around to having another go at the quest

And I think the second location can be dropped as a problem. It depends how close you are to him when running if he goes off the beaten track there, and he can choose a few different places .. So I no longer think that there is a navmesh problem near goldenglow estate bridge

The first location though after the fallen tree I can reproduce every time ( with no mods that change anything in the area, nor any dirty edits to be suspect of ), no matter if I am running at different distances from Yamarz or if I run on ahead and wait a good distance in front of where he goes off road.

I think that is the only potential problem there - But if you dont find anything, dont worry about it, its one thing that can be immersively put down to him being distracted by something he saw while running so its no big problem in itself ( unless it would be something that affected other mods .. I dont know on that score )

• 1 month later...

Version 2.1.2 is now in beta, second post has the details.

I havent had much time to test 2.1.2 betas ( all UPPs ), but so far out of the three sessions I have had .. No problems or papyrus errors to report. Really glad to see the whiterun water blanking issue finally squashed.

Arthmoor reference the SkyrProc problems ..

Considering that Skyproc's report on the problem is "skyproc.exceptions.BadRecord: HEDR doesn't know what to do with a XXXX record" and that the number of entries within the Header record have exceeded the 2^14 limit, it's possible thatSkyproc is using a data structure that can no longer contain them all. This (temporary) link contains two versions of a test ESM file; the one that works in Skyproc contains less than 2^14 entries, the one that doesn't contains more. I've filed a bug report about this.

I think those ONAM records within the header are automatically created (probably by TES5Edit ?) to allow the USKP ESM to override certain vanilla entries. In other words, limiting those entries would be the same as asking Arthmoor to stop fixing stuff. While the request to provide a temporary 2.1.1 makes sense, asking Arthmoor to "help fix" this, doesn't.

The linked file is not a fix.

So probably a limitation of the patcher, which is pretty much as you suspected I think.

Yep. Almost certain they'll find SkyProc is using 16 bit integers for subrecord counting and the ONAM subrecords are now clocking in at 18000+. Which as Axonis says, we can't get rid of. Doing so would effectively mean blocking the edits from working since those ONAM subrecords are required for the overrides to show up in the game.

It's also not something we can revert back to being a normal esp for. That would cause several landscape related engine bugs, some LOD issues, and a lot of navmesh instability to be reintroduced and that's not acceptable either.

If I remember enough Java, this really should be a straightforward thing for them to fix in SkyProc by simply defining the variable type as a 32 bit integer. From the sound of things, people updating from MO 1.2.x to 1.3.x are already getting a similar fix from that because some of the users reported that uprgade fixed their issue entirely. Most likely the ones who aren't using any SkyProc patchers.

Cross posting from USKP thread on Nexus:

For the record, I downloaded a hex editor and looked. Immediately before the ONAM subrecord in the TES4 header is an XXXX subrecord. The value stored here is 0x011ADC, which when converted to decimal is 72412. That corresponds to what the "Data Size" value in the header says is here. 72412 + the rest is likely the 72856 value TES5Edit shows for the entire TES4 record.

Data on UESP confirms that XXXX subrecords are treated as 32 bit integers. This is why the CK does not complain and why the game does not care.

• 2 weeks later...

Beta version 2.1.3 is now up. Details in the second post. Yes, despite the very short time frame, it's a bit of a doozie.

3-digit numbered Bug fixed, wtf? seriously, this is a surprising long list this time.

with so many LOD issues now included (including a missing LOD wall), might it be possible to reconsider this one next time:

http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/tracdown/issue/13394-nightcaller-temple-lod-missing-wall/

edit: 230 armor meshes and 188 clothing meshes fixed, O.o

Ah, yes, I had forgotten about that. A year ago that would have been a seriously massive time burden. Ticket's been revived. Don't know what might be needed to address it but Nico's gotten pretty good with this stuff lately.

Also going to revive Bug #12944 as well.

Dont know if anyone else had this but 2.1.3 beta gives me instant CTD loading any of my saves.

Its a Load Screen CTD, so first thing to check was any missing masters .. No problems in that department.

Because its a CTD I get no clues from Papyrus logs, just the usual errors from WVA and RFYL due to not having SKYUI .. before they are cut off short due to the CTD.

I was hoping to get back to Yamarz pretty quickly and test the new preferred path, http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/tracdown/issue/18511-navmesh-problems-for-chief-yamarz-largashbur/

unfortunately its going to take a while to get there.

A New Game start with 2.1.3 is working fine ( so far anyway ).

