[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Arthmoor

@Hana: I use that mod for the vampire attacks - it stops all the random vampire attacks that happen in town at night. If it's working properly no one should be dying at all and there shouldn't be any attacks at all in the towns. Don't they just occur when your character is in the town anyway? If so, the poster would know if people had been killed. I love that mod...I use it with another to stop the random encounters in the wilderness, because I hate the vampire attacks in Dawnguard. I'm pretty sure that vampire mod has nothing to do with their problem. I wouldn't have bought Dawnguard if it weren't for that mod and the other I mentioned.

Both of those issues have been fixed in previous versions of the USKP. They have been confirmed several times as fixed. I'm not sure what else you expect us to do?

Thanks Amy,

I couldn't see the full file name so assumed it was causing vampire attacks, not stopping them.

Also *cough* - our esteemed Lizard's own When Vampires Attack;)

i was using "run for your life" and "when vampires attack",

but there are still have chance that some BRAVE ppl will get killed  :rolleyes:

so i found the way to disable random dragons(by command) and this mod to disable vampires attack in town  :P

Both of those issues have been fixed in previous versions of the USKP. They have been confirmed several times as fixed. I'm not sure what else you expect us to do?

no offence, i am happy and grateful you guys work here

and i am not Expecting anything from your team

if i do, i will Expecting from game developer cause i paid for the game  :P

i just simply let you guys know that some confirmed fixed bugs might appear

and sorry that i am not expert in modding, so i cannot give you ppl more info like others do

http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/tracdown/issue/17973-blood-on-the-ice/

seem that i am not the only one who found the problem  :cry:

Skyrim is already unstable without mods to make it worse I just cleaned out a bunch myself and it was night and day the difference it made in general. I have seen stuff like this in my previous unfinished play through, and as Arthmoor said then. When it happens, it really falls apart.

So, the mods you are running and the performance of your computer need to be balanced. However based on the very tiny load order you posted I'd say this doesn't apply to you. I'm not sure, but if this happens on a fairly basic setup then Skyrim truly is broken beyond anything we could have imagined.

@Hana: I'm embarrassed to say I tried the esteemed one's mod and it bugged out on me. :redface:  My combo just stops the attacks totally, which is better for me, because I was so scared of my cities being wiped out. And one of the mods also stops the random dragon attacks on the towns too - aka a two for one deal.. I was so paranoid about buying Dawnguard that I didn't buy it till another player recommended these two mods based on long-term personal experience, so I just bought it within the last couple of months. I even refused to get it when I played on the PS3, since I didn't have access to mods for it.

Also I can proudly say I've not had one "Blood On The Ice" bug since switching to the pc and using the USKP. It was a horrible quest to do on the PS3 - just totally bugged. Now I should probably go knock on wood lest the bugs strike my game. ;)

Don't want to make a bug report without additional confirmation.  In my current game I was unable to purchase the bedroom decorations (non-child) from the steward for Breezehome except when I was in Dragonsreach proper.  Out on the porch or in the Jarl's quarters the option was not available.

With all active mods loaded in TES5Edit only the USKP series modified the HousePurchase quest. 

Could this be something missed or since broken from bug #12237?

Yep, looks like that was missed since HF fiddled with the form IDs on the dialogue options and it wasn't noticed that it needed the location fix.

• 3 weeks later...

Merry pre-Christmas! :xmastroll:

USKP 2.0.8 beta is up, second post has the details. I'm especially interested in knowing if the ash pile fix is working as planned or not so if folks could pound on that for a bit that would be great. It won't affect existing ones, only new ones being generated.

I anticipate this beta will only last a week or so since the bulk of the work was on placed refs (thanks Pete!) that don't really need to be heavily tested.

it looks like the logs for the main patch are now starting to get shorter, too. Very nice. What's the current number of still open tickets on the tracker atm?

Not many. Most of what's still hanging around are DLC conflicts, script issues we can't find a solution for yet, stubborn issues that don't replicate easily, animation issues, or mesh tickets that are hanging around waiting on someone to lend a hand with fixing.

Tracdown doesn't really have an easy way to see the totals but I'm going with less than 100 for vanilla, and once the 208 cycle is up, less than 50 for DLC.

And yeah, the bug lists are getting shorter. Which is a good sign I think.

For the curious, went through and added it all up. 222 tickets currently still open. 78 of those are meshes, and 36 of them are Papyrus crap. So it's not really that much.

Heh, nah, he's referring to USLEEP - Unofficial Skyrim LEgendary Edition Patch :P

Which is probably going to become reality somewhere in the first half of 2015.

It probably will, and yes, the exiting patches will continue on until that point. They'll be frozen in whatever state they reach once we get there.

Not looking like the ash pile tweaks are going to remain.

With the tweaks in place, ash piles generated from NPCs you kill are cleared out as expected.

Ash piles from NPCs that are placed into the world already dead DO NOT. This is the issue we've been chasing for some time now.

With the previous "OnReset" script, it's the same results.

With no tweaks whatsoever.... the result is the same. (and that includes no edits to DefaultAshPile1)

So the conclusion here is that Bethesda's fix for the larger problem DOES work and we need not edit these records anymore.

Whatever is screwed up with already dead NPCs is not something we can fix because nothing we've tried works on that other than an aggressive DeleteWhenAble script that hoses the Papyrus stack with tons of waiting calls.

This tweak won't be present in the USKP once we go live with 208.

It wouldn't matter. The ash piles generated by already dead NPCs won't be handled that way.

Heh, nah, he's referring to USLEEP - Unofficial Skyrim LEgendary Edition Patch :P

What a funny acronym ! I love it !  :X

Didn't find the UOP topic so I just post it here: is it possible that UOP being packaged like USKP? It will be way more easier for us to keep mods organized and separate them from the official files and from each other.

From my understanding, Oblivion's DLC don't interplay on the level that Skyrim's do. Seems like a lot of work for little benefit.