[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Arthmoor

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on the type of bug. If it is clearly an obvious bug, like a floating rock, an item you can't pick up, a quest you can't progress for some reason, then the proper place is in the Tracdown system.

Tracdown > Unofficial Skyrim Patch > the category most suited to the specific bug. Make sure you search the Tracdowm system first - it may already have been reported.

If it's an issue with the USKP itself then this thread is as good as any (or the threads for the unofficial DLC patches, if the issue is with one of those). More general issues probably need new thread, but again search first as many of the existing threads contain references to many different issues and there's no point creating a new thread if the issue has already been dicussed.

Depends on the type of bug. If it is clearly an obvious bug, like a floating rock, an item you can't pick up, a quest you can't progress for some reason, then the proper place is in the Tracdown system.

Tracdown > Unofficial Skyrim Patch > the category most suited to the specific bug. Make sure you search the Tracdowm system first - it may already have been reported.

If it's an issue with the USKP itself then this thread is as good as any (or the threads for the unofficial DLC patches, if the issue is with one of those). More general issues probably need new thread, but again search first as many of the existing threads contain references to many different issues and there's no point creating a new thread if the issue has already been dicussed.

Thanks. So should I report these bugs one by one, or can I include them in one Issue?

If they're different bugs then report them separately, most likely in different categories. If they're the same bug (like floating rocks) then you can probably put them all in 1 issue. However, if you do that then you need to provide enough information for each (at the very least the RefID of the object, like a rock) so the team can actually find it. If the bugs are merely similar but are not the same, then posting separately might be better, especially if they require a lengthy description.

Best thing is to put yourself in the Team's position and ask yourself how you would like to see the bugs presented, and more to the point how you would not like to see them presented ;)

I'm not sure what the below error means for sure, but it appeared in my log after loading my game with the beta. It only seems to be a one time occurrence though.

09/28/2014 - 12:02:54AM] error: Cannot call IsDead() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [USKPRetroactive207 (02056430)].uskpretroactive207script.Process() - "USKPRetroactive207Script.psc" Line 106
    [USKPVersionTracking (0200D8B9)].USKP_VersionTrackingScript.ProcessRetroScripts() - "USKP_VersionTrackingScript.psc" Line 80
    [alias Player on quest USKPVersionTracking (0200D8B9)].USKP_VersionTrackingPlayerAliasScript.OnPlayerLoadGame() - "USKP_VersionTrackingPlayerAliasScript.psc" Line 6
09/28/2014 - 12:02:54AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp4"
stack:
    [USKPRetroactive207 (02056430)].uskpretroactive207script.Process() - "USKPRetroactive207Script.psc" Line 106
    [USKPVersionTracking (0200D8B9)].USKP_VersionTrackingScript.ProcessRetroScripts() - "USKP_VersionTrackingScript.psc" Line 80
    [alias Player on quest USKPVersionTracking (0200D8B9)].USKP_VersionTrackingPlayerAliasScript.OnPlayerLoadGame() - "USKP_VersionTrackingPlayerAliasScript.psc" Line 6

Yay :D

How long is the beta period expected?

+1 for all of the above

Grabbed and will be testing

Request - Will you people stop finding textures to fix :P ( Only joking, I am just regretting making a 1gb Legendary version of my mod which also carries forward UPP fixes suitably reduced for VRT. And my ISP is rubbish ADSL compaired with the fibre we became accustomed to at our old address  :crash: )

Arthmoor do you know of any additional texture fixes at the moment that will be coming in the next DLC patches ? ( if so will put off my next upload until after then )

I dont think you need confirmation of just placement fixes, but I went through all the ones you have done which I reported .. Nicely done on all counts :)

I'm a little wary on this particular bug report/fix (Sorry Nico).

There's not enough information and not enough proof. In particular, the report was "only in Sovengarde", yet those effects and textures are used all over - especially the snow and rain ones. Were these tested outside of Sovengarde?

Effects do not use normal maps, just a diffuse map. A solution like this could have impacts on every snow and rain texture mod out there.

Having seen the fix files from Nico included in the 207 beta BSA, I already gave one more texture modder a heads up on this .. Already trying them in my Vanilla Reduced Textures aswell :

If there are any decisions made in Chat regarding this fix already included to be removed again before going live, can they also be duplicated here for everyone else to see instead of stealthy removal .. Thanks to me being too curious for my mod updates, cats out of the bag on nexus.