Struck through Starting a new game is fine - The new game I started before posting my last post was working ok

Then I went back to load up my new level 2 character - CTD at load screen again with this new save made only twenty minutes ago and beta 2.1.3 still installed.

Wish I could help further trouble shoot this, but I have nothing that can help determine exactly what the problem could be apart from 2.1.3 beta is the only changes to my setup made along with the new Point The Way version has been installed today.

Double checked for missing masters because its a load screen CTD, confirmed not the problem. All my saves have all masters installed ( my load order never really changes in my ongoing games ).

Edit : Reverting back to 2.1.2 setup because I cant do anything with 2.1.3 beta installed. Yamarz testing on hold.

At which specific place in the game is your character supposed to spawn when reloading your savegame ?

Various places for all my old saves - Riverside Shack ( South West of Kynesgrove - Level 6 ) / Castle Dour / Bannered Mair / Braidwood Inn / Sleeping Giant / Prisoner at the intro sequence just before choosing my character attributes ..

The most recent being the new game start ( with 2.1.3 installed to start the game with ) which was saved just after coming out of the cave from Helgen after the intro sequence.

All of them CTD at the load screen with 2.1.3 beta installed.

With 2.1.2 re-installed ( which I have now ) .. I can go back to any old saves no problem

What's your load order? I don't know why it would matter but it might. I've been bouncing around all over the game trying to induce a crash but can't get that to happen. My old saves load up fine, and they're not exactly shining examples of clean :P

There have been cases reported before of saves that had dirty havok that was fixable using Hadoram's save cleaner to reset all havok objects. Maybe give that a try and see?

More than 1 hour testing on my 3 years old rig with ENB, ENBoost, memory patch, heavy meshes & textures mods on ultra settings. Not a single CTD...  The only side effect is the noise of my CG fan.  :shrug:

Active Mod Files:

00  Skyrim.esm

01  Update.esm

02  Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp  [Version 2.1.2]

03  Dawnguard.esm

04  Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp  [Version 2.1.2]

05  HearthFires.esm

06  Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp  [Version 2.1.2]

07  Dragonborn.esm

08  Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp  [Version 2.1.2]

09  Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm

0A  Cutting Room Floor.esp  [Version 1.1.4]

0B  VanillaReducedTextures.esp

0C  Backup Movement Speed Reduction.esp

0D  ColorfulLightsNoShadows - Merged DLCs.esp

0E  ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

0F  RelightingSkyrim_Legendary.esp

10  ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

11  AOS.esp  [Version 2.5DGDB]

12  TrueStorms.esp

13  AOS2_TrueStorms Patch.esp

14  Bring Out Your Dead.esp  [Version 2.0.3]

15  Remove Interior Fog V2 - Full Version.esp

16  Ars Metallica - Legendary Edition.esp

17  Combat Evolved.esp

18  Animal Tweaks.esp

19  Guard Torch Remover.esp

1A  Insignificant Object Remover.esp

1B  WATER DG + DB.esp

1C  Run For Your Lives.esp  [Version 2.0.5]

1D  Point The Way.esp  [Version 1.0.6]

1E  sandboxcylinderheight.esp

1F  WATER Plants.esp

20  The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp  [Version 1.2.8]

21  When Vampires Attack.esp  [Version 2.0.5]

22  Smashed Patch.esp

Thats current load order after reverting - Replace 2.1.2 with 2.1.3 for trouble

But how would cleaning a save be needed on a brand new game start save ( made with 2.1.3 installed, and a new game started, then save just after Helgen intro sequence .. As previously mentioned ) which also CTDs when that is loaded ?

Try to disable mods that modify statics (0C to 10), and WATER. The numerous latest modifications on weapons might also conflict with Combat evolved. Also try to disable your Smashed patch.

Will grab all betas again, redo the smashed patch for the sixth time today ( and try without it too .. in the back of my mind this is bugging me that it could be a possible cause ) and will try disabling some mods .. Though I cant see any of that being responsible for a CTD at the load screen, its my usual load order which has been stable for a long time.

Combat Evolved just rebalances Combat Styles .. But will give that a test without too. Really cant understand this one, I dont get CTDs, and CTDs at the load screen are usually something missing that was there before .. Which is not the case for my slightly older saves, and cannot be the case for the new game start save.

Possible that the optimization mod needs an update?

Also I just pushed a beta update. xEdit found a previously hidden target error in the CW02A and CW02B objectives, plus I made sure the navmesh info map was updated in case that got forgotten. One never knows :P