Yay :D

How long is the beta period expected?

Probably 2 weeks. It's a large enough update to warrant it.

I'm not sure what the below error means for sure, but it appeared in my log after loading my game with the beta. It only seems to be a one time occurrence though.

Ignore it, I'll go back and add an IsRunning check just to keep that quiet for go-live but it basically means the quest isn't running.

Arthmoor do you know of any additional texture fixes at the moment that will be coming in the next DLC patches ? ( if so will put off my next upload until after then )

There's one, but it depends on whether or not someone gets to it for Dragonborn.

I'm a little wary on this particular bug report/fix (Sorry Nico).

There's not enough information and not enough proof. In particular, the report was "only in Sovengarde", yet those effects and textures are used all over - especially the snow and rain ones. Were these tested outside of Sovengarde?

Effects do not use normal maps, just a diffuse map. A solution like this could have impacts on every snow and rain texture mod out there.

If they don't use then, then why does that actually fix the problem? :blink:

This is also what beta periods are for - to make sure that these things don't have some unknown larger impact. Though I really don't see how this would.

As far as impacting other mods, they'd need to adjust this for themselves anyway whether or not we do this.

If they don't use then, then why does that actually fix the problem? :blink:

I dont know if it even does fix the problem. I don't know what the problem is. The bug report is vague, I don't know the conditions Nico was under at the time nor do we know the exact particle effect he is looking at. My point being, no proof was offered to show it fixed the "problem".

As for these particle textures, my thoughts would first lie in the alpha settings.

This is also what beta periods are for - to make sure that these things don't have some unknown larger impact. Though I really don't see how this would.

Nico says in his report that he did this for all the general Particle Geometry textures, without even knowing if they are an issue and/or need it done. So I've tested rain and snow, with and without these normal maps. There is no issue, and these provide no value.

Waiting for Nico to respond to this so I can have a clearer understanding.

We can always remove those things which weren't directly involved in the Sovngarde issue.

For me, I'd like to know if this would be a solution to the black outline problem around fires that showed up in Patch 1.6.

--------

On another note, users of SMIM - be aware that meshes\architecture\whiterun\wrinteriors\wrintfreewallstr01.nif has been altered in SMIM so the fix for the wall mesh inside Warmaidens will not show up for you until Brumbek has a chance to incorporate the fixed collision. Although it's not really clear why he's edited this mesh to start with.

Even stranger, ELFX also edits the same mesh, despite it having nothing to do with lighting. It also edits a huge number of other non-lighting related meshes for some unknown reason.

elfx claims to add new light spots like additional windows, or cracks to some meshes. i can see why this makes sense in caves, but i think for some interios, elfx went a bit over board.

They went more than just a little. I just purged a whole mess of Whiterun interior meshes that should not have been there. Stuff for walls and floors that have no light sources to modify. It means they're probably overriding a number of fixes that shouldn't be getting overridden.

Think I'm gonna just uninstall it and look for a new lighting mod that doesn't do things like this.

We can always remove those things which weren't directly involved in the Sovngarde issue.

For me, I'd like to know if this would be a solution to the black outline problem around fires that showed up in Patch 1.6.

--------

On another note, users of SMIM - be aware that meshes\architecture\whiterun\wrinteriors\wrintfreewallstr01.nif has been altered in SMIM so the fix for the wall mesh inside Warmaidens will not show up for you until Brumbek has a chance to incorporate the fixed collision. Although it's not really clear why he's edited this mesh to start with.

Even stranger, ELFX also edits the same mesh, despite it having nothing to do with lighting. It also edits a huge number of other non-lighting related meshes for some unknown reason.

Thanks for the heads up on SMIM, I was going to send Brumbek word but I see you already beat me to it

There's one, but it depends on whether or not someone gets to it for Dragonborn.

Is there a trackdown for the DLCs ?

Edit : Forgot to mention - Anyone using the Lite installation of SMIM .. That mesh is not included

What "lite" installation of SMIM? Either way, hopefully Brumbek will return and take care of the conflict :P

Is there a trackdown for the DLCs ?

Tracdown is for everything. Just add a [DB], [DG], [HF] in the title, and don't forget to change the "version" to the proper DLC. ;